Sign in to follow this  
ccbcdeke

HEADS UP

coaches and teams too or just spectators?  We don't use bus service we drive down in cars......

Seems like another way to hurt the sport all while making money.  Doesn't matter who is charging, KHSAA would be the profiteer from it.  They either are charging themselves or they got a deal on the rental fee and in return allowed the Horse Park to charge.  Benefits them either way.  This stinks for the people who have to pay entry, travel, lodging, etc.... now throw on another fee.

• Upvote 2

I took this from the KHSAA website.  

Looks like they will be clearing the arena on Saturday before the medal rounds this year.  

http://khsaa.org/wrestling/teamstateinstructions.pdf

GENERAL PUBLIC/FANS/NON PARTICIPANTS 

Tickets will be priced at $15 for all day on Friday, and $15 for Session one on Saturday. $10 for the Medal Rounds. 

An all-tournament pass will be available at the gate for $25, and will be sold through Saturday morning. 

All individuals entering the arena will need to be ticketed or admitted via the pass gate. 

The gates will open for the general public at 8:30 a.m. on Friday & 8:00 a.m. on Saturday 

Please inform your parents and non-competing squad members about this timetable. We are unable to secure the building and provide adequately enough for the safety of these individuals until the staff becomes available when the gates open. 

Maybe the KHSAA can use the extra money from parking to buy new podiums for the medalist, since they allowed our old ones to be thrown away due to "not having anywhere to store them."

• Upvote 1

That is pretty bad to change after these last few years .To charge anything more than a couple bucks to park means someone is banking ,I will say even though some crooks would still be scamming I would pay 5 or 10 bucks to see some kids get a decent medal and a Bracket for winning a state Title .Ky USA wrestling did however go the extra mile to honor it's champs and AAs.

It's going to look really special seeing the top 8 placers standing shoulder to shoulder on the floor getting their quarter sized medals. The KHSAA always doing the classy thing.

• Upvote 1

If that's the case then someone or everyone should find out and do something about it now even if it's putting the podium together themselves ,Then get rid of whoever is running the show .

• Upvote 1

I was told by a Coach that was told by Mike Barren directly that the podiums were thrown away. I haven't heard about new ones being built, but I hope that is true.

The parking charge is two-fold. They make extra money on every vehicle that enters plus discourage people from leaving to get better less expensive food because if you leave you will have to pay parking again to re-enter. Win-win for the horse park and the KHSAA. 

35 minutes ago, the man on the moon said:

Just wait till they see the way the time table is set up for finals. It looks like all medal rounds will be wrestled at the same time. 

Which is, IMO, idiotic. I can understand a regular-season tourney doing this when it gets late in the night or whatever, but this is the state tournament.

I believe that all conso placement rounds will be wrestled for say  106, then the finals for 106 under lights.  Then all 113 conso matches with the 113 final next under lights.   same with all other weight classes

• Upvote 1