Sign in to follow this  
ccbcdeke

HEADS UP

$5 a day to park. They are running every placement at the same time. Khsaa say that it's all about the kids. With every terrible decision it is only hurting the kids. Khsaa is all about the money. Every year it's something new that is ruining the experience for the kids and the fans!

Just now, pmiller13 said:

So I will cost me 80 bucks for my wife and to watch the tournament with me? Wow! 

Welcome to Khsaa where we care about the kids and not about the money!

1 hour ago, Bookhsaa said:

$5 a day to park. They are running every placement at the same time. Khsaa say that it's all about the kids. With every terrible decision it is only hurting the kids. Khsaa is all about the money. Every year it's something new that is ruining the experience for the kids and the fans!

Every placement is not at same time as to my understanding. It kind of sounded that way and reads that way, but for the advisory committee members it will be 3-8, then 1-2. 

So I have some questions for the advisory committee members.  

1. What are the meetings with these "people" like every year?  Contentious, or tell you what you want to hear and then go out do whatever they want?

2.Why is it every year before state we get on this forum and find out crap that they've pulled?

3. What are the long term goals for wrestling from their perspective?  Venue discussions, tourney logistics, increasing the number of programs?

4. What, if any, leverage/input does the KHSCA or advisory committee have?

5. When is contract up with horse park? 

6. Have their been any preliminary discussions WITH THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE regarding future venues?

I'm just tired of nothing positive ever happening with regard to the state tourney every year, for the last 6 years.  Frankfort finals party was discouraged/minimized the last year in Frankfort.  Horse park finals party first year was at least an attempt at recreating the Frankfort atmosphere.  Next year it was squashed and beach balls slashed by knives in a "douchie" manner. Last year it was the finals mat decision that was saved at the 11th hour.  Now this year it's the schedule, lack of a true finals, cost, parking, and again the crap venue.  

Can we as a wrestling community do anything about any of the above and not leave it all on the shoulders of a few coaches left to bang their heads against the walls?  

After attending OH and IN state tourneys I'm left very exasperated.  Sorry for the rant, just tired of being sick and tired.

• Upvote 1

Just seems as if they're trying to kill wrestling here. They should be ashamed of themselves for the terrible event they're putting together.. this is HORRIBLE for our state wrestling.. maybe before next year we petition for certain changes? Who knows 

• Upvote 1

Special Thanks to
ebonite.jpg
scoreboard

tv

radio

store

photos

tv

CURRENT MEMBERS – WRESTLING ADVISORY COMMITTEE

March 19, 2013Sports Advisory Committees

2015-2016 Membership
Christopher King, Calloway County, Assistant Principal, 2019
Bob Davis, Meade County,Coach, 2016 
James Kraeszig, St. Xavier, Coach, 2019
Che Founder, Central, Coach, 2019
John Griggs, Anderson County, Coach, 2019
Tim Ruschell, Ryle, Coach, 2017
Troy Johnson, Fern Creek, Athletic Director, 2019
Philip Dettwiller, Montgomery County, Coach, 2017
Chris McCoy, Male, Coach 2018
Scott Hawkins, Woodford County Superintendent, Board of Control Representative
Mark Schumate, Louisville, KWOA, (ex-officio)
Scott Greenwald, Tournament Staff (ex-officio)
Jimmy Shaw, Assigning Secretary (ex-officio)

47 minutes ago, tcats said:

Has anybody heard anything about the parade of champions? I really hope they don't take that from the kids. 

I don't think they are even going to do a face off.

It has always been a yearly event for me and my family to attend the finals.  Get down to Lexington/Frankfort, have a late lunch.  Then head over to watch the finals.  Spend 2.5 hours there and head on home.

Finals will now be a minimum of 5 hours!  You make the finals and you are the show after the placement matches.  Way to take away the spotlight.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, firemans34 said:

So I have some questions for the advisory committee members.  

1. What are the meetings with these "people" like every year?  Contentious, or tell you what you want to hear and then go out do whatever they want?

2.Why is it every year before state we get on this forum and find out crap that they've pulled?

3. What are the long term goals for wrestling from their perspective?  Venue discussions, tourney logistics, increasing the number of programs?

4. What, if any, leverage/input does the KHSCA or advisory committee have?

5. When is contract up with horse park? 

6. Have their been any preliminary discussions WITH THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE regarding future venues?

I'm just tired of nothing positive ever happening with regard to the state tourney every year, for the last 6 years.  Frankfort finals party was discouraged/minimized the last year in Frankfort.  Horse park finals party first year was at least an attempt at recreating the Frankfort atmosphere.  Next year it was squashed and beach balls slashed by knives in a "douchie" manner. Last year it was the finals mat decision that was saved at the 11th hour.  Now this year it's the schedule, lack of a true finals, cost, parking, and again the crap venue.  

Can we as a wrestling community do anything about any of the above and not leave it all on the shoulders of a few coaches left to bang their heads against the walls?  

After attending OH and IN state tourneys I'm left very exasperated.  Sorry for the rant, just tired of being sick and tired.

Fireman-

its my understanding that no other venue even placed a bid in for the state tournament and the farm and tractor expo is at freedom hall. I also believe the contract is for 4 more years.

The parking fee is not going to Khsaa it is the horse park charging for it.

I hate to suggest this but what about the fans boycotting the tournament?  The wrestlers and coaches would be there to compete but everyone else stay home, mom and dad too.  They know people will come anyway because there is no other choice so they do whatever they want.  Since the only thing they seem to care about is money maybe you have to hit them where it hurts.  This won't be a popular idea, in addition to the complications of organizing it, but maybe it would get real results.

I don't recall paying the Horse Park a parking fee during the KHSAA State Cross Country Meet last November which is held in the front yard of the AllTech Arena.

Parking fee must be a New Years resolution.

I would be curious to know what the average total per person, per KHSAA State Tournament event cost. The cost for parking and individual tickets for football, basketball, underwater basket weaving, etc. Seems like it would cost $35 for 1 single individual to buy 1 all session ticket and park for 2 days for the KHSAA State Wrestling Tournament.

1 hour ago, 1555 said:

I don't recall paying the Horse Park a parking fee during the KHSAA State Cross Country Meet last November which is held in the front yard of the AllTech Arena.

Parking fee must be a New Years resolution.

The front yard? You mean the back forty? :D

And no, they didn't charge anything for parking at state XC -- though parking this year was a nightmare because of all the work they had going on during the summer and fall. The grass lots where I parked were nothing but a quagmire.

6 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:
Special Thanks to
ebonite.jpg
scoreboard   

tv

radio

store

photos

tv

2015-2016 Membership

With Elementary State changing Venues I guess they thought milking the HS fans more  will make up the deficit for this dust filled unhealthy atmosphere.  Great to know who the advisory members are, but how Much  does the KHSAA value  the Advisory Members input?  I know I am going to get slammed,  but there is not a single female on this board, nor a  delegate representing the fans. What is best for the kids , yeah right. 

Also there was not a Conflict of dates with the Farm Machinery Show this year or next. 

7 hours ago, Nike Man said:

I would be curious to know what the average total per person, per KHSAA State Tournament event cost. The cost for parking and individual tickets for football, basketball, underwater basket weaving, etc. Seems like it would cost $35 for 1 single individual to buy 1 all session ticket and park for 2 days for the KHSAA State Wrestling Tournament.

I can tell you, to attend the baseball state tourney, I paid over $100 last year.  3 games, concessions, and parking over the 3 days.  And I didn't attend the finals game.  Really, $25 for a 2 day pass, + $10 for parking doesn't seem too bad.  Really, it's pretty much in line with what you'd pay for any state finals event, if not less.  Same with concessions.  I get it, it's not cheap, and it's not gourmet food, but you are going to pay those types of prices with the same quality regardless of the venue.  

14 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:
Special Thanks to
ebonite.jpg
scoreboard

tv

radio

store

photos

tv

2015-2016 Membership

Yes that really looks like a committee of people who would like to "kill wrestling." <sarcasm>

11 hours ago, Josh_Claywell said:

The front yard? You mean the back forty? :D

And no, they didn't charge anything for parking at state XC -- though parking this year was a nightmare because of all the work they had going on during the summer and fall. The grass lots where I parked were nothing but a quagmire.

This.  Parking wasn't ideal by any means but it was free.