eagle7071

REGION 4 RESCHEDULED

Coaches after thought and consideration of travel to and from Johnson county this weekend with the snow and ice moving into our area we feel it best to postpone the tournament for one week. The Johnson county superintendent has just closed the doors to any and all buildings for Johnson county for the use of competition until this passes. The tournament will now be held on Saturday January 30th. Coaches feel free to contact me at any time. This decision  I feel is for the best for the wrestlers of region 4. Thank you

• Upvote 2

Good call, looking like E. Ky. is going to get hammered.  Latest forecast for Johnson County is 8-12 inches.  The winter storm prediction starts 7:00 am Friday and doesn't end until 7:00 pm Saturday.

Since Region 4 has been pushed back, I think the reasonable thing to do is have the Region 4 tourney on Sunday instead of Saturday.  Several kids will be competing at the Middle School State duel tourney, while others will be at the High School State duel tourney.  I know a lot of folks don't care about this because they might not have a team competing in either, but I'm sure you would if it were your team or kids.

Eagle7071 and Bluesdad.... lets make this happen on Sunday instead of Saturday!

Like I stated on another thread, I believe the coaches association should step in and reschedule ALL regional championships for next weekend. Much of KY will be immobilized. I love state duals as much as anyone, but we need to be fair here. 

53 minutes ago, uk_rebel33 said:

Since Region 4 has been pushed back, I think the reasonable thing to do is have the Region 4 tourney on Sunday instead of Saturday.  Several kids will be competing at the Middle School State duel tourney, while others will be at the High School State duel tourney.  I know a lot of folks don't care about this because they might not have a team competing in either, but I'm sure you would if it were your team or kids.

Eagle7071 and Bluesdad.... lets make this happen on Sunday instead of Saturday!

Discussing that very thing right now. 

If we move it to Sunday that will mean that the middle school regionals and youth regionals will he both be held at the same time in the same arena on the same day. 

• Upvote 2

Youth regionals will be happening Sunday at another location too which means some of our middle school kids, including mine would be attending. 

Not only that, we live almost 3 hours away and the kids have school on Monday. Alot of us will have issues with that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

If we move it to Sunday that will mean that the middle school regionals and youth regionals will he both be held at the same time in the same arena on the same day. 

That's tough for teams with 1 coach for youth and region, to do them both on sunday. Out youth is in Anderson co that sunday. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sweepsingle said:

Just now, coachteater said:

That's tough for teams with 1 coach for youth and region, to do them both on sunday. Out youth is in Anderson co that sunday. 

That's the tournament I was talking about. 

Well it didn't seem to be a problem rescheduling on the 30th when there was already other events scheduled for that day.  The State Duel has been set on the calendar for months.  Region only has 8 kids per bracket.  Should go pretty quick.  Could reschedule youth for Saturday?  I'm sure other Regions will still be on for this Saturday, thus putting the kids/teams in our Region at a disadvantage.  I just don't get the "I don't want to drive on Sunday or there is school on Monday excuse"  Don't you guys wrestle or play some other sport during the week that causes you to get home a little later than you would like.

I get excited about wrestling and have a huge passion for competition.  Some of you guys are like the old people who sit in the lower part of Rupp Arena and complain about people standing and cheering.  Our sport needs more passion and more folks with energy!

22 minutes ago, uk_rebel33 said:

Well it didn't seem to be a problem rescheduling on the 30th when there was already other events scheduled for that day.  The State Duel has been set on the calendar for months.  Region only has 8 kids per bracket.  Should go pretty quick.  Could reschedule youth for Saturday?  I'm sure other Regions will still be on for this Saturday, thus putting the kids/teams in our Region at a disadvantage.  I just don't get the "I don't want to drive on Sunday or there is school on Monday excuse"  Don't you guys wrestle or play some other sport during the week that causes you to get home a little later than you would like.

I get excited about wrestling and have a huge passion for competition.  Some of you guys are like the old people who sit in the lower part of Rupp Arena and complain about people standing and cheering.  Our sport needs more passion and more folks with energy!

Actually my son wrestles and wrestles only. This is his passion. He practices 5 days a week for 5 hours a day plus keeps his grades up at school. He has tournaments on Saturdays and Sundays. He never gets a break so yes we are always traveling. But traveling on a Sunday for 3 hours there and back after being there all day will wear anyone out. School is number 1 and should be for any kid. 

• Upvote 1

Chris Duke made a good suggestion have 32 man brackets at State everyone competes that got this far.  Or if one region reschedules they all do, safety first for our athletes.

Love wrestling season! But watching these NFL playoffs got me ready for football season to get here! Lol... Baseball season 2! But I'd rather watch football and wrestling!

It's not only "little" brothers and sisters wrestling in Youth Regionals...6th-8th graders are eligible also and many of them wrestle these "youth" tournaments and if they want to compete at youth state then they have to weigh in and participate at their youth regional. So by discounting the youth regional tournament and moving MS regional to Sunday you also effect those kids....

• Upvote 1