Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - JANUARY 8

On Friday, January 08, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Ranger123 said:

We had a nice little powow in the newly finished man cave and made a bunch of adjustments.  I'm sure there are more to come as some teams appear to be struggling to maintain their results on track.  A few notes and items of discussion we've talked about:

1) Union County is starting to look pretty strong and appears to be a true favorite at this point.  They seem to have the horses to run with Trinity, but also a few more role players that will score for them.

2) 106 is filling out into a strong weight.  Early on it didn't look like nearly the same depth that we saw last season, but it is starting to look pretty strong again this year with 10-12 very good kids.  Wheeler keeps winning.  Yost looked great at WCI.  Roth made the finals at GMV.  From the team race perspective, not sure who Union will put here.  If they find a kid that turns it on here, they could pull away from the field.

3) After 2 great matches with Duncan, it looks like Sheffer will finish the season at 128.  Also of note at 128, Castellano may be the most improved wrestler I have seen this year.

4) The top 6-7 kids at 138 will be fun to see battle it out; so many different styles and backgrounds.  Hopefully the state bracket is a fair draw.

5) This weight looks a bit different with Leak back on the mat and Oxford down from 152 (yes, Union Co has a number of kids on the drop).

6) 152/160  Those top 3 at each weight are some tough kids.

7) After Cornett we may be very surprised who ends up on the podium.

8) Giving Meiman another week to get back on the mat.  Same with the King brothers from JC.

9) If I was ever going to pick against my rankings to predict a state champ, Portman might be the guy right now.

10) Still awaiting the return of Landon Young.

11) Alert, for the first time since I can remember, Region 6 drops to 2nd in the state scoring.  Region 4 (Trinity, St X, Male, Central) is putting up some points and the depth isn't quite the same as in years past in Region 6.

WR Rankings 2015_16 JAN8.pdf

New rankings anytime soon or are these final