Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2015/16 - JANUARY 8

30 minutes ago, Coach Wagers said:

The best way to support this now, come up with a better solution.  How can we make it better?  Help make sure no other young man or family has to go through this.  And no, not just saying ref's can't over ride a dr. note..... that's not going to happen and there are waaaaaay to many variables to even think about allowing that.  The ref is the last line of prevention for skin funk, this will not change.  So how can we make it better?

And since we have totally annihilated Ranger's rankings page.   Maybe start a new thread with your ideas so the thousands of other families, coaches, and fans can input their ideas and thoughts as well, and we can leave this one be. 

The only thing positive that can come of this situation now is to help make it better.

Once again, the official is not in any way certified medically to be the last line of defense. This is why there are medical professionals on site. Just because you have seen something a thousand times, does not make you an expert in any way. I would be an expert in many areas if that was the case lol. We can make this better by having the official do their job and their job only. I'm not sure why this is so difficult?? It was ringworm (medically treated and cleared), I had the proper Medical Documentation, it was also cleared by the On-site Medical Professional and for some reason the officials have to play part-time Dr. Why is this so difficult to understand???? Okay, let's simplify this.

1. Wrestling Match=Official

2. Match call and Violations=Official

3. Medical Questions or Ringworm=Medical Professional(Trainer,Dr,)

18 hours ago, RamMan said:

I'm just curious of why WrestlerReff68 took his postings off of this site??? Was it false information? Hmmmmmm...................

I took them down because YOU just don't get it!!!!  I tried to be the voice of reason as an outsider who's only read and was told about what happened.  I tried to post the rules as a NEUTRAL party, who knows what I'm talking about because when its said and done I have NO DOG in this fight, heck I live over 200 miles from where his happened.  

I spent over an hour reading all the post that you've made and everyone that replied to you and I can safely that 1. I'm older than you, 2. that I've been in this sport longer than you.  I like most in here I wrestled in school, but in Ohio then wrestled in college and lastly wrestled in the Army  3.  I've been a Wrestling Official for 29 YEARS in 5 different states and I KNOW THE RULES and have seen how the rules have changed since I first put a black and white strip shirt on in Ohio in 1987 (my first year officiating, what were you doing in 1987?)...  4. I've coached 3 different youth programs in two different states over the last 15 years. I  am and have coached my sons who are 22, 17 and 7, so I have the father/coach area checked as well...  I think that it is safe to say that  I have a damn good resume' when it comes to the sport of wrestling and EVERYONE in here has and is telling you the same thing but you just don't want to hear it.  I posted the RULES the truth and it is a fact we are the LAST LINE of defense when it comes to SKIN issues and safety of the kids.  You WILL not change anything that we do when it comes to safety AND we do have the authority to over-rule that KHSAA form.  Not 1 official did it, ALL 4 of them ruled against it. 

You asked questions, called people/officials names, accused officials of cheating. Insinuating that "they" did it out of spit because he was ranked #1 and that somehow the officials knew this and they knew that his first match was with a Ryle kid.....  Gee 29 years of doing this and I don't ever remember officials seeing the brackets before during or after a tourn.  You've pointed fingers at everyone and everything possible. You are not and have not accomplished a single thing with all of this......

AGAIN  so you understand a TRAINER is not an on site medical professional.  We are not playing part time Dr., we don't Dx anything, we just have the authority to protect all the kids...  Checking the SKIN and ruling on it is our JOB.  I bet before this day you never once cared about what we did when it came to skin did you?  Now it's an issue?  I got that 100% why it bothers you and we all must fight for our kids, but it's over and done with and it can't be changed.  You post all these what IFS' and stuff you find on Google to support YOUR agenda.

You're taking this as a personal attack against you, your son and your family and it was nothing of the sort.      

Again, have a wonderful day RamMan and best of luck to your fine student athlete I wish him the best in everything he does both on and off the mat, God speed to you and your family.       

• Upvote 7

Amen ref whoever u r. Let us please shut this issue the f up.  We get ramMan U r upset... live on a lot more happens for your son than wrestling.  a rule is a rule and u did not make the rule and u still have to follow it.  It is like life like a job...u don't like quit and really the rest of us won't care in a few days.  Certainly your son does not like reading all this.  Take it up privately not on the ranking forum.    This is tough stuff that I have written and quite frankly I probably shouldn't written it....and quite frankly you probably don't care but you know what I'm tired of reading about it MoveOn get better or quit those are your options 

51 minutes ago, LLbear said:

Amen ref whoever u r. Let us please shut this issue the f up.  We get ramMan U r upset... live on a lot more happens for your son than wrestling.  a rule is a rule and u did not make the rule and u still have to follow it.  It is like life like a job...u don't like quit and really the rest of us won't care in a few days.  Certainly your son does not like reading all this.  Take it up privately not on the ranking forum.    This is tough stuff that I have written and quite frankly I probably shouldn't written it....and quite frankly you probably don't care but you know what I'm tired of reading about it MoveOn get better or quit those are your options 

The problem is you just antagonized a person and instigated from a 14 hour old post. This would have probably died, but you chose to throw your 2 cents in. Next time try seeing how old a post is before responding. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:18 PM, LLbear said:

My son has been through much more than this LLBear, you may want to think before you speak. He has probably been through just about more than any wrestler out there, so you can keep your 2 cents to yourself. It was wrong no matter how you look at it. He was cleared my his doctor and by the on-site medical professional(Trainer). And your exactly right, I don't care what you have to say or anyone else. I have gotten more private messages that support than against, they just don't want to put it out there so the Almighty Powerful Refs don't blackball their kids.

• Downvote 3

I can understand your position, having been there before ourselves.  Just hated seeing it drug through the formum. I wish your  your son the best in whatever endeavors he chooses. hopefully this issue and procedures governing it get corrected and made better in the future for all us.

On January 31, 2016 at 9:42 AM, RamMan said:
On January 8, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Ranger123 said:

MS results have been tough to come by, but I've had some help to make a number of changes the last couple weeks.  Still trying to sort out the River City lineup for rankings purposes as I know their club has a number of kids from Indiana competing with them.  Please keep me straight if I rank an Indiana kid or have removed a KY kid (I may have assumed they were IN).  The goal here is to project a state tournament finish, so I don't want to include IN kids.

Yost removed from rankings as I am hearing he will focus his time and efforts at the HS level.  There could be a couple other kids who fall into this category.

Club team race looks to be exciting.  WV, Ryle, River City, and Union all looking tough.

I hope these big kids compete with Team KY this year.  We have some tough kids up there.

WR Rankings 2015_16 Middle School JAN82016.pdf

My son has been through much more than this LLBear, you may want to think before you speak. He has probably been through just about more than any wrestler out there, so you can keep your 2 cents to yourself. It was wrong no matter how you look at it. He was cleared my his doctor and by the on-site medical professional(Trainer). And your exactly right, I don't care what you have to say or anyone else. I have gotten more private messages that support than against, they just don't want to put it out there so the Almighty Powerful Refs don't blackball their kids.

Are new rankings gonna be posted this week

• Upvote 1