Sign in to follow this  
MLee

Youth State Tournaments brackets released

We finally have the brackets in order for this week's Youth State Tournament.  They have been posted on Track Wrestling under KSWA Youth State Wrestling Tournament.  Enjoy!

If you get a chance, be sure to thank Chris Duke, Darren Thomas, Jason Moore, and Jason Brown.  These guys put in a lot of hours getting this done. 

How were they put together .....without seeding?? weight or??

After all the wrestlers were entered track wrestling has a program for 10%.  After Track put the brackets together we went through and made sure kids from the same team where on opposite sides of the bracket.  If it was possible we tried to keep kids from the same region apart in the first round.

• Upvote 1

After all the wrestlers were entered track wrestling has a program for 10%.  After Track put the brackets together we went through and made sure kids from the same team where on opposite sides of the bracket.  If it was possible we tried to keep kids from the same region apart in the first round.

How much time was put into the last part?  The first bracket I look at is full of first round matches between region members.  2002/2003 74.4-77.6 has five wrestlers from the Hardin Co/Louisville region, Rosenblatt (North Hardin), Puyear (LaRue), Wade (River City), Haverstick (John Hardin), Frech (River City).  Out of those five wrestlers, four of them are facing each other in the first round.  To me, it doesn't seem like that last part holds true as it would be very possible to keep any of these kids from facing each other.

I went through all five of LaRue's 2002/2003 kids and four out of the five have a region opponent in the first round.  The only one who doesn't is Tucker Shelton who is in a round robin with NO kids from his region.  Let's be transparent here, don't say you avoided matching kids up from the same region in the first round when it's pretty apparent that it did not happen.

Finished up LaRue's kids.  We have 15 kids entered with 13 of those being in a bracket (2 have round robins).  Out of that 13 there are 9 kids with a region opponent in the first round.  That's 69.2% of our kids.  With a quick glance it seemed like all of these could have been done differently where they didn't have a region opponent in the first round while avoiding doing the same to someone else.

I will say thank you all for getting brackets done but I really wish our school wasn't one of the ones who got hit with so many first round region opponents.  Maybe we were just unlucky...

Finished up LaRue's kids.  We have 15 kids entered with 13 of those being in a bracket (2 have round robins).  Out of that 13 there are 9 kids with a region opponent in the first round.  That's 69.2% of our kids.  With a quick glance it seemed like all of these could have been done differently where they didn't have a region opponent in the first round while avoiding doing the same to someone else.

I will say thank you all for getting brackets done but I really wish our school wasn't one of the ones who got hit with so many first round region opponents.  Maybe we were just unlucky...

We are still in the process of making corrections.  Unfortunately, some coaches waited until after we created brackets to let us know their mistakes (we've also made a few). 

I made a few adjustments to your teams brackets to help avoid 1st round regional match-ups (where available).  I will say, your region was BY FAR the largest in the state; therefore, in some cases there isn't much we can do. 

We are still in the process of making corrections.  Unfortunately, some coaches waited until after we created brackets to let us know their mistakes (we've also made a few). 

I made a few adjustments to your teams brackets to help avoid 1st round regional match-ups (where available).  I will say, your region was BY FAR the largest in the state; therefore, in some cases there isn't much we can do. 

Thank you.  I know it has to happen in some cases but it did seem like an abnormally large amount.  Definitely to that last point. If you compare it to the high school region alignments, our region has teams from HS Regions 2, 3, 4, and 5.

I went through all five of LaRue's 2002/2003 kids and four out of the five have a region opponent in the first round. The only one who doesn't is Tucker Shelton who is in a round robin with NO kids from his region. Let's be transparent here, don't say you avoided matching kids up from the same region in the first round when it's pretty apparent that it did not happen.

Transparent? Are you serious? So in the process of entering over 900 kids and their information into the system and building over 70 brackets we conspired to not follow the same procedure with only the Larue kids. Give me a break. Since you are obviously better at this than any of us or our group, I assume we can put your name down to be an officer for the next few years and you can show us how it's done.

Transparent? Are you serious? So in the process of entering over 900 kids and their information into the system and building over 70 brackets we conspired to not follow the same procedure with only the Larue kids. Give me a break. Since you are obviously better at this than any of us or our group, I assume we can put your name down to be an officer for the next few years and you can show us how it's done.

I gave LaRue as an example as that is the school I am affiliated with. I looked through several other schools in the region and saw the same thing. I gave one bracket as an example.

I never said I was better at it, even thanked you all for doing it. I was merely pointing out that at a cursory glance that statement didn't seem to be the case. I know it's an arduous task, as a Database Administrator, ETL then running reports on said data is something I do almost every day.

I'm currently back in school but when finished I hope I can get more involved. If the offer still stands when that time comes I hope to take you up on it.

The statement (though not perfect) was merely explaining our process and goal. There is no rule that we have to separate regional teams. It's just something we try to do to avoid kids potentially wrestling kids they have wrestled all year. You didn't merely point out a discrepancy, but by your choice of words and method of communication you all but accused us of doing something inherently wrong. Those doing the work are not perfect and mistakes are made, but there is a right way and a wrong way to address those mistakes.

The statement (though not perfect) was merely explaining our process and goal. There is no rule that we have to separate regional teams. It's just something we try to do to avoid kids potentially wrestling kids they have wrestled all year. You didn't merely point out a discrepancy, but by your choice of words and method of communication you all but accused us of doing something inherently wrong. Those doing the work are not perfect and mistakes are made, but there is a right way and a wrong way to address those mistakes.

You're obviously taking this wrong. Thanks again for the work you and others put in. No hard feelings from me...

Possibly. All I know is the vast majority of coaches have addressed issues in a much more professional manner rather than coming online and accusing those doing all of the work of doing something improper behind the scenes.

Possibly. All I know is the vast majority of coaches have addressed issues in a much more professional manner rather than coming online and accusing those doing all of the work of doing something improper behind the scenes.

Yes, also the other people who worked on the brackets addressed my concerns without a) acting in an unprofessional manner or b ) turning my words into something I didn't say.  I had a conversation yesterday with another individual that worked on the brackets that was actually quite pleasant and nothing like this interaction with you.

I had a concern, this thread seemed like it was started to discuss the brackets and the process.  There wasn't anything said to the contrary about expressing any concerns in this thread so I took a thread started for bracket discussion as a place to do that.  I found that 69.2% of our kids had a first round opponent when it was stated that this scenario was trying to be avoided --- that number seemed quite high to me -- and my comment about us just being unlucky was meant with sincerity.  

Based on the discussion yesterday I understand more of the process.  But NOWHERE did I accuse anyone of any wrongdoing nor did I NOT thank you all for your efforts.  I have tried to drop this but for reasons I'm unsure of you feel the need to continue to slander me and actually make accusations about things I did not do.  But, so it's out in the open and to not have any misunderstandings, NO, I do NOT think the people who organized the brackets had a vendetta against LaRue County wrestlers.

Just as you told me there was a right way and a wrong way to bring up my concerns, there is a right way and a wrong way for you to handle this.  Once again, no hard feelings and thank you for the work you have put in.