Sign in to follow this  
Eminent

Region 4 weather

I think we know the snow is coming by now. Someone from Johnson Central needs to make a decision either today or Friday morning. Are we wrestling no matter what, what teams can make it get to wrestle like two years ago or if it is bad are they going to cancel. I know a lot of teams are coming Friday night. Just trying to find out the mind set for region. 

I agree. I would love to know something in advance. It's very hard to make the decision to send your child with someone when I can't leave until Sat. 

As of right now it's still on for Saturday. Weigh-ins are pushed back an hour now. Starts at 10 now instead of 9. Also weight classes are base plus 3. So 70 will be 73 and so on. This is the info I have for right now. 

• Upvote 1

Awesome. Thanks for the info and keeping us posted. I'm coming from Woodford so it's a 2 hr 45 min drive when it's dry. The 3 lbs is great. Of course I'm not telling my son that lol

Just hope they do a good job of plowing 9009 if they still have it.

If worse case they cancel can we have it next week and push team duals to week after state? Is there a contingency plan in place?

Why is it we cannot just keep the basics, we have weight classes, keep the wrestlers within them, discipline is part of wrestling, weight discipline is one of them, why continue to bump up weights to meet needs of those who do not manage, its part of a wrestlers responsibility to work hard and have discipline to make weight, not continue to make exceptions and reasons to give additional weight allowances. Wrestling is the hardest and most disciplined sport today, however, exceptions keep being made, stick to the rules, get them out and make them remain disciplined.

This penalizes those many who manage, and have the discipline to stay within the weight allowances, and when we allow others who cannot do this, then we provide an additional leverage against those that maintain.

22 minutes ago, wrestlingfan03 said:

Why is it we cannot just keep the basics, we have weight classes, keep the wrestlers within them, discipline is part of wrestling, weight discipline is one of them, why continue to bump up weights to meet needs of those who do not manage, its part of a wrestlers responsibility to work hard and have discipline to make weight, not continue to make exceptions and reasons to give additional weight allowances. Wrestling is the hardest and most disciplined sport today, however, exceptions keep being made, stick to the rules, get them out and make them remain disciplined.

This penalizes those many who manage, and have the discipline to stay within the weight allowances, and when we allow others who cannot do this, then we provide an additional leverage against those that maintain.

Totally agree 

Back in the day we didn't have any growth allowance. It's not like Jan 1st comes and kids gain 2 pounds over night. I think it allows more kids bump down a weight.

Coaches after thought and consideration of travel to and from Johnson county this weekend with the snow and ice moving into our area we feel it best to postpone the tournament for one week. The Johnson county superintendent has just closed the doors to any and all buildings for Johnson county for the use of competition until this passes. The tournament will now be held on Saturday January 30th. Coaches feel free to contact me at any time. This decision  I feel is for the best for the wrestlers of region 4. Thank you