Sign in to follow this  
Shady-Shady-Shady

Region 2 Predictions

I see Meade Co. as favorite to be repeat Regional champs this year. I am pretty sure it will come down to Meade and Larue Co.  Both Teams have good line ups but comparing Individual Dual Match ups I have to lean toward Meade Heavily.

These are only my predictions from Wrestler match-ups and individual wins against other wrestlers. The same 2 wrestlers do not necessarily have wrestled each other but wins and loses against another wrestler at different times.....

Predicted Individual Weight Winners.

106 – Mattingly from Appollo

113 – Haverstick from John Hardin – clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

120 – Metcalf from Larue Co.

126 – Tossup between Lee from Meade Co and Martinson from Davies Co. (Lee should be 1 seed)

132 – Young from Meade – Goodin from Larue will challenge for 1st (Young should be 1 seed with win over Kenney from Madison Central)

138 – Johnson from John Hardin – Clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

145 – Leak from North Hardin – Clear favorite (should be 1 seed)

152 – Chandler from Central Hardin – Knoth from Meade will challenge for 1st ( Knoth should be 1 seed with win over Chandler)

160 – Ackley from Nelson Co. – clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

170 – Jones from Central Hardin – will be challenged by Williams from North Hardin (Jones Should be 1 seed with win over Williams)

182 – Steve from Larue - clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

195 – Kaiser from John Hardin - clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

220 – Jett from Meade - clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

285 – Robinson from North Hardin – Pratt will challenge for 1st. (Robinson should be 1 seed)

I could not find a match in OPC berween the two. But it doesn't mean they haven't wrestled each other. I am also showing Insko never made the drop to 115. By not having  2 weigh in at that weight i do believe he is no longer eligible to drop. He has to remain at 120 now.

Gotcha. Wasn't sure if he made the drop or not. Definitely a tough up and comer. Just thought it would make for a good match. The Morgan kid at 113 from Apollo is pretty tough too.

22 hours ago, KYWrestler@Heart said:

I could not find a match in OPC berween the two. But it doesn't mean they haven't wrestled each other. I am also showing Insko never made the drop to 115. By not having  2 weigh in at that weight i do believe he is no longer eligible to drop. He has to remain at 120 now.

They wrestled last year at the Central Hardin Bruin Classic. The match Score was 20-10 Insko.

You're talking about the kid who has been showing up at all the matches cheering against LaRue county and showing his ass every match?  I think it's become pretty obvious why they got rid of him. Pretty sure Dulak finishes 3rd at 152 anyway, just like their first year wrestler did. Not sure having him in the lineup helps anyone.  Everything that I've heard from people connected to the team is how big of a relief it was to get him out of the locker room. 

I was told that he tried to psyche out the 138 Davis before his match with Maldonado from Meade county.  So perhaps if Dulak had just not been in the gym at all, that may have made a difference. 

I was thinking that having Bingham in their lineup might have made a difference.  I would stay focused on the people who help the team and not the selfish ones who tear apart the team from the inside out.  

• Upvote 1

If you don't believe LCAlum let's use a little math.  Two quick facts:

1.  LaRue lost by 15.5 to Meade County.

2.  Franklin scored 21 points for LaRue.  

For the sake of argument, let's say that Dulak wrestled like "a stud" and wins 152.  We will award him the 28 points that Knoth scored for his team (which was the highest anyone scored for their team).  This makes up 7 of the points needed for LaRue to beat Meade (28 - 21), leaving them 8.5 shy of overtaking Meade.  Also Knoth would lose 4 placement points for getting 2nd instead of 1st.  Knoth also loses the 2 bonus points for pinning in the finals.  So Knoth's score drops 6 points which still leaves LaRue 2.5 shy of overtaking Meade.

In short, Dulak coming and wrestling like "a stud" wouldn't have mattered...

Free Agent in sports, by definition is someone who doesn't have a team.  seems to me that someone who would create an account on here and say that Larue County wouldn't do well because they are "untested" after a 25-3 season only to follow up calling some wrestler that was a little above .500 record and hasn't wrestled a match this season a stud who would have saved the region title is very similar actions to someone who would claim to be an all American after finishing 5th out of 5 in a national round robin tournament that had no requirements to enter while getting pinned twice and major decisioned twice.   

No one said larue would not do well. When you wrestle Fort Knox 4 times Nelson co 4 times central Hardin 3 times  and Thomas Nelson 3 times and all your wrestling is duals and walking out to get your hand raised, your win lose record is a little deceptive.  If your not getting mat time your not getting tested, that's why I used the term untested.  You seem to know a lot about what this kid is doing, even thought he's not been part the program, I wonder why that is? I don't have all the facts of what's happened between him and the team bit Iam sure you do. The conversations I've had with the kid have always been positive, one last thing I use the screen name free agent because I am an independent contractor.  That's kinda cheap to blame the kid for psyching out your 138 that was one of the best matches of the tourney and could have gone to either wrestler obviously you want to pin blame for out come on someone, why not the official? Why your at it blame him for Hernandez getting teched for stalling in finals.  One other thing just seems every time I see the kid at tournaments he's always surrounded by other wrestlers and coaches from other teams just my observation. After all we were all 16 year olds once too..

I've heard every bit of Coach Burrell's side and bits and pieces -- read: very little -- from the Dulak camp. And seeing as how everyone I've talked about this has backed up what Coach Burrell told me, I'm inclined to believe their version of the story.

From what I've heard, Burrell had no choice but to do what he did.

• Upvote 2