Sign in to follow this  
sweepsingle

Entering wrestlers in youth state

Coaches,

To enter information into Track Wrestling on-line, send an e-mail to johntylerbaines@gmail.com with Your Name, Team, and your e-mail address

In turn you will receive an e-mail containing your username and password information; be sure to check your junk folder if you don't get it by late tonight. 

YOU MUST INPUT YOUR TEAM INFORMATION INTO THE SITE NO LATER THAN MONDAY NIGHT AT 9PM!

Thanks,
Tyler Baines

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:06 PM, plantmanky1 said:

Coaches,

To enter information into Track Wrestling on-line, send an e-mail to johntylerbaines@gmail.com with Your Name, Team, and your e-mail address

In turn you will receive an e-mail containing your username and password information; be sure to check your junk folder if you don't get it by late tonight. 

YOU MUST INPUT YOUR TEAM INFORMATION INTO THE SITE NO LATER THAN MONDAY NIGHT AT 9PM!

Thanks,
Tyler Baines

When will the brackets be available?  They were on last night and gone today. 

1 hour ago, eagle7071 said:

When will the brackets be available?  They were on last night and gone today. 

I am able to pull them up now

The final brackets will be released tomorrow at 8 AM.  We are still receiving corrections and attempting to separate 1st round regional match-ups. 

21 hours ago, MLee said:

The final brackets will be released tomorrow at 8 AM.  We are still receiving corrections and attempting to separate 1st round regional match-ups. 

Now that the brackets are up and released what happens if there are changes?  Are there any changes allowed?  If a kid doesn't show up is it a forfeit?

I was wondering what formula is being used? My son was region champ and has to wrestle the other region champ the first match, while the kid he pinned at region gets a bye first round. Explanation ??

I think that it is randomly done, but not positive on that.  I think they just try to make sure that the kids from the same region don't wrestle in the first round if possible.

11 hours ago, Jrodc said:

go to trackwrestling.com and search for the event

There's no way the youth state tournament is randomly drawn. Just look at my sons middle school bracket then look at his youth bracket lol. 

• Upvote 1

I know it . My son who was region champ has to wrestle the champ from union first round just to get to the next round ,if he wins, to wrestle the kid he has pinned a couple times who has a bye the first round. What was the point of regionals? I smell favoritism!

It is random draw for younger kids. The older ones like Blue people know who they are and try to separate them some but aren't seeded. If they were trying to show favoritism they didn't do very well since there kid is on the same side of the bracket  as your kid.  True 2nd might not be a bad option. I see it used as World of Wrestling events and Tennessee state  uses it.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if the favoritism thing was thrown toward me or not. I didn't say favoritism was shown or anything was wrong with the way the tournament was seeded but i do like the true 2nd place idea. Blue will wrestle anyone in front of him it doesn't matter. Win or lose Blue shows up to wrestle whoever is across from him. 

Not towards you at all lol you right tho , no dodging and wrestle who ever is in front of you. He will live with it . Just weird I have wrestled all over the country since I could walk and since moving here , there are no weight classes and everyone at region qualifies for state and no criteria on bracket placements . Guess I gotta get used to it

49 minutes ago, MichiganMan said:

Not towards you at all lol you right tho , no dodging and wrestle who ever is in front of you. We will live with it . Just weird I have wrestled all over the country since I could walk and since moving here , there are no weight classes and everyone at region qualifies for state and no criteria on bracket placements . Guess I gotta get used to it

For middle school wrestling, you have district and regional qualifiers to get to the state tournament, and there is a seeding process for the state bracket.  Younger kids (4th-8th grades I think are eligible for MS) that want that level of competition have that avenue to wrestle.  Youth is more about getting younger and less experienced kids interested and excited about wrestling in Kentucky.  Hence, Kentucky youth state tournament doesn't have a qualifier or seeding for the bracket.  We just changed last year from an 8 man to a 16 man bracket which was a great move to make it a little tougher and more interesting, but at the end of the day youth is about exposure to the sport.

I agree to an extent. Novice and local tournaments are usually for youth exposure, Not Usually the complaining type just was  a little frustrated when brackets posted and didn't know it was random. Wrestling culture shock I guess. All good now , looking forward to this weekend!! Good luck to everyone at states!

34 minutes ago, MichiganMan said:

I agree to an extent. Novice and local tournaments are usually for youth exposure, Not Usually the complaining type just was  a little frustrated when brackets posted and didn't know it was random. Wrestling culture shock I guess. All good now , looking forward to this weekend!! Good luck to everyone at states!

What weight is your son wrestling?

35-38 6U . I Just didn't know what the formula for the bracket placements  were.  It's cool tho ,now that I know how it was done. All about having fun and giving 100% and development as his age anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, marriedtothemat said:

Just curious, are middle school placers allowed to wrestle at youth state?

If you place in the Top 4, you can't

On February 3, 2016 at 10:18 AM, MLee said:

#1from one reg against #4 from two regional,  #2 from one region against #3 from region 2.  See the 10% rule not only promotes injury and dropping out, it confuses the confused people who think it's a good thing!! #setweights