Sign in to follow this  
crazyotto

SWOWCA

I know the young guys at WV will be happy to have seeding criteria this year and not get thrown in the draw. Predicting a few more finalists than we saw last year from the NKY boys. 

Thoughts... .another sham of a bias tournament ran by Ohio clowns who try to manipulate outcomes by denying teams and kids entry .then Insulting  The state of Kentucky and all its wrestlers by modifying it's seed Criteria to further indulge it's own arrogance and back patting while Teams and coaches from ky who enter bow down and emasculate themselves without a word because they doubt their own worth and haven't the guts to speak up or say no so they allow themselves their kids and their state to be lowered beyond the worth of other states .Just my thoughts ,The thoughts of someone who doesn't mind speaking the truth ...of course it matters more to some than others I have seen Jr High kids who have and could walk through it and freshman who embarrassed the field .

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

What in the Sam hill are you talking about? 

I think his tin hat is a bit too tight. I used to go down to this event when it was at Oak Hill high school. Have never been to Harrison. Pretty solid tournament, good way for me to learn about the SW Ohio boys. I hadn't seen/read much about this yrs event. 

• Upvote 1

Typically a top tournament for SW Ohio, & NKY.  All of the best teams from Cincy, usually a couple good teams from Dayton and Columbus.  Definitely not the best Holiday tournament out there, but definitely the best tourney for SW Ohio.  This tourney is tough, always has been.  Anytime you have Moeller, Elder, Fairfield, and a few other top teams, the competition will be good.

This year's top teams I would say are Moe, Elder, Fairfield, LaSalle, Oak Hills, can't forget about both Lakota's, Mt. Vernon always has some studs (columbus area), Glen Este is tough this year, Harrison returns almost their whole team from last year, Centerville (Dayton) is always solid, I mean it's definitely a credible tourney. 

Don't know why Myers would think it's a bias tournament ran by clowns, Campbell has had the ability to enter this tourney for the last couple of years, and they continuously say NO. 

• Upvote 3

OK SINCE YOU INCOMPETENT WISECRACKING BUFFOONS ARE OBVIOUSLY OUT OF THE LOOP AS TO THE GOINGS ON IN THIS TOURNAMENT I WILL EXPLAIN .A school is first on the list a prominent Ky  school ,To enter shmoca  after they get a couple recruits they get dropped to seventh . So if your a top notch tourney are you seriously going to bump a state champ team down on your list  and keep them out?? 

And Ohio tournaments giving Ky state placers reg placers seeding. That's pathetic stand up for yourselves .Indiana gets its seeding as does other states .makes me sick .

Now otto  you washed up wannabee and wildcat you never were know nothing goof Internet tough guys one day someone will teach you some manners since you cannot keep your comments on subject because your lack of wrestling knowledge is as pathetic as your athletic prowess so you stoop to making personal attacks on someone who would obliterate you if you had the cahones to run that pie hole in person.

Great tournament nooo great kids and wrestling and some good people scattered about yes .

GREAT TOURNAMENTS are not ran by conniving dirty bias people .

• Downvote 3

At 106 youll have brossart from ryle whos pretty tough also at 106 youll have isaiah macaraniag whos also tough and also trevor frietch the new 106 from sk

113 blake roth could win the whole thing

120 ryan moore i coukd see him winning the whole thing

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, crazyotto said:

Well, I was hoping for some input on KY boys to watch. I guess I was asking too much. Thanks for the hijack, Cap'n.

The Ky boys should fare pretty good here.  Brossart will give people fits due to his length, and should do well, I see him on the podium come Sunday.  Logan and Johnny were finalists last year, Logan dropped a tough one to Shie and Johnny pinned in the finals.  Roth, Ryno, and Mason should all see the podium, wouldn't be shocked to see a couple of them on top of it.  And can't forget Casey, I believe he should be able to make the finals as well. 

• Upvote 1

To add a little more to this, I did some digging, 132 & 170 have the possibility to be tough

top Ohio guys that I see are returning State placer & returning SWOWCA champ Schupp (ranked 5th) and Byrd (ranked 12th).  Brossart lost by a decision to Byrd opening week for Ryle. Don't know if Schupp can make 106 yet, has wrestled 113 so far. There is also a little Baird (Harrison), don't know if he can go 106, if so he is tough

113- Ohio guys, returning SP Baird (Harrison, ranked 10), Jordan Ward (Moe ranked 8th), Colin Neuner (Beavercreek)

120- Hertel from Glen Este is tough; Jabari Thomas (Fairfield, ranked 15)

126- Austin Murphy (Elder, ranked 5th), Casey Ragle (Norwood, ranked 12th Div. 2), Roth from Lakota East is tough too, Uran (LaSalle) was at 132 but with Shie dropping could be here at 126 if he can drop or up to 138, JR. High state champ last year, pretty tough

132- Corey Shie (Lasalle, ranked 2nd), Walker Heard (Marysville, ranked 14), Dylan Buis (Oak Hills, ranked 16), Keyon Huntley (Northwest, ranked 17th) Austin Sper (Fairfield, ranked 18th); this weight class will be stacked, everyone of these kids can make the podium this year

138- Jake Marsh (Marysville, ranked 7th), Eric Beck if he can drop, might be at 145 (Lasalle, ranked 9th), Jake Meredith (Elder, ranked 12th), Jake Thompson (Moe, ranked 15th), and Ramirez (Hamilton) is tough

145- Beck might be here, Ben Tate (mt. Vernon) is tough, Gavin Pearson (Talawanda, ranked 8th Div. 2) - don't know who will or can drop to 45 yet, makes it a wide open weight class for right now.

152- Ward (Moe, ranked 3rd), Sams (Fairfield, ranked 4th)- Both of these guys are returning State Placers, Sams has been at 60 so he might not be able to drop yet, Conner Craig (Elder, ranked 11 @ 145), Andrew Acuna (Lakota West) tough kid, Jake McCarthy (Purcell Marion, ranked 13th Div. 3)

160- Lane Hinkle (Marysville, ranked 4th), Dylan Roth (Oak Hills ranked 10th), Drew Hobbs (Moe, ranked 14th), Tyler Young (Ross, ranked 12th Div. 2),

170- Ti' Ric Evans (Elder, Ranked 2nd), Brett Bryant (Moe, Ranked 3rd), Conner Homan (Loveland, ranked 12th), Jacob Bria (Fairfield, ranked 13th), Mark Kimbrell (Fairmont, ranked 15th) Don't know where Michael Baker (LaSalle) will be, anywhere from 170-195, Jr High State Champ, and is a stud

182- Jeff Botts (Bethel Tate, ranked 7th Div. 3), Chase Sayers (Ross, ranked 12th Div. 2, might be 170 also), Sam Wyche (Moe, ranked 13th, yes related to the Bengals old football coach Sam Wyche, he is the grandson),

195- Gary Traub (Sycamore, Ranked 4th), Nolan Ziener (Harrison, Ranked 7th), Nate Stone (Glen Este ranked 8th) Logan Kemp (Centerville, ranked 12, could be at 220)

220- Jack Meyer (Moe, ranked 4th), Drew Fenton (Lakota West, ranked 6th), Larry Curtis (Fairmont, ranked 9th), Cole Sutton (Sycamore) don't know where he is weight wise but tough

285- Joe Hensley (Moe, ranked 7th), Brad Booher (Lebanon, ranked 12th)

This is just a small list, there will be some freshman and other kids step up for this tournament.  Will know more on whose where once the seeds are out, probably tomorrow sometime.

Logan could get another shot at Shie, a tall order. 170 might be toughest weight. Evans is a natural athlete. I believe he picked up wrestling late (?). This could be a break out year for Bryant at 170. Thanks for notes Coach Wagers 

Bryant is more or less he is a smart wrestler, nothing super fancy, smart/technical, and however he did place 6th last year at 160.  Evan's wrestled for Elder youth/middle school.  I believe he placed in middle school.  He is a natural athlete.  Just like his two cousins, Orlando Scales, and the young man I was lucky enough to coach through high school Tegray Scales.  The records and resume for those two alone should show where the talent and athleticism comes from. 

170 definitely has the ability to be the best weight class of the tourney with loads of talent.  If Michael Baker is here..... He is a dark horse, freshman at LaSalle, Jr High State Champe, he is a stud. 

I did make one mistake, the 132 Uran, wrong name/kid, it should be Sizemore.  Trey Sizemore was one of 5 Jr. High State Champs that are at LaSalle, Uran is a bigger kid, and I hear he is focusing on football and baseball.  They also have Bledsoe, 195lb's, will add to the mix of Traub, Zeiner, Stone, etc.....  Bledsoe is legit too.

Hopefully seeds will be released by tomorrow, then we will have more to talk about regarding our KY boys and how we sit.

17 hours ago, Captain America said:

OK SINCE YOU INCOMPETENT WISECRACKING BUFFOONS ARE OBVIOUSLY OUT OF THE LOOP AS TO THE GOINGS ON IN THIS TOURNAMENT I WILL EXPLAIN .A school is first on the list a prominent Ky  school ,To enter shmoca  after they get a couple recruits they get dropped to seventh . So if your a top notch tourney are you seriously going to bump a state champ team down on your list  and keep them out?? 

And Ohio tournaments giving Ky state placers reg placers seeding. That's pathetic stand up for yourselves .Indiana gets its seeding as does other states .makes me sick .

Now otto  you washed up wannabee and wildcat you never were know nothing goof Internet tough guys one day someone will teach you some manners since you cannot keep your comments on subject because your lack of wrestling knowledge is as pathetic as your athletic prowess so you stoop to making personal attacks on someone who would obliterate you if you had the cahones to run that pie hole in person.

Great tournament nooo great kids and wrestling and some good people scattered about yes .

GREAT TOURNAMENTS are not ran by conniving dirty bias people .

Let it go dude...it's in the past and your boys have moved on to bigger things.  You need to move on too.    

• Upvote 3

Agree, I know Evans ,didn't know he was that heavy but it makes sense in his Family .My son's got to play little cards football with Tegray and we're on the same youth team as Orlando their first year wrestling and have spent time in rooms with him over the year good athletes all around .

BRYANT seems athletic and knowledgeable but in the big matches when it's close he seems to panic and go for broke saw it at Districts last yr and Iron Man this year it gets tight and he goes for the home run with whip overs and stuff that good wrestlers seem to be waiting to take advantage of .patience and a cool head would help him tremendously ,Sometimes with the big teams comes the pressure and big expectations that make some go for big moves when it's the little things that win the day .

Bakers are tough they have been around all the clubs Like prodigy for years .

TRAUB Meyer and Hensley along with a couple others all train together in the off season. ,Last year they and Austin did a lot of work together and I think know they helped him get over the Hump to win Nationals .TRAUB is one tough dude who took a pounding but dished it out as well working with the big boys last year .There will be some studs there for sure .

1 hour ago, Wildblueeyes said:

Let it go dude...it's in the past and your boys have moved on to bigger things.  You need to move on too.    

Thanks Dr Phill. I just like the people to know what kind of people are out there and what they are dealing with

• Downvote 1

2015 SWOWCA COACHES' CLASSIC
Official seeds

Weight Wrestler Team Seed

106 Zach Shupp Fairfield 1
106 Anthony Haist Mount Vernon 2
106 Japser Johnson Norwood 3
106 Aaron Brossart Ryle 4
106 Lucas Byrd Lasalle 5
106 Isiah Macaraniag Walton-Verona 6
106 Jovan Fuqua Princeton 7

113 Cory Baird Harrison 1
113 Blake Roth Walton-Verona 2
113 Jake Gentry Ross 3
113 Oscar Santana Glen Este 4
113 Cameron Farmer Mount Vernon 5

120 Ryan Moore Walton-Verona 1
120 Jared Thiemann Lasalle 2
120 Chucky Lipps Elder 3
120 Colin Neuner Beavercreek 4
120 Brandon Hertel Glen Este 5
120 Kyle Green Sycamore 6
120 Garrett Hosterman Marysville 7
120 Sam Kreider St. Xavier 8

126 Austin Murphy Elder 1
126 Charlie Osborn Kilbourne 2
126 Derek Sharp Marysville 3
126 Casey Ragle Norwood 4
126 Cody Butts Kettering Fairmont 5
126 Jesse Potts Deer Park 6
126 Dante Castellano Simon Kenton 7
126 Jensen Quinn Lakota West 8

132 Corey Shie Lasalle 1
132 Keyon Huntley Northwest 2
132 Austin Harbaum Edgewood 3
132 Nino Salamone Elder 4
132 Austin Soliday Lakota West 5
132 Walker Heard Marysville 6
132 Dylan Urk Oak Hills 7
132 Sloan McMillin Walton-Verona 8

138 Logan Erdman Ryle 1
138 Jake Marsh Marysville 2
138 Jake Meridieth Elder 3
138 Jake Thompson Moeller 4
138 Eric Beck Lasalle 5
138 Dylan Buis Oak Hills 6
138 Austin Sper Fairfield 7
138 Daniel Ramirez Hamilton 8

145 Mason Smith Walton-Verona 1
145 Connor Craig Elder 2
145 Gavin Pearson Talawanda 3
145 Brandon Smith Glen Este 4
145 Sam Meddings Fairfield 5
145 Ben Tate Mount Vernon 6
145 Clint Chaffee Ryle 7
145 Tyler Bates Marysville 8

152 Jacoby Ward Moeller 1
152 Andrew Sams Fairfield 2
152 Andrew Acuna Lakota West 3
152 Samuel Williams Elder 4
152 Hunter Smith Centerville 5
152 Andrew Asencio Beavercreek 6
152 Trey Wallace Kilbourne 7
152 Jimmy Traub Sycamore 8

160 Lane Hinkle Mount Vernon 1
160 Robby Oswald Elder 2
160 Jake McCarthy Purcell Marian 3
160 Tyler Young Ross 4
160 Dylan Roth Oak Hills 5
160 Alex Couch Edgewood 6
160 Blake Wilson Lasalle 7
160 David Uzhca Centerville 8

170 Brett Bryant Moeller 1
170 Casey Cornett Simon Kenton 2
170 Ti'ric Evans Elder 3
170 Mark Kimbrell Kettering Fairmont 4
170 Conner Homan Loveland 5
170 Bj Ratcliff Bethel-Tate 6
170 Nick Goldfuss Oak Hills 7
170 Max Pflaumer Lakota West 8

182 Johnny Meiman Ryle 1
182 Jeffrey Botts Bethel-Tate 2
182 Jake Bria Fairfield 3
182 Sam Wyche Moeller 4
182 Chase Sayers Ross 5
182 Avery Jones Glen Este 6
182 Hunter Shepherd Oak Hills 7
182 Logan Weirick Marysville 8

195 Gary Traub Sycamore 1
195 Nate Stone Glen Este 2
195 Logan Kemp Centerville 3
195 Cole Cain Anderson 4
195 Noah Satterfield Marysville 5
195 Jeremy Heglin Deer Park 6
195 Devon Amburgy Lebanon 7
195 The-Moor Kelly Moeller 8

220 Jack Meyer Moeller 1
220 Michael Carter Northwest 2
220 Cole Sutton Sycamore 3
220 Larry Curtis Kettering Fairmont 4
220 Michael Markham Centerville 5
220 Elijah Pryce Purcell Marian 6
220 Ben Roshon Marysville 7
220 Mikey Addis Norwood 8

285 Joe Hensley Moeller 1
285 Brad Booher Lebanon 2
285 Kermit Beckworth Bethel-Tate 3
285 Jeremy Rosenblum Ross 4
285 Tim Tanner-Blair Lakota West 5
285 Richard Brayton Kings 6
285 Jon Spaulding Lakota East 7
285 Ova Venters Edgewood 8

Here's a link to some decent rankings. Tough to be half-accurate so early in the season. Not that rankings matter much to begin with, but they do provide a rough guideline. http://www.borofanohio.net/
Edited by crazyotto
link
  • Upvote 1

My opinion- Brossart makes podium, hopefully gets his rematch with Byrd in Qtrs. Schupp is the real deal. Fuqua from Princeton is tough. Sleeper is non seeded Cam Baird, he has potential to be a bracket buster

Roth gets good seed, not a lot of criteria for kids. Horton just lost to Glen Este kid by decision and was in the match 5-4, until last second desperation move. Cory Baird is legit. Sleeper if he is in this weight, Jordan Ward from Moe. Don't know if he is here or 120

Ryno gets 1 seed, Thiemann is long and well coached, but I see Ryno winning this. Nuener from Beavercreek is go big or go home wrestler, definitely not afraid of big moves but they can be costly as well. Sleeper Jabari Thomas Fairfield, if he is here. 

Peace and Dante will have their hands full at 126, no super stand outs except maybe Murphy, but a lot of good consistent kids. 

Shie and Huntley will be an exciting match, Walker Heard is a stud freshman too. 

Logan should see the finals, Marsh is a tough competitor too. But he def has the tough side, Buis is a Banger and doesn't stop, Sper is long and tough. Beck Thompson match will be good in Qtrs and I see Buis Marsh as the other side semi. With the winner seeing Logan in the finals.

Mason sits good at #1. Smith (Glen Este) Meddings should be a good Qtr to get to Mason in the semi, an on point Mason gets the win to reach finals. Meddings won the first matchup with Smith opening week. Craig from Elder is tough, making the drop down from 152, tough kid, should be a good final. 

Ward and Sams should be a barn burner

160 I think the semi of Hinkle and Roth should be the final. Roth is tough, Hinkle returning placer. Roth just lost to Vestal last night 6-5! Vestal is returning state runner up. He also pinned Wilson last night in the other dual. Hinkle is super tough though. Oswald is good and will provide a good final if he makes it, imo though Hinkle Roth is the match to watch.

Casey will def get some good matches this week. Goldfuss in the Qtrs will be a good start. Then Evans in the semis. Winner likely faces Bryant in the finals. 3 tough matches for casey, but winnable for sure. Sleeper is non seeded Michael Baker, Jr. High state champ, only been back for 1 week because of football, but can go with all these guys, I expect he should at least make podium. 

Meiman sitting at 1. Semi against Wyche or Sayers. Johnny will do what Johnny does and that's win. I don't know enough about the Bethel kid to give an accurate representation of how he will do. 

195 should be interesting. Traub Stone and kemp are the top 3, Traub def the favorite. This is a weight where anything can happen. Bledsoe will be a sleeper if he is here, could be at 182. Like Baker at 170, Bledsoe is a Jr high state champ, absolute athlete, started for Lasalle football as a freshman winning state title. Only been back a week, but can go with these guys, just depends on what weight he is at. Also have Zeinner from Harrison, not seeded.

220&285 the Moe boys are the favorites, but like most big guys it's hard to predict. Anything can happen

should be a great tourney. 

Teams: Moe, Elder, Fairfield, LaSalle, Marysville 

watch out for Harrison, Oak Hills, & Lakota West

Walton is the top Ky team this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

170 should be very entertaining .If Cornett has improved as he has done each year He could very well be the best all around  wrestler in Kentucky .This looks to be the toughest class in the tournament I would put his runner up spot at soph nat up against anything anyone in this class has done as well as his state placing HE is the 1 seed on criteria in and out of state .looks like they aim to make him earn it the hard way.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Captain America said:

170 should be very entertaining .If Cornett has improved as he has done each year He could very well be the best all around  wrestler in Kentucky .This looks to be the toughest class in the tournament I would put his runner up spot at soph nat up against anything anyone in this class has done as well as his state placing HE is the 1 seed on criteria in and out of state .looks like they aim to make him earn it the hard way.

That seems to happen a lot for Casey. I have a feeling he'll get it done.