Bluesdad

Region 4 middle school wrestling tournament rescheduled

For us who travel long distances will result us getting home extremely late which means very tired kids on Monday for school. We are on the road for 3 hours there and 3 hours back plus being their all day long. 

We've rented hotel rooms and had to change them already due to snow which is understandable but changing the day again and really not even giving notice may result in us not getting a refund. Who will be responsible for paying this? It's a hundred plus dollars and I'm sure I won't be the only angry parent if this happens. 

No whining about traveling 3 hrs, there and back. Also about getting back late on sunday. 

Every year it's the same thing all kids from Eastern Ky, to be able to compete at state, musthe travel 3 plus hours stay wrestle all day. Then travel back with school and work on Monday. So don't try and pull that sympathy card.

This year they travel 4 1/2 hours one way. Let's consider that.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2016‎ ‎4‎:‎44‎:‎34‎, Chris Duke said:

It's not that big of a deal. They need to offer satellite weigh ins this year. If they do that you can weigh in pay your money and not show up.  Youth regionals does 2 things. Makes money for a team and gives everyone a count for state. It's not a qualifier!!!

Good luck

This would work. 

This is wrong on so many levels I also have two wrestlers one is in 8th grade and one who is in 5th grade but wrestles both middle and youth

so my 5th grader cant be two two places at once and I cant either

for ky as a state and wrestling this is not good it could make kids chose and sffect numbers at one level someway youth or middle will have low numbers for state

dustoff I belive might just want less wrestlers to comptete against maybe raising his wrestlers chance it sounds like because we need to think about the future and moving ky in the right way for wrestling  

• Upvote 1

Please consider that Johnson County is hosting regions only because no one in district 7 would or could !   It is not a money maker nor is it most convenient in anyone's schedule which we could not control due to weather.  So if you are displeased , please complain to your administration or coaches to step up and host it next yr.   Its a problem for everyone but youth region is just getting  entered into the state tournament .  Someone posted earlier its not a qualifier so send your roster and money your child will be entered for state.

As the host team, it is your responsibility to make sure you have the help you need. Not only from parents and wrestlers, but from the referees as well. If one ref or all 3 refs cancel, you find replacements. It's not like this happened the morning of regions, this happened a week before. There is plenty of time to find new officials. If Johnson County isn't capable of running this tournament, it really needs to be hosted by someone else. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

As the host team, it is your responsibility to make sure you have the help you need. Not only from parents and wrestlers, but from the referees as well. If one ref or all 3 refs cancel, you find replacements. It's not like this happened the morning of regions, this happened a week before. There is plenty of time to find new officials. If Johnson County isn't capable of running this tournament, it really needs to be hosted by someone else. 

How do you know thats not being done?

20 hours ago, jnv858 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0096964f8f96b60d6513a9f

so what do you guys plan on doing with your Youth Regional tournament?? Did you guys actually conduct this yesterday?

It really needs to be Saturday.That is all.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, mom of 2 said:

This is wrong on so many levels I also have two wrestlers one is in 8th grade and one who is in 5th grade but wrestles both middle and youth

so my 5th grader cant be two two places at once and I cant either

for ky as a state and wrestling this is not good it could make kids chose and sffect numbers at one level someway youth or middle will have low numbers for state

dustoff I belive might just want less wrestlers to comptete against maybe raising his wrestlers chance it sounds like because we need to think about the future and moving ky in the right way for wrestling  

Wow you are so right!  My kid is 25-3 on the season and is the favorite to win state.  I sure hope no one shows up to wrestle him!  It is crazy people complain about selfish stuff.  I was simply stating that a previous posting said that state duels have been on the calendar for a very long time and changing our Region tourney to the same day hurts several kids.  The middle school tourney should go by quick.  Seeding is already done and you only have an 8 man bracket.  If it starts at 10 then we should be done no later than 2.  Then you can drive your 4 hours home and have little Johnny in bed at 6.

This should really help the youth wrestlers who show up early and watch the middle school tourney.  Just seeing what its like at the next level and the work they need to do to prepare.  Should be a very positive experience.

2 hours ago, Submit only to Jesus said:

Please consider that Johnson County is hosting regions only because no one in district 7 would or could !   It is not a money maker nor is it most convenient in anyone's schedule which we could not control due to weather.  So if you are displeased , please complain to your administration or coaches to step up and host it next yr.   Its a problem for everyone but youth region is just getting  entered into the state tournament .  Someone posted earlier its not a qualifier so send your roster and money your child will be entered for state.

Why would you have to pay if your not got to wrestle?  All you need to do is weigh in.

18 hours ago, Dustoff said:

Wow you are so right!  My kid is 25-3 on the season and is the favorite to win state.  I sure hope no one shows up to wrestle him!  It is crazy people complain about selfish stuff.  I was simply stating that a previous posting said that state duels have been on the calendar for a very long time and changing our Region tourney to the same day hurts several kids.  The middle school tourney should go by quick.  Seeding is already done and you only have an 8 man bracket.  If it starts at 10 then we should be done no later than 2.  Then you can drive your 4 hours home and have little Johnny in bed at 6.

This should really help the youth wrestlers who show up early and watch the middle school tourney.  Just seeing what its like at the next level and the work they need to do to prepare.  Should be a very positive experience.

sorry may have misunderstood you im using my phone to read this and its not being to forum friendly right now

but either way I just hope all the kids get to wrestle with other good wrestlers but with it all being crazy im not sure what will happen

MY BOYS ARE NOT WRESTLING EITHER SO GOOD LUCK TO ALL WRESTLERS AND MCNABB GO KICK SOME BUTT AND MOCO YOUTH DO THE SAME

WE WILL CHECK IN WITH YOU GUYS TO SEE HOW IT GOING