Bluesdad

Region 4 middle school wrestling tournament rescheduled

Coaches The region 4 wrestling tournament has been moved once again to Sunday, Jan 31st, weigh ins starting at 10:00. The reason for the change is I have just herd from the officials and all three have prior engagement with either state duels or other tournaments going on across the area. I apologize but just like the snow this too is out of our control. 

Jesse Ray Peck

Johnson Central High School

Special Education Teacher

ASST. Football Coach

JCMS Wrestling Coach

• Downvote 4

Since the Middle School state duals have been cancelled, shouldn't there be other officials available on Saturday? Did the assigner say no others were available or are you just going by the officials that were originally scheduled?

• Upvote 5

That's going to affect a lot of the kids that are supposed to be wrestling in the youth regionals in Anderson county on Sunday.  This is a horrible idea and should be worked on to get back on for Saturday 

• Upvote 5

And now you affect youth regionals that have all been rescheduled to that Sunday and numerous Middle Schoolers that need to attend and weigh-in in order to attend Youth State. I find it hard to believe there are absolutely no referees available to officiate on Saturday. Your decision here has negative secondary and tertiary order effects. 

• Upvote 5

This is really going to be unfair to a lot of kids. My daughter is a single mother and with this change, she will have one child in Paintsville, and the other in Lawrenceburg. Could someone please explain to me how this is going to work? I'm sure she isn't the only parent that will have a problem with this.

• Upvote 3

This is really unfair to the kids & parents . My daughter wrestles for middle school & both my kids wrestle for youth . There's no possible way , with me being a single parent that I can have 1 child in Johnson County & the other child in Anderson County . There has got to be another solution . 

• Upvote 5

Keep it on Sunday. This allows some of the top wrestlers in our region to compete and represent Region 4 at state.  Otherwise they will go to high school duals

11 minutes ago, uk_rebel33 said:

Great news!!!  No more changes allowed!

So what does this mean ? Still going 2 have it on Sunday regardless of all the youth wrestlers it's going 2 affect ?

Once again, I will remind parents just like I did with the snow, that change can be made, you just have to network. Having this tournament on Sunday is unacceptable. Honestly the NKY region should have been postponed until this weekend as well, but you can't undo the past. Back to the subject. Hosting this tournament on Sunday is not in the best interest of KENTUCKY WRESTLING as a whole. It is in the best interest of teams like the one that Dustoff represents. Dustoff's argument solidifies the exact reason why I believe that a kid no matter what age or grade needs to designate whether he/she is youth, middle, or high school, and not be eligible to wrestle all over the place. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JC1 said:

Dust off, I don't believe there are any teams from our region going to high school duals. Most schools that qualified are choosing not to go because it is held in Union Co. 

High school state duals are not being held  in Union County. Big school is at Ryle and small school at Lindsey Wilson.

4 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Once again, I will remind parents just like I did with the snow, that change can be made, you just have to network. Having this tournament on Sunday is unacceptable. Honestly the NKY region should have been postponed until this weekend as well, but you can't undo the past. Back to the subject. Hosting this tournament on Sunday is not in the best interest of KENTUCKY WRESTLING as a whole. It is in the best interest of teams like the one that Dustoff represents. Dustoff's argument solidifies the exact reason why I believe that a kid no matter what age or grade needs to designate whether he/she is youth, middle, or high school, and not be eligible to wrestle all over the place. 

Regardless if my daughter only wanted 2 do middle school , I'm a single mother & there's no possible way 4 me 2 be n Johnson County with her & Anderson County with my son both on the same day 

• Upvote 1

We probably won't have school all this week. Will take until Sunday to clear. Plus refs are not going to drive from Lexington area to Paintsville to work. Let's not forget that is the real reason. If the original host school didn't back out then we wouldn't have this problem.

22 minutes ago, Dustoff said:

We probably won't have school all this week. Will take until Sunday to clear. Plus refs are not going to drive from Lexington area to Paintsville to work. Let's not forget that is the real reason. If the original host school didn't back out then we wouldn't have this problem.

I'm sure that Anderson, Woodford, Elkhorn, or someone would be more than willing to step up and take the reigns here.

• Upvote 2

Same Day? The good middle school wrestlers are fine..The kids who won't make state and would benefit from youth state, now they won't have that option...Anyway to move the Youth Regionals to Saturday? Or something? Also parents will have to pick which kid to watch wrestle? Their middle school kid or youth? Either way there's gotta be a way to make this work out hopefully... Not sure who to ask? Or who could approve youth regional to Saturday?

It's not that big of a deal. They need to offer satellite weigh ins this year. If they do that you can weigh in pay your money and not show up.  Youth regionals does 2 things. Makes money for a team and gives everyone a count for state. It's not a qualifier!!!

Good luck