gameface

Middle School State 2016 Potential Match Ups?

What matches and weight classes are going to be exciting to watch? Looking for input from around the state of who you think will be key matches fun to watch. There's a lot of great kids that have worked hard from lightweights to the bigs!!get their name and match you want to see out there!

I am a little biased towards the 92 bracket, but I think you have a really solid group that will be battling.  Conrad/Cummings (have split their two very close matches this year), Blue/Deckard may have a rematch from last season's state consolation final at 86.  Deckard is a beast, so it will be interesting to see if anyone will step up and take him down...otherwise it will be seeing who gets the scraps for 2nd and 3rd.

• Upvote 1

I'm excited to see all of our young men and women wrestle, they all have been working so hard as wrestlers that showing up, putting on that singlet, and going out there and getting after it on Saturday and Sunday is the reward that us as coaches get to see and be proud of. It's truly a pleasure just to watch as they compete. It's an honor to say you helped them get there.

• Upvote 2

So many great kids in each class.  I'm partial to the lightweights of course. 70 with Moore, Herron, Sander, Bean, Giampalo and Ross. 75 With Peace, Thomas, Herron, Powell and Miracle. 80's top 4 are hammers Kinley, Grandstaff, Walls and Hansen are all really balanced.  Same with 86 with Jacob Grandstaff and Thomas Deck leading the way. And how about a huge shout out to Ashley Courtney from Woodford!! She's a solid wrestler battling in to the state Championships.  Hard to call the champions with so many good kids!  Best of luck to all these wrestlers this weekend!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wrstlrsdad said:

Noah Duke, Daulton Mayer, and Brandon gibson will all be fun to watch. good luck to all.

you from regions 3? Lol I think Jack Arend takes 130 pound championship home with him Saturday.

58 minutes ago, RamMan said:

Who?

exactly Who? first you said it was Levid now you say its Jack Arend. So Apparently your just a kid on the forum. Now go do your homework!!!

On February 4, 2016 at 0:29 PM, gameface said:

Dutch, I thought a Mason Smith vs Cole Thomas would be a better match! 

Mason wouldn't stand a chance.  Cole has the size advantage.  Only hope would be Cole would hit Mason with a illegal slam and he could play possum.  That is our only hope.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wrstlrsdad said:

exactly Who? first you said it was Levid now you say its Jack Arend. So Apparently your just a kid on the forum. Now go do your homework!!!

Can't a kid change his mind? Been looking into some stuff and appreytly jack had been holding back about to unleash the beast.

On February 5, 2016 at 3:06 PM, All American said:

Can't a kid change his mind? Been looking into some stuff and appreytly jack had been holding back about to unleash the beast.

Hey All American!! I think this would be a great place for you to congratulate Noah Duke on his State Title since you called out 3 different kids beating him. This was a great weight class, but you were the only one to to call out Duke and list a series of "upsets". I think he covered your spread!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, gameface said:

Hey All American!! I think this would be a great place for you to congratulate Noah Duke on his State Title since you called out 3 different kids beating him. This was a great weight class, but you were the only one to to call out Duke and list a series of "upsets". I think he covered your spread!!

I will be the first to congratulate Noah Duke and all the wrestlers. I had made a comment on the 10% rule that some complain about. It was only to say a little weight doesn't matter and that my son chose to drop to 130 for hopefully a chance to avenge a loss to Micah Erwin in a weight class that you could see still had all of the top ranked kids still in it. 140 obviously still had Lawrence and Bodenbender but everyone else in between that were mentioned earlier in the rankings went to different weight classes or were not there at all. 150 also had some studs along with all the other weight classes. For my son 130 seemed to be the potentially toughest class top to bottom not at all saying the top wrestlers at 140 &150 were not spectacular. I wish for my son to always learn from a win or a loss.