Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

Walsh Ironman

Forgot to give a shout to the KY boys that entered IM. I had not looked at entrants prior to heading over. KY has made some noise here the past few yrs. It has not gone un-noticed. Keep it up. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crazyotto said:

100% agree. I have been to them all. Had two boys wrestle. We hit Beast, IM, Powerade, NHSCA,....I traveled w/ their school to Clash. You name it (have not hit Flo yet). For in season my money is on IM. Hard to compare to the out of season events. Many top guys don't go. Sure, the sheer #s can be greater, but oftentimes not nearly as deep. Hard to compare GR/FS with Folk. Most all guys practice GR/FS for a few weeks and thats it. For example, no Graham wrestlers hit these events. How many successful Fargo wrestlers have left IM emptyhanded? Happens every year.

IM weighs heavily in crowning a team national championship as it should. 

The beauty here is that we have so many great events. They all shine in their own way. With all that said, find a way to go to Clash. Best team tournament. Very well run.

The same can be said Both ways .I saw cadet AAs from Fargo in finals this year at Iron man and numerous Fargo AAs placed higher at iron man than Fargo like Shults a Fargo cadet at finals of 220 and Mansur Malick a Fargo 220 placed high at hvy. 

NO WHERE NEAR AS MANY NATIONALLY RANKED GUYS AT IRON COMPARED TO FARGO AND THE GRAHAM GUYS DO NOT GO BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PROFICIENT AT THOSE STYLES ,That's why Bo Jordan got demolished in his first attempts at those styles in college .And Cortez wrestled for Graham and did Fargo but he was the exception along with Taylor.Borh 220 finalists s at Iron man wrestled Fargo and neither won not even in cadet . Soooooo Fargo is tougher if you are comparing placings .

TAKE A 4X  STATE CHAMP AND IRON MAN GUY LIKE JOHNNY Dijulius 4 tries at Fargo 0 placings in any style .

Anyone who thinks iron man is as tough as Fargo or NHSCA knows very little about the sport or its athletes and goes off of heresay and hype .In season. It is probably the toughest but seeing guys like Carr and Marinelli lose at super 32 and top guys fall at Flo Iron Man is not  tougher than those two either .

It would be easy to compare the # of ranked guys in each but of course that's to simple 

• Downvote 1

JORDAN explained to me that his guys would get hammered in Fargo they specialize in Folk style and do not want to deviate far from that path .

Take each state allow the top two guys in each weight then have a few regions around the Country  that allow the top three and that's what you get at Fargo with a few petitioners thrown in. 

Iron man has a lot of top teams but with a lot of lower level wrestlers many of which could NEVER even make it to Fargo or would not be allowed in SR nationals at NHSCAS AS THERE IS CRITERIA it's not a minefield like Fargo usually although now and again you get a loaded class .I have seen time after time Iron Man champs get smoked at Fargo .Evan Silver ,Dijulius and others .It works both ways .Except a lot of top High School kids straight up are scared of Freestyle Greco

And I have been to all of them and had my son's in them As an incoming freshman One placed fifth as a first yr cadet in Fargo then fourth as a fresh in Iron man a few months later in a class that was tougher than any I have ever seen there Evan silver .Cisneros .Guilibon.Keener .Joey Dance .Stephen Myers and more .Silver won .then DNP at Fargo soon winning arguably the toughest class imaginable at Iron man then getting shut out at Fargo just like Johnny D.Nothing compares to Fargo .

AND AT NHSCAS you see a Sr class in one weight that features Jden Cox vs HAINES .AND A SOPHOMORE CLASS WITH AN Austin vs a Chaconis and that's not counting the rest and the other two age groups get real Iron Man isn't half as loaded as NHSCAS .

THE SR CLASS AT NHSCAS ALONE IS BETTER THAN IRON MAN .

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Captain America said:

JORDAN explained to me that his guys would get hammered in Fargo they specialize in Folk style and do not want to deviate far from that path .

Take each state allow the top two guys in each weight then have a few regions around the Country  that allow the top three and that's what you get at Fargo with a few petitioners thrown in. 

Iron man has a lot of top teams but with a lot of lower level wrestlers many of which could NEVER even make it to Fargo or would not be allowed in SR nationals at NHSCAS AS THERE IS CRITERIA it's not a minefield like Fargo usually although now and again you get a loaded class .I have seen time after time Iron Man champs get smoked at Fargo .Evan Silver ,Dijulius and others .It works both ways .Except a lot of top High School kids straight up are scared of Freestyle Greco

And I have been to all of them and had my son's in them As an incoming freshman One placed fifth as a first yr cadet in Fargo then fourth as a fresh in Iron man a few months later in a class that was tougher than any I have ever seen there Evan silver .Cisneros .Guilibon.Keener .Joey Dance .Stephen Myers and more .Silver won .then DNP at Fargo soon winning arguably the toughest class imaginable at Iron man then getting shut out at Fargo just like Johnny D.Nothing compares to Fargo .

We get it already. We all have opinions. State it once and move on. Criteria at these events have dropped off as interest has waned. My one boy was as passionate as it gets, but lacked skill. He made the Fargo team one year due to lack of interest from the guys that placed ahead of him at FS State. IMO, GR/FS is very important in the development of the wrestler. Too many OH guys forego the short season to either focus on Folk or football. I think they are missing out. Some guys only go one style. Smaller guys like FS, big boys like GR. You can learn from all styles and add to your arsenal. 

Back to Ironman. Had a great time as always. Well run tournament as always. Something Beast could learn from. Nice to see familiar faces (Preusse, Fickel, Dies, etc) and Logan Stieber was honored. Logan's only high school loss came here. His brother Hunter lost twice in high school.......both here. David Carr beat Jarod Verkleeren (Fargo cadet FS champ, FILA Cadet World Team trial champ) in the finals.

• Upvote 1

I do not know what Carr or Marinelli did this year at 32 last year Carr did not win and I'm not sure he placed .

I WAS JUST STATING FACTS PEOPLE ALWAYS POINT TO ONE PERSONS RESULTS WHEN IN FACT THERE ARE MULTIPLE AND MORE RESULTS TO STATE THE OPPOSITE POINT AT TIMES .

AND AS IS THE CASE IT'S ALWAYS THE FLAVOR OF THE DAY THAT IS BEING SERVED AT THE MOMENT AS I SAID SIMPLY COMPARE THE PARTICIPANTS AND IT'S NO COMPARISON

• Downvote 1

I only stated David Carr's results because you used his name as a reference. I assumed you were comparing the most recent results. I think everyone understands the point you are making. 

• Upvote 1