Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2015/16 - FEBRUARY 2

Okay, time to get excited.  State is here.  Attached are some final rankings to view prior to the matches kicking off this Saturday morning.  But as well all know, the medals are won and lost on the mat.  Besides, we still have a long way to go to get better information on these kids and get truly accurate rankings.

I am finishing up a tournament preview and will attach it later tonight.

WR Rankings 2015_16 Middle School FEB2_2016.pdf

I am confused and new to wrestling but why wouldn't the state qualifiers be the top 16 in a weight class? It seems that if you qualified you should be ranked. Maybe I am missing something.

5 minutes ago, Rsjkpoints said:

I am confused and new to wrestling but why wouldn't the state qualifiers be the top 16 in a weight class? It seems that if you qualified you should be ranked. Maybe I am missing something.

Those that run the state tournament and those that do the rankings are two separate groups.  

2 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:

Those that run the state tournament and those that do the rankings are two separate groups.  

For sure they ranked one kid in a bad way but rankings mean nothing at this point.

23 hours ago, Rsjkpoints said:

Not true.  There are a lot of kids who come out of very difficult districts and regions and don't make the big dance and some do qualify out of easier areas.  So just making it doesn't mean you should be ranked.  Plus, there are not 16 at most weights.

And for those who think your kid is ranked "bad" and think it is something personal you are just trying to manufacture some conspiracy.  Our goal is to just get it right.  Playing favorites or hating on someone just makes us look wrong in the end.

Thanks. Far from perfect but with the delayed regions there was really very little time to update rankings and digest the brackets. For HS Dutch and I have to forgo sleep for a couple days. 

25 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Thanks. Far from perfect but with the delayed regions there was really very little time to update rankings and digest the brackets. For HS Dutch and I have to forgo sleep for a couple days. 

Tacos, lots of tacos, I will bring the hot sauce. 

Once again thank you for everything you do Ranger and Dutch. I for one am glad you guys put in the time you guys do for presenting something for the fans of the sport of wrestling to get some knowledge of the young men and women representing this sport at this level.

5 minutes ago, Rsjkpoints said:

Looking forward to a final ranking to see what surprises came up on Saturday.

shouldn't be any surprises....everything was settled on the mat at the state tourney. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rsjkpoints said:

I personally know in the 190 weight class there was a surprise. A previously unranked kid placed 6th.

What I'm saying is if you want final rankings, just look at how the state tourney finished.  The top 6 are pretty clear.  And I wouldn't say an unranked kid finishing 6th is all that unusual, or a huge surprise.  The only big surprise IMHO was in the 240lb class.

There are always a few kids that make the podium that are a bit of a surprise or an unknown , especially at the bigger weights.  Middle School ranking are such an inexact science.  That being said, Rangers favorite was the state champ in 12 of the 15 weight classes.  In the 3 he missed, 1 finished 2nd, one 3rd, and one finished 6th after exiting in the semi's with a tournament ending injury. 

On February 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Ranger123 said:

Thank you Ranger for the time and effort you put into it. Great props for a lot of great wrestlers. And Dutch doesn't need sleep!! He does that at work and it's still not helping. As far as the unranked 190 Keegan Pointe, he wrestled great this weekend and ends up 6th at State! Very proud of this first year wrestler! Ryle has a bright future with this Big Guy in their line up!! Congrats to your little hammer Spencer Moore on winning his first Middle School Championship!! He certainly has earned it!!!

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, BIGBLUE18 said:

Would it be possible to get a grade list for these young men?

I will post what I have and maybe someone can help fill in the blanks.