Sign in to follow this  
CoachC

Team Kentucky Middle School

Just want to let everyone know that we are working on Team Kentucky Now and will soon have practice dates and locations, qualification and challenge information out to everyone.

Just so everyone is aware, there will be a challenge process in effect that will allow those middle school wrestlers that chose to wrestle for there high school teams and forgo middle school state, to challenge for a spot. This will also allow those who missed because of injury or illness.

If you are a coach that would like to help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you

Jon Carr

I will post more info tonigh. Practice locations and petition information. We will be putting the very best 2 teams on the mat that we can. We will try to hold practices as close to central for everyone as we can. Hopefully this will help to get all of our best to attend.

First, Thank You for your patience.

I am attaching a petition form to make it easier to keep track of who is planning to wrestle off, and who makes the teams. I will also send a copy to the committee so they are aware and can give their input. Remember, our goal is to put the very best 2 teams on the mat at Nationals!

The Following are the wrestlers that I think will at least wrestle off:

75 Spencer Moore/Braeden Herron

80 Isham Peace/Devon Herron

85 Jeffrey Kinley/Sam Grandstaff

90 Thomas Deck/Jacob Grandstaff

95 Carson Deckerd/Brennon Conrad

102 Gabe Adams/Gideon Adams

110 Brayden Giannone/Cauy Wallece

117Austin Grant-Hall/Seth Lutes

125 Payne Carr/Jackerion Merritt

132/140 Noah Duke/Branden Gibbson

140/150 Nathanial Lawrence/David Bodenbender

150/160 Colin Stevens/Dillon Talmon

175 Niko Bussell/Bryce Tackett

195 Devin Johnson/Logan Deasel

220/275 Tyrell Love/Derek Hager

Top 4 at state have already been invited. But I fully expect more to want to compete for a spot. ALL Middle School wrestlers will be eligible!

Wrestlers that may wish to petition for a spot that only wrestled high school are eligible, as well as wrestlers that couldn't compete due to illness of injury.

Due to State Duals being scheduled for Feb 27th the practice schedule will be changed to having the first practice the following weekend March 5th. at Central Hardin High School in Cecilia, Ky. @ KWOA Spring Classic. Wrestle offs will be officiated by KWOA officials. I would like for everyone to wrestle in this tournament to support our officials. They are going to work with us to make the wrestle offs happen correctly.

I am working on securing other practice locations currently.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns. All of my contact info is on my profile.

Thanks again

KSWA KY.docx

KSWA KY.pdf

2016 Team Ky INFO Sheet.pdf

Edited by CoachC
Add pdf document

Come on guys, we need every state champ and runner up to come out and wrestle on this team. Please contact me if your interested, so we can plan for wrestle offs. 

ky.nationalteams@gmail.com

270-952-0215

As of today I have 19 wrestlers. We have wrestle offs at 110/1 117/2 & 132/2. We have no one slated for 90, 95, 160, & 220. Are also missing 140 or 150 Have 1 wrestler slated once he decides which weight. We have 7 State Champs And 2 Runners up. We need our Champs if we are going to compete at a high level. I have tried to centralize practices to try to get the Eastern KY kids, but still don't have any that are any distance east of Lexington. We really feel like we can wrestle to the Gold pool But we need our best to do it. Come on out guys, I promise it will be an experience you wont soon forget!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here are the teams:

Blue                                                                                   Red                                                       Alt.

75 Isham Peace                                                                Spencer Moore                                     Nick Giompalo             

80 Jayssen Hanson                                                           Luke Chapman                                     TJ McKenzie

85 Jeffrey Kinley                                                                Jacob Cain

90 Thomas Deck                                                               Nathan Ohlmann

95 Carson Deckard                                                           Brock McAlpin

102 Zeke Escalera                                                            Zach Pledger                                      David Dahl

110 Gabe Adams                                                              Mason Wilson                                     Dalton Russelburg/Rictor Morgan

117 Payne Carr                                                                 Seth Lutes

125 Triston Brooks                                                            Jackson Grimsley

132 Noah Duke                                                                 Briley Mohon

140 Nathanial Lawrence                                                   Micah Ervin

150 Ronnie Shackelford                                                   Will Horshler                                                                   

160 Andrew Maupin                                                         Blake Fox

175 Mathias Ervin                                                             Colton Maines

195 Logan Deasel                                                             Open

220 Nathan Chiappone                                                     Open

275 JT Danials                                                                  Open

I would like to fill all of the open spots on both teams. If your interested, let me know. Next practice is Saturday March 12th 2:00 - 4:00 at Moore Traditional School. Come join us!! 

***** TEAM KY GEAR ORDER FORM *****

If you are on Team KY you will need to order your gear by Wednesday 3/9/16. I know that is a short time line, but we need to order the singlets asap so that they will be ready on time. I will be sending the link out via email tonight so please email me if you want to make sure you get the link. Send parent's name and wrestler's name to esqsportswear@gmail.com

20 hours ago, CoachC said:

I would like to fill all of the open spots on both teams. If your interested, let me know. Next practice is Saturday March 12th 2:00 - 4:00 at Moore Traditional School. Come join us!! 

Our room is at the rear of the school, drive past the parking lot and you should see a little lot with dumpsters and an exit door to the building labeled #13. I will make sure that door is open. Just head inside and you should find the room no problem.

5 hours ago, CoachQ said:

***** TEAM KY GEAR ORDER FORM *****

If you are on Team KY you will need to order your gear by Wednesday 3/9/16. I know that is a short time line, but we need to order the singlets asap so that they will be ready on time. I will be sending the link out via email tonight so please email me if you want to make sure you get the link. Send parent's name and wrestler's name to esqsportswear@gmail.com

I also sent it out so everyone should have it. Please let me know if you didn't get it.

Still need 80, 95, 160, 195, & 275 for the Red team. I also need 220 for the Blue team. If your interested in one of these spots, please contact myself or one of the coaches. Its now going to be more of a first come first serve basis in most cases.

We will be practicing this Saturday at Moore Traditional School 2:00-4:00 all are welcome!!

We still have spots on the Red Team 195, 220, & 275. First come first serve. We really want to take 2 full teams. If your at all interested please contact us!! These are the only spots left. All other spots have been filled.