Ranger123

2015 Ranger Report

Dutch and I finally put a fork in this one.  We got some good stuff added in, but there is always more that we want to do.  Hopefully the weather cooperates for everyone and we all get to enjoy a great state tournament.

Note, these are predictions based on the original brackets.  So some kids will be higher or lower than rankings show them based on good/bad draws.

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing you in Lexington next week!!!

Ranger report 2015.docx

Ranger report 2015.pdf

Any idea why I can't open the document? Says unable to read document. An error occurred while reading the document.

Great synopsis and probably on target-I agree 138 is loaded. Lots of different styles. Loaded with kids with technical skills. Jacob Dodd has over 5o wins with most at 120. He is the kid at 113 that is dangerous and seemingly so what overlooked. Great report-thanks for putting this together. Still believe ST X is team to beat.

I've kept quite about a wrestler all year while his rankings didn't reflect his skills, but reading this report is a slap in the face to this kid.  Riley Hawes at 152 has done pretty good this year.  He has 2 losses at 152.  One to Barton in the finals of the Dragon and one to Ray in the Semis of Region.  All of his results are on Track.  He wrestles in some pretty good tournaments that get state recognition so I don't know how his accomplishments get overlooked.

He's 2-1 against Ray (I think Ray is underrated too)

He's beat Hoffman everytime they wrestled this year

He's beat Reithauer multiple times this year

The kid is for real and no one at 152 wants to see him in their bracket, including Ackley in the second round. 

I've kept quite about a wrestler all year while his rankings didn't reflect his skills, but reading this report is a slap in the face to this kid.  Riley Hawes at 152 has done pretty good this year.  He has 2 losses at 152.  One to Barton in the finals of the Dragon and one to Ray in the Semis of Region.  All of his results are on Track.  He wrestles in some pretty good tournaments that get state recognition so I don't know how his accomplishments get overlooked.

He's 2-1 against Ray (I think Ray is underrated too)

He's beat Hoffman everytime they wrestled this year

He's beat Reithauer multiple times this year

The kid is for real and no one at 152 wants to see him in their bracket, including Ackley in the second round. 

Since they're averaging ~70% accuracy at predicting top 8 then I wouldn't take it as an insult, just take it for what it is:  an educated guess.

Omg, someone who doesn't take this stuff personal. Never claimed to be anything other than an educated guess. Would be stupid to claim any more.

Although I will say that with much better information and some added help from Dutch I would expect that number to be closer to 80% on placers. But you are still talking a couple dozen proving us wrong.

70% accuracy in a high school sport as variable as wrestling is insanely good. It means you get  about 80 out of 112 medalists correct which is incredibly difficult.  if you think you could do better go ahead and post em.

These predictions were based on results. Which included wins, losses,head to heads. I assure you that I would love to be wrong about some of these brackets. Which I can guarantee that we will be. Every year some kids get upset and other rise to the occasion. I'm sure this year will be no different.

Good luck to all the wrestlers.

• Upvote 1

70% accuracy in a high school sport as variable as wrestling is insanely good. It means you get  about 80 out of 112 medalists correct which is incredibly difficult.  if you think you could do better go ahead and post em.

Never said it wasn't good, and never said I could do better...I only  mentioned it b/c someone took offense at the report.  I agree it's remarkably good, and their compiled data shows they're getting better every year.