Bluesdad

Regional matchups your looking forward to!

What are some interesting regional matchups in each region some are looking forward to? In Region 4 it seems 80, 92, and 105 will be barn burners. There could be others that I'm missing. 

• Downvote 1

Region 1 will have a stacked 130 with four top ten ranked kids from 130 & two top ranked kids that dropped from 140 & one of them has beat three top ten ranked kids from 152. 152 will also have three kids making for some tough matchups.

I just hope we get to wrestling, and the weather doesn't cancel it... One year McNabb missed over weather, even tho wrestling wasn't cancelled...Hope our school is allowed to go if it isn't cancelled...

1 hour ago, UniPeck said:

Region 1 already has a 2lb weight allowance. I don't mind this, but is there a 2lb weight allowance at state?

Do you have proof?

I think the confusion is coming from the Region 1 tournament flyer. The flyer lists the original weights before the 2 pound GROWTH allowance (70, 75, 80 etc?), then the flyer says the wrestlers will receive a 2 lb. allowance. This is referring to the 2 lb. growth allowance that was given as of January 1, not an addition 2 lbs.

4 hours ago, marriedtothemat said:

I think the confusion is coming from the Region 1 tournament flyer. The flyer lists the original weights before the 2 pound GROWTH allowance (70, 75, 80 etc?), then the flyer says the wrestlers will receive a 2 lb. allowance. This is referring to the 2 lb. growth allowance that was given as of January 1, not an addition 2 lbs.

If anyone know for sure, if extra weight outside the already given 2 lbs please post.... I was told it is a wait and see thing, depending how bad weather is next couple days..

Shoveling snow is a great alternative workout. Plenty of calories getting burnt, you sweat off some weight, and you make some extra $$. My kids have been at it all day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess I'm confused because at last week's district 2 tournament there wasn't a 2lb weight allowance given. I know this because I had a wrestler miss 130 by .3lbs. I was also confused when I saw weight allowance on other districts brackets. I matters not to my team they will be on weight. Will we make it all the way t o Trigg Co.? A three trip just got longer if we are even able to go due to school being open on Friday. We got about six inches here today. I hope good decisions are made for everyone involved.

Everyone gets 2lbs the 1st of the year middle school and high school. It the growth allowance. It's been that way for a long time. There should not be any other wieght allowance if you ask me but i don't count

32 minutes ago, UniPeck said:

I guess I'm confused because at last week's district 2 tournament there wasn't a 2lb weight allowance given. I know this because I had a wrestler miss 130 by .3lbs. I was also confused when I saw weight allowance on other districts brackets. I matters not to my team they will be on weight. Will we make it all the way t o Trigg Co.? A three trip just got longer if we are even able to go due to school being open on Friday. We got about six inches here today. I hope good decisions are made for everyone involved.

If you wrestle 130 lbs it is 132 lbs on January 1st 

On January 19, 2016 at 9:43:26 PM, tntsen said:

Region 1 will have a stacked 130 with four top ten ranked kids from 130 & two top ranked kids that dropped from 140 & one of them has beat three top ten ranked kids from 152. 152 will also have three kids making for some tough matchups.

What are the name of the kids to watch?

At 130 Whitaker, Vlach, Gibbs, Coleman, Skulijan and Nelsen both moved down from 140 to 130 , they both placed first in their district. At 152 Stevens, Tomerlin & Horschler are ranked 2,3,4.

• Upvote 1