Sign in to follow this  
Jacketcoach

Weather?!?

26 minutes ago, Jacketcoach said:

Is that wishful thinking? LOL

of course. We are going to Capital City Classic and every year we go it dumps 5-8 inches of snow on Friday. So instead of saying oh it is going to snow.. I keep telling myself it's not going to snow. 

• Upvote 1

I feel bad for the teams hosting tournaments when it threatens snow.  So many times it is out of the coaches control as to have the tournament or not.  It leaves everyone who has been planning and making arrangements for food and drinks along with workers in limbo.  It can be a pretty helpless feeling when mother nature throws a curve ball.  Everyone repeat....It's not going to snow, It's not going to snow.......

• Upvote 1

It's not looking good for this weekend folks. At least it's not the weekend of State.  Everyone, Please be safe, and leave plenty early for any

problems you may encounter on the road. Hope this blows over.

The good news is this IS NOT State Duels weekend for once!! The bad news is that teams won't have the extra matches under their belts. 

Head North young man.  The predictions are the farther north you go the less snow.  Cincy and further up will only get 2 or less inches of snow. 

Baumspage has these tourneys listed for saturday. 

HIT Classic - Hamilton Township (1/23/16)
John Deno Invitational - Athens (1/23/16)
Robin Drumm Classic - Heath (1/23/16)

here is the link

http://www.baumspage.com/wr/index.php

Unfortunately even if we find a tournament,  we can't go. Fayette co has shut us down for the weekend. :(

Heard wsaz cancelled as well, that's a heck of a tournament to not get to be put on. 

On 1/21/2016, 4:02:57, coachteater said:

This weekend 2 yrs ago everything got cancelled I believe.  I know Capital city did. Sucks for everyone 

We did not get much in Northeast OH. In-laws in Owensboro said they got about 6 inches. I heard Nashville, Tenn got 15 inches. I recall reading somewhere that the El Nino (La Nina? always get them mixed up) weather pattern will affect the southern states moreso than the northern. Hoping this doesn't screw up State Duals and the state series.