Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - JANUARY 8

7 hours ago, father_of_four said:

I believe Daniel Knight is Christian County wrestler, not Lexington Catholic. 106 weight class.

Yes had a little formula mishap there

Eventually the re alignment had to have an effect , I wouldn't count reg six out even missing a few horsemen ,It would be interesting to throw a Meiman back in the mix and add 40 plus points .

• Downvote 1

I know your not talking ABOUT the Nature Boy because i have more state titles than digits .

And if you are implying Cornett i hardly think a jr who lost to one of the best jrs in the state and country last year as a soph and nearly won a soph national title for himself getting picked as the obvious favorite and being considered  the guy to beat is a stretch at all , He would be one of the top three favorites in the state to be a Champ this year i would think ,Erdman Frankrone and Cornett pretty much locks of course  there are more i simply have seen a lot of these guys ,Cornett has great coaches and he has to be Hungry more so than anyone to grab that gold .I think he has some polishing up to do still to reach his potential but i think everyone expects him to get it done , he is suspect against some of the best and super athletic kids but i havent seen any kids left in KY who can take him with Meiman out of the picture and him down a weight class from last year the boy is HUNGRY and a that makes him dangerous .

• Downvote 1

Kind of  a stretch calling Erdman a lock when he is not even ranked #1 in his weight class isn't it?  that is one of several weights that is going to be a free for all between the top 4-5 wrestlers anyone of which could have a good/bad tourney. And don't forget about the draw coming into play.

Did you actually just Question The Nature Boy ? Do you think you have anywhere near the history or background in this sport that the Nature Boy has ?Have you ever wrestled partied with or trained with a Horseman ,Well Mister I have   ! I have slammed the Abyss silenced a loose cannon and shut down the town with a Horseman  had lunch with a Steiner been next to the Road Warriors  who requested my presence at ringside when sting busted em open with a steel Chair made Luger look like a weakling in the Gym and gotten praise from the Koloffs .

And i didnt do all these things to be questioned by some grown man with a spawn fetish  an underdeveloped physique  and a wrestling message board forum god complex  who thinks they can get close to the Nature boys Shine by questioning him  .

First thing , The Nature boy doesnt' look at anyones Rankings that would be like Ali asking  Cossell for advise about His next fight .

Second thing in all Seriousness ,You said  a free for all between the top four or five kids ,a comment that totally shows how little you actually know about the state of affairs in the sport of High School wrestling in the State of Kentucky as well as your own true nature that indicates your looking to debate with someone regardless of how much of a stretch you  have to put to the truth yourself .Not one person on this board thinks there is four other wrestlers in his weight class in the state who can even dream of Beating ERDMAN  .

At the same time I do believe Erdman and Vasquez can have the marquee matchup at state  along with another who may be as Hungry for that state title as Cornett depending upon where everyone ends up , as i said i do not look at rankings i put people on top of them and let em run  . I believe the answer to the question of wether Vasquez has beaten the Erdman was in fact NO  and while Erdman may take a fall here and there the thing to look at is where he is stepping and thats outside the relative safety of the state borders  he sharpens his skills in the hot bed of high school wrestling in the company of Horsemen while most of his in state opponents are wrestling comp that cannot name half the moves that he is applying let alone  hope to beat him . .

Whoooooooooooo

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Did you actually just Question The Nature Boy ? Do you think you have anywhere near the history or background in this sport that the Nature Boy has ?Have you ever wrestled partied with or trained with a Horseman ,Well Mister I have   ! I have slammed the Abyss silenced a loose cannon and shut down the town with a Horseman  had lunch with a Steiner been next to the Road Warriors  who requested my presence at ringside when sting busted em open with a steel Chair made Luger look like a weakling in the Gym and gotten praise from the Koloffs .

And i didnt do all these things to be questioned by some grown man with a spawn fetish  an underdeveloped physique  and a wrestling message board forum god complex  who thinks they can get close to the Nature boys Shine by questioning him  .

First thing , The Nature boy doesnt' look at anyones Rankings that would be like Ali asking  Cossell for advise about His next fight .

Second thing in all Seriousness ,You said  a free for all between the top four or five kids ,a comment that totally shows how little you actually know about the state of affairs in the sport of High School wrestling in the State of Kentucky as well as your own true nature that indicates your looking to debate with someone regardless of how much of a stretch you  have to put to the truth yourself .Not one person on this board thinks there is four other wrestlers in his weight class in the state who can even dream of Beating ERDMAN  .

At the same time I do believe Erdman and Vasquez can have the marquee matchup at state  along with another who may be as Hungry for that state title as Cornett depending upon where everyone ends up , as i said i do not look at rankings i put people on top of them and let em run  . I believe the answer to the question of wether Vasquez has beaten the Erdman was in fact NO  and while Erdman may take a fall here and there the thing to look at is where he is stepping and thats outside the relative safety of the state borders  he sharpens his skills in the hot bed of high school wrestling in the company of Horsemen while most of his in state opponents are wrestling comp that cannot name half the moves that he is applying let alone  hope to beat him . .

Whoooooooooooo

To answer your first 2 questions. 1) yes. 2) without a doubt. as 2 of my grandchildren have embarked on the 3rd generation of wrestling in the state of Kentucky. 

Now, while your post was eloquent, and I enjoyed the read immensely. You fail to understand the fact that the favorites do not always win. With your superior knowledge and remarkable understanding of the sport I'm sure you can recall and explain who and how a person who wrestled JV all season won a state championship by beating the kid who was ranked #1 all season in the finals. Without wrestling a Varsity match before regionals?  A hint: the Kid he beat was named Cooper and he was from Simon Kenton.

It would not be even remotely as big of a upset if Vasquez beats Erdman considering he has more State titles to start with.  And it would not even be surprising to me to see neither of them win. Stranger things have happened young Jedi.

And finally, if you are so sure of your predictions, I will gladly wager a C note on the field. You can enrich yourself from your unequaled knowledge and insight......  By the way, I will refer to you henceforth by the last  syllable of your pen name: BOY

• Upvote 1

"It would not be even remotely as big of a upset if Vasquez beats Erdman considering he has more State titles to start with.  And it would not even be surprising to me to see neither of them win. Stranger things have happened young Jedi."

I believe they have the same.  State Runner Up.  State Title.

My mistake, Angel lost to Fausz when he was a sophomore.  And I would guess the reason he is ranked above Erdman is because he is returning 138lb. Champion and Logan is moving up 2 weight classes.  But I cannot dismiss AJ or Trent Johnson either. Heck even

Brian Spahr has an outside chance, albeit remote in this field.

First Thing First ,i dont care if your Great great great great Grandma came across on the Mayflower wearing a singlet  and you have ten dozen yard ape grandkids  wrestling,Your not in the Nature Boys League .

amazing you mean some kid actually beat a cooper ,You mean a kid didnt wrestle untill Regionals and won a State title "something that is againts khsaa rules "

Get real i know two kids who didnt wrestle a match in 2012 and couldnt even practice till the week of regionals and walked all over State in 2012 fastest pin most pins and both even wrestled well above their cert weight one a frosh beating a sr returning Champ ,and oh yeah .... they both have wins over a cooper in their careers not sure what all that fuss was about or what your point was with all that ?

Lets get something straight theres those that talk the talk and those that walk the walk and the rare breed that does Both and that would be "The Nature Boy" and you would be the neither .

Your already making false comments and having to apologize for them because you dont know Squat about the kids in the sport or what it takes to be the CHAMP And everyone knows in the sport of wrestling in this state the Nature Boy is the MAN The Heartbreaker trainer of the  Record MAKER and your just a faker.

You see you read my over the top comments but they are all Factual as far fetched and fun as they may sound ,And i do not comment or throw praise around lightly so if you think there are four wrestlers in KY in his weight class who can BEAT my man Erdman i would gladly bet you a C note x 10 your a free for all between 4 or 5 wrestlers was your exact words so lets hear the four who can Beat Erdman ,you hiding behind the fact that the KY tournament isnt seeded properly is a joke if Erdman and Vasquez are on the same side one wouldnt be the Champ and there are others in the class but only 2 with their credentials .

Now is the part where i have to bury you and your miniscule knowledge of the wrestlers themselves ,Logan has set his standards higher than any sr wrestler i know currently wrestling in NKY actually all of KY he trained with the best all across the country for years and while i do not know for certain what he is up to currently im sure he is hard at Work ,Saw him at swowca take a close loss and come back and major the same kid its a lesson, losses happen but early in the year coming back and winning like that is something that pays off at the end .As a youth spending time at Jordans or Mirons or in Michigan at Camps with kids like Mark Hall i doubt young Mr Erdman was worried about what anyones predictions were for him his Sr yr were he was more concerned with winning and getting better while the rest of those four kids you think can hang with him were somewhere in ky probably watching spongebob or dragon ball Z .And while most of them are hiding deep in KY and trying to get pumped up for a go at state Erdman is getting prepared for a Run at OU lol 

Whoooooooooooo

Hey.............Boy..........You going to take that bet and give me the field?  or are you just going to babble your usual dribble. I know someone we are both familiar with who might hold the dough till after state. winner can ride the other like a pony. come on, your the one said Logan's a lock didn't ya?

1 hour ago, BootsN said:

I will take that bet Depperschmidt. In fact, you only have to come up with $10 and I will lay $100.   Caveat though, I say Logan wins by major or better in the Finals.  He does that, you owe me $200.  He doesn't win by a major or better, I lose the bet.

He will be the State Champ at 138.

You say by major. Logans a stud. One of my bestfriends. Name whatever amount of money you want to. If i make the finals wont be a major. 138 is a wide open strong field. Gice credit wheres its due. Im not chopped liver bro :)

Sincerely,

Aj bindner fc 138

Name a weight class thats harder to win than 138.

Angel v 2 time state finalist state champ

Logan erdman 2 time state finalist state champ

Aj bindner - state runner up never lost to keegan by more than 2

Trent johnson- tough kid. 4Th i believe? Beaten vasquez already

So lets not be so quick to jump on who will win much less by a major? Put your money where your mouth is.

The talent is tough at 138.

Give you the field hunh Arent you just a brave little soldier ,Pick your four since you claimed it was a five man field and anyone could win or pick your guy and we will bet as for you riding the Nature Boy I don't think so sweetpea in my part of the County we don't roll that way ,And as for you claiming to know as much as me any day you want to compare trophy cases let me know i am the Nature Boy i breath Gold and you don't come close i have trained kids who won state titles their first year at age six and it only got better and bigger afterwards You Can take a knock here or there but you Or no one else will ever match The best Laid plans of The Nature Boy you could have a hundred grand kids and still couldn't come close and if you could you would only be second and not the First ,

A tough Class i agree I will take Erdman not saying he will major or pin through not to many Phenoms out there and i didn't say i trained him from day 1 lol but he is my friend and hes going to WIN ,

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Give you the field hunh Arent you just a brave little soldier ,Pick your four since you claimed it was a five man field and anyone could win or pick your guy and we will bet as for you riding the Nature Boy I don't think so sweetpea in my part of the County we don't roll that way ,And as for you claiming to know as much as me any day you want to compare trophy cases let me know i am the Nature Boy i breath Gold and you don't come close i have trained kids who won state titles their first year at age six and it only got better and bigger afterwards You Can take a knock here or there but you Or no one else will ever match The best Laid plans of The Nature Boy you could have a hundred grand kids and still couldn't come close and if you could you would only be second and not the First ,

A tough Class i agree I will take Erdman not saying he will major or pin through not to many Phenoms out there and i didn't say i trained him from day 1 lol but he is my friend and hes going to WIN ,

Why do you keep talking in third person "the nature boy" like yes we see you've commented you don't have to keep reiterating yourself over and over again. But if you say you have as much experience as you do. You should know that anyone can be beat on any day. Dan gable was never suppose to be beat and lost. Now don't get me wrong Erdman is an awesome kid and an awesome wrestler. But Binder, Vasquez, and Johnson have all been training hard and long for this. The only person that doesn't know how it feels to be in the pressure of the high school state finals is Johnson. But he's been in enough finals to know it's no big deal. The semi matches at 138 will be the best matches of the day at the state tournament.