plantmanky1

KSWA Region 4 Tournament, Sat Jan 30, 2016

For Immediate Release From the KSWA:

ALL,

I am happy to report that we have been able to secure officials to move the Region 4 tournament back to Saturday, January 30, 2016.  

Only major change from the original format is that weigh ins will now be at 10am (to allow those officials travel time to get to JC)

Event will be at the High School

Region 4 – WRESTLING TOURNAMENT

HOSTED BY: JOHNSON COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL

Johnson County High School

257 North Mayo Trail

Paintsville, KY 41240

JANUARY 30, 2016

SCRATCH MEETING: Seeding meeting will be held directly after weigh-ins.

ENTRY FEE: $16.00 PER WRESTLER (No maximum fee).

ELIGIBILITY: All wrestlers that are on your team that have a valid USA INSURANCE CARD and adhere to all Bylaws.

REGISTRATION: Entry fees are due no later than the morning of the event.

If your team or club hasn’t paid by the day of the Tournament, they WILL NOT be able to participate.

(Make Checks Payable to: JOHNSON COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL)

Mail Checks to: 251 North Mayo Trail Paintsville, KY 41240

WEIGH-INS: Weigh-Ins at 10:00am

AWARDS: Team Trophy for: 1st – 3rd Place

Medals for top 4 and a “MOW”

Top 4 in each wt. class will advance to the State Wrestling Tournament.

ADMISSION: Adults: $6.00 Children: $4.00 (5-18 yrs.)

NO COOLERS ARE ALLOWED.

Concessions will be provided.

WT. CLASSES: 70/75/80/86/92/98/105/113/121/130/140/152/168/190/240(max). All weight classes will be bumped up 2 pounds due to the growth allowance rule.

FORMAT: Individual bracket tournament with double elimination. All championship brackets will be 3 periods of 1:30 each. All consolation rounds will be 1:00 = 1:30 = 1:30.

606-477-7325

Jesse.peck@johnson.kyschools.us

• Upvote 3

What a disaster.  District 7 cry babies shouldn't dictate how the host from district 8 holds the tourney. It was your year to host and no one wanted to. Had to cry to state association to get your way. I'm sure u guys will try to reseed the tourney also. 

• Downvote 3

Wow! ^^^^^Who sounds like the crybaby? It wasn't District 7 that made the decision, it was the association. If you have an issue, take it to them. Sounds like you may not be a fan of wrestling, just a fan of your district. The best decision was made for wrestling, not for you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Whatever dude. I know for a fact that one coach from district 7 wanted to get his way and was going to change the venue if the date wasn't changed. U may be that coach. Don't hide behind the association. I got the emails. 

50 minutes ago, Dustoff said:

What a disaster.  District 7 cry babies shouldn't dictate how the host from district 8 holds the tourney. It was your year to host and no one wanted to. Had to cry to state association to get your way. I'm sure u guys will try to reseed the tourney also. 

You can't change the seeding at region. Wrestlers are seeded according to their district placement.  All the regions are seeded the same way.

Sorry Dustoff, I'm not the coach. Honestly, I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't even have a kid this age. I just saw where Johnson County was about to throw a monkey wrench in a lot of teams and parents plans, and I wasn't going to stand by and watch it happen. There is absolutely no excuse for JC to want to host this tournament on Sunday, unless there is an alterior motive. The woe is me Eastern KY crap has got to give. I've heard it for 25 years! 

So I'm glad you admit it's all about you and not the kids.  What alterior motive would they have?  None. You are the type of person who thinks you are better than eastern Ky folks and can't stand it when teams like JC come up to your region and kick your butt. The fact is we always have to come to you to wrestle. We have to cancel touneys because no one wants to show up or backs out at last minute to attend a NKY tourney. When we do have a opportunity people like you tell us how to do it.  Everyone from district 8 was good for Sunday. The new team to our region comes in and tries to dictate how things should be. When you have a Region 4 title then you can have input!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

19 minutes ago, Dustoff said:

So I'm glad you admit it's all about you and not the kids.  What alterior motive would they have?  None. You are the type of person who thinks you are better than eastern Ky folks and can't stand it when teams like JC come up to your region and kick your butt. The fact is we always have to come to you to wrestle. We have to cancel touneys because no one wants to show up or backs out at last minute to attend a NKY tourney. When we do have a opportunity people like you tell us how to do it.  Everyone from district 8 was good for Sunday. The new team to our region comes in and tries to dictate how things should be. When you have a Region 4 title then you can have input!

That's 100% correct. If It was a team from district 7 needing to reschedule not a word would've been said.

As a matter of fact sir, I have multiple middle school District 7 titles, middle school Region 4 titles, and a couple of high school State titles. I don't consider myself better than Eastern KY folk, I've got family that graduated from JC and still live in Paintsville. I just believe that Eastern KY (when it comes to wrestling) has always had an "us against the state" attitude. Honestly, Jim Matney is one of my favorite coaches. All of that said, I'm pretty sure that I did admit it is about the kids and not about you. Team is another word for the wrestlers/kids, etc. in case you got confused. And as far as always traveling to us, are you off your meds or just new to the sport? We have rotated back and forth for years, so don't try to play that card. You got any other attempts to discredit me?

Glad to see it was changed to Saturday. We need to give all of our kids every chance we can to succeed in this sport. Not all of our kids are at top tier level. They strive to be but can only get better with mat time. Some will travel to Paintsville as alternates, 3 hours or more with a hope of getting a chance to wrestle. And if they can't, now they will have an opportunity to wrestle Sunday in youth. Thanks whoever for these kids having more mat time.

• Upvote 2

I'm not trying 2 b rude here but ur very wrong . I am a parent from district 8 of a 6th & 2nd grader & I had a very serious problem with it being on Sunday & on the same day as youth regions . It was going 2 b very hard 4 me 2 b n 2 different counties . 

• Upvote 2

"That's 100% correct. If It was a team from district 7 needing to reschedule not a word would've been said."

Why does a team from district 8 need to reschedule? If the 23rd (which was a Saturday) was fine. Then why would the next Saturday not work as well?

1 hour ago, Dustoff said:

That's 100% correct. If It was a team from district 7 needing to reschedule not a word would've been said.

17 minutes ago, ThreeCount said:

"That's 100% correct. If It was a team from district 7 needing to reschedule not a word would've been said."

Why does a team from district 8 need to reschedule? If the 23rd (which was a Saturday) was fine. Then why would the next Saturday not work as well?

I'm not going to get into a back and forth on here. Everyone knows who I am. Its pretty obvious. If you want to have a conversation with me about our reasoning find me Saturday and we can discuss the reasons. I'm open to having a reasonable conversation with anyone just not a back and forth on here that helps nothing. 

Two of my four children wrestle and, as a parent, I'm glad we don't have to make a choice which tournament to attend this weekend.  Thank you for considering the best interests of the entire wrestling community.

Dustoff, I've been following these threads waiting for the final decisions without showing my hind end to the entire forum.  I typically encourage my children to hold their breath and throw their petty tantrums in private, because (as you have demonstrated beautifully SEVERAL times) not doing so makes you look like a complete idiot.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Takedown522 said:

Two of my four children wrestle and, as a parent, I'm glad we don't have to make a choice which tournament to attend this weekend.  Thank you for considering the best interests of the entire wrestling community.

Dustoff, I've been following these threads waiting for the final decisions without showing my hind end to the entire forum.  I typically encourage my children to hold their breath and throw their petty tantrums in private, because (as you have demonstrated beautifully on SEVERAL times) not doing so makes you look like a complete idiot.

Good try NikeGuy. Make up another account and attack me. I don't need to discredit you. You do a good job of putting your own foot in your mouth!  Just funny how you have no skin in this region yet you admit to having an alterior motive at sticking it to EKY teams. Way to go. You win again!  You guys will always win at politicking to get your way but we will win on the mat....maybe that's why you guys never show up to our tourneys...afraid to lose!  Go back and keep trolling the high school forum and slamming other posters. It's obvious that you are a wannabe wrestling forum policeman!  The original Barney five. 

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dustoff said:

Good try NikeGuy. Make up another account and attack me. I don't need to discredit you. You do a good job of putting your own foot in your mouth!  Just funny how you have no skin in this region yet you admit to having an alterior motive at sticking it to EKY teams. Way to go. You win again!  You guys will always win at politicking to get your way but we will win on the mat....maybe that's why you guys never show up to our tourneys...afraid to lose!  Go back and keep trolling the high school forum and slamming other posters. It's obvious that you are a wannabe wrestling forum policeman!  The original Barney five. 

Whatever.  Try sucking your thumb, curling up in a little ball and rocking back and forth in a corner somewhere.  I've heard that helps with cases of butthurt as extreme as yours.

Haha, Dustoff, you amuse me with your accusations. Create another account? Cute. Once again, you have no proof to your argument. A foot in my mouth? Prove it. As far as winning, yes, you are finally correct. That is what I do, and have done a wonderful job doing it. When you get on my level, then you can have some input. Until then, please excuse me, I need to go Dustoff my rings.