Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2015/16 - JANUARY 8

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Results from those districts are posted here on the site in this forum.  Shouldn't be hard to find.

If you could post a link to those result you would be my fav ever. I've looked only been able find the other 4

38 minutes ago, Nolans Dad said:

Are seeds pre determined at Regionals? No talking about it and seeding them right? It's based off district results?

It is based off of districts. There isn't anything to talk about. 1vs4,2vs3 from the other district. Some districts are tougher than others is just the way it is. 

Edited by Chris Duke

2 hours ago, Nolans Dad said:

Are seeds pre determined at Regionals? No talking about it and seeding them right? It's based off district results?

The only way a seed changes is if a kid can't compete on the day of the tournament.  Say the 4 seed from district 8 can't compete. The 5 seed from the hosting district (I believe in right in this but I could be wrong) will fill in the 4th seed. Or say the 2 seed can't wrestle day of. The 3 will slide to the 2 the 4 to the 3 and the 5 to the 4. This is the only way seeds change. 

• Upvote 1

Blues Dad is our Regions cancelled this weekend? Our coach said they are scheduled next weekend? And what's our district and regions number.... Appreciate ya answering my questions... Your a cool dude..

7 hours ago, Bluesdad said:

The only way a seed changes is if a kid can't compete on the day of the tournament.  Say the 4 seed from district 8 can't compete. The 5 seed from the hosting district (I believe in right in this but I could be wrong) will fill in the 4th seed. Or say the 2 seed can't wrestle day of. The 3 will slide to the 2 the 4 to the 3 and the 5 to the 4. This is the only way seeds change. 

I was under the impression that the alternates from the same district fill in the 4th spot in the event of a missing participants from their district. If they don't don't show (the alternates from same district) then the alternates from the other district fills the spot as the other alternate would have in the fourth spot.

55 minutes ago, UniPeck said:

I was under the impression that the alternates from the same district fill in the 4th spot in the event of a missing participants from their district. If they don't don't show (the alternates from same district) then the alternates from the other district fills the spot as the other alternate would have in the fourth spot.

Yes I believe you're correct. 

How in the world can an 8th grade kid that is Ranked #1 in the State at 152 lbs not allowed to wrestle at Regionals because of Ringworm that has been treated and we as parents had 2 KHSAA forms filled out by a DR not a Ref????? The answer we got today is that a ref can overrule a DR??? Isn't this a medical condition??? Why in the world would they have KHSAA forms that a DR needs to fill out to release the wrestler to wrestle. Today, my son, my wife and I got a REAL bad taste in our mouth if that is how wrestling is ran. It is a shame, I don't have words for what happened at Woodland Middle School today...............

I agree.  Some officials have gotten out of hand and have over stepped their responsibilities this season.  I would think this type of decision should be left up to a vote by coaches  

It shouldn't even be left to the coaches, this is a Medical decision. This isn't to be left to a bunch of fat overweight refs that are on a powertrip

1 hour ago, RamMan said:

It shouldn't even be left to the coaches, this is a Medical decision. This isn't to be left to a bunch of fat overweight refs that are on a powertrip

If the refs saw ringworm they make the decision and can call upon the trainer onsite to tell them if there is really a skin condition or not. There can not be a doctor come from outside the tourney to make the call. If ringworm is alive it is alive. It can effect the competing wrestlers and they would not be able to wrestle at their state tourney bc a ref made a stupid decision to let someone in the tourney who was infected. I know it ended the kids career but it had to happen. There is NO reason to harm another wrestler.

It was not harming another wrestler, the trainer ok'd him to wrestle, then the refs said the trainer wasn't qualified to make the decision. My son was obviously singled out because of his Ranking. He had an approved Dr's note that released him. There was also 3 nurses in the stands and a Nurse Practitioner that looked at it and all of them said it was OK. So, there were 5 Medical Professionals that all said it was OK, until a Ryle Ref put a stop to it. It's funny that my son would have been wrestling a Ryle kid in the Finals. That was a total joke today and I will take this to a higher authority, you can't do kids like that and get away with it, not mine.

What happen today to Ronnie was unfortunate, but to think that Ryle had anything to do with what happened to your son is just wrong. You have the right to be mad, but every coach should know that those forms are not always 100% garunteed. Your son is not the first kid with ringworm and a note to not be allowed to wrestle and he won't be the last. This situation comes up every year at some tournament. It is not fair to all the other wrestlers to have to wrestle on the same mat as someone with a skin condition. Minnesota shut down wrestling completely 2 or 3 years ago do to skin condition. Not saying this incident would go this far, but the well being of the group is first. 

• Upvote 1

His ringworm was nowhere close to being a threat to any wrestler. Also, there is no other way to think but that. I'm not saying Ryle in a whole is dirty, just that fat piece of crap that call himself a ref and a coach.

• Downvote 3

13 hours ago, Armbar215 said:

What happen today to Ronnie was unfortunate, but to think that Ryle had anything to do with what happened to your son is just wrong. You have the right to be mad, but every coach should know that those forms are not always 100% garunteed. Your son is not the first kid with ringworm and a note to not be allowed to wrestle and he won't be the last. This situation comes up every year at some tournament. It is not fair to all the other wrestlers to have to wrestle on the same mat as someone with a skin condition. Minnesota shut down wrestling completely 2 or 3 years ago do to skin condition. Not saying this incident would go this far, but the well being of the group is first. 

What region was this in

On January 24, 2016 at 2:19:55 PM, RamMan said:

How in the world can an 8th grade kid that is Ranked #1 in the State at 152 lbs not allowed to wrestle at Regionals because of Ringworm that has been treated and we as parents had 2 KHSAA forms filled out by a DR not a Ref????? The answer we got today is that a ref can overrule a DR??? Isn't this a medical condition??? Why in the world would they have KHSAA forms that a DR needs to fill out to release the wrestler to wrestle. Today, my son, my wife and I got a REAL bad taste in our mouth if that is how wrestling is ran. It is a shame, I don't have words for what happened at Woodland Middle School today...............

This sounds really messed up should be allowed to cover it up and get it on.

7 minutes ago, ALLamerican said:

This sounds really messed up should be allowed to cover it up and get it on.

Rules do not permit "covering up" a contagious skin condition.  It's just as contagious covered as it is uncovered---bandages fall off, get moved, wet from sweat, etc.  Once someone in our room contracts ringworm, we don't allow them to practice until the coaches feel the infection is inactive. 

My son practiced all week at CC, no problems, because he's not contagious!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why the Dr. cleared him on the note!!!!!!!!!! Complete political Bull_ _ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RamMan said:

My son practiced all week at CC, no problems, because he's not contagious!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why the Dr. cleared him on the note!!!!!!!!!! Complete political Bull_ _ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wasn't referring to your sons situation.  The poster stated that they should just let someone with ringworm wrestle.  I was just stating as to why that is not possible, and how ringworm is handled in my room.

Again, sorry this happened.  And I've been in your shoes, so I know how it feels.  But attacking me, calling everyone names etc, accusing everyone of "politics" is not going to fix or change what happened.  There were no politics.  This situation would have played out the same way if this had been some other kid, and I'm not sure what I've ever done in the past to make you feel that way.

I'm stepping away from the conversation. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to attack anyone, my son was done very unjustly. There was no trained trainer on site that knew anything about wrestling situations and I had all the paperwork to cover my son to wrestle. Good luck to all at State

Dayum that sux bro... Number #1 and.couldn't wrestle... We try our best to shower and been on top of it...But it's so easy to catch that it can ruin a kids season... Feel for the guy..we had a ranked kid miss last year over the same thing.. Sorry for your boy, much success in the future!

My son made it through districts and regions with a note from dr saying his ringworm was no longer contagious he had been treated but had a scar with a little bit of scab still

we got to state and he was not allowed to wrestle

he was also ranked and would have placed im sure at state

the refs seens it called in the personal trainer and for some reason several other coaches form rivals and as a group they said no

school nurse was iffy aout it but we had two dr notes also that should have outweighed a nurse

more or less it was other coaches talking the refs into saying no

just a little scared that's all

• Upvote 1