Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - JANUARY 8

There was Saul Ervin from Union County Vs. Ryan Moore from Walton Verona and Saul just dominated the match. I think the final score was 8-2. Saul also ended up pinning #6 Dallas Oschenbein from North Oldham.

3 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Has a 7th grader ever won state in Kentucky? I'm thinking of a few placers. 

Mark Hall

Josh Robbins (Boyle) beat Matt Steven (LaRue) last night at small school 12-5, pretty impressive considering that Matt beat him pretty bad the first time they wrestled

5 hours ago, 385 said:

Mark Hall

Yes, Hall lost to Bradbury as a 7th grader.  Hall had beaten Bradbury in the Dragon finals earlier in the year, both tight matches.  Hall then moved to Minnesota where he repeated the 7th grade and won a state championship there.  I believe he has won them all since, giving him a chance to be a 6-timer in Minnesota, which is definitely a couple tiers up from Kentucky.

12 hours ago, TheBeardedOne said:

Hall was runner up in ky as a 7th grader

Whoops. Thought Hall actually won state here as a 7th grader. I was on deployment most of both 2010 and 2011 so I wasn't very familiar then, or 2009 or 2012 really. 

Not sure Andrioni will be able to wrestle.  He illegally slammed a kid from OC and the kid couldn't continue.  I thought the rules state if this happens the wrestler must sit out the next tourney.

On 1/31/2016 at 10:04 AM, KYW said:

Max Andreoni took a huge loss last night at state duals to Hudson Heidorf.

Definitely wouldn't call that a huge loss, both kids are great.  That was a great match, best match I was able to watch at the tournament for sure.  Both guys fended off takedowns in the last minute from each other.  Man was it good.  It will be good to see these two go at it again.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Zorgon2118 said:

There was Saul Ervin from Union County Vs. Ryan Moore from Walton Verona and Saul just dominated the match. I think the final score was 8-2. Saul also ended up pinning #6 Dallas Oschenbein from North Oldham.

120 looked to be a really tight 8-9 man race for most of mid season. Moore and Ervin have distanced themselves from the pack and now Ervin is as solid on top of the rankings as he was to start the year. 3rd place is still really tight though.

14 minutes ago, firemans34 said:

Not sure Andrioni will be able to wrestle.  He illegally slammed a kid from OC and the kid couldn't continue.  I thought the rules state if this happens the wrestler must sit out the next tourney.

Thats only if they are kicked out of tournament for unsportsmanlike conduct. An illegal slam only makes you lose the match. If he had another match that day he can still wrestle 

• Upvote 1

There's not really very many changes to be made as far as I know. I'd say these rankings are pretty indicative. 

5 minutes ago, 385 said:

There's not really very many changes to be made as far as I know. I'd say these rankings are pretty indicative. 

Regions are two weeks away...really no need for any rankings changes until then.

2 hours ago, FalconWrestling said:

120 looked to be a really tight 8-9 man race for most of mid season. Moore and Ervin have distanced themselves from the pack and now Ervin is as solid on top of the rankings as he was to start the year. 3rd place is still really tight though.

I feel like those two guys have been clear top 2 all season. Wells and Hurst a solid #3 and #4 but neither has beaten Saul or Moore.  Then after #4 big drop off to Cook, Oschenbein, etc.  This bracket is all about draw to determine finals but I don't see anyone beating Saul.

There will be some ranking changes. Union County will have a top 5 106 and Avery Buckman is staying at 170, but that will all come out this weekend. 

6 hours ago, coachteater said:

Thats only if they are kicked out of tournament for unsportsmanlike conduct. An illegal slam only makes you lose the match. If he had another match that day he can still wrestle 

Thx!  Glad to know that.  Selfishly I'd like to see them go at it again.  Max is a good kid too, so no malice intended when throwing question out there.

On 2/1/2016 at 2:14 PM, WristControl said:

I feel like those two guys have been clear top 2 all season. Wells and Hurst a solid #3 and #4 but neither has beaten Saul or Moore.  Then after #4 big drop off to Cook, Oschenbein, etc.  This bracket is all about draw to determine finals but I don't see anyone beating Saul.

Cook lost to Moore by 2 I believe in OT at the Rumble. Great match.  I don't believe he has wrestled the other 3 mentioned this year according to track. So to say its a big drop to #4 would be a stretch in my mind.  He's capable.

37 minutes ago, sting said:

Heidorf a no show at mustang?? 

I spoke to Andreoni's dad and he said the whole team didn't attend, I think... or he may just have been referring to Heidorf.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:34 PM, PinAndWin said:

Cook lost to Moore by 2 I believe in OT at the Rumble. Great match.  I don't believe he has wrestled the other 3 mentioned this year according to track. So to say its a big drop to #4 would be a stretch in my mind.  He's capable.

you're right. I shouldn't have said big drop after #4.   Dallas proved that this weekend.