Sign in to follow this  
B10grapple

Postponed!

in this state when it comes to wrestling but we came as close as you could in loosing our sport in 91/92 and with out Tackett listening to Parks, Bankemper, Powell, Coomes and other committee members then. we wouldn't be here.

^^

Biged--that's my point exactly! They listened to people who matter in this sport and good things came from it!

How about when a kid did not get his 2nd place medal because he ran off the mat after losing and came within 3 feet of the commissioner? (I know you remember this one :D )

oh dont get me started on that GOO. was a good hurdle though. punctuated a good weekend for Louis Stout.

GOO- a little side story that the people did not know about that, I found him outside stripped down to his boxers and he looked at me and said He just did want people see him get upset and do something unsportsmanlike like. Yeah it took away a second State Runner up trophy away after his team points were taken away. Not defending his actions but he was actually was sportsman like. All he really did was leave the gym so no one would see his temper and emotion. Never cursed, never got violent until he came back and found out he was DQed. The only thing he actually did wrong and the referee admitted that he made a mistake was the handshake and end of match procedure. He actually finished it by the rule book but the referee did realize the words of the rule accutualy 2 rules. Poor guy was a nice guy but never refereed again.

oh dont get me started on that GOO. was a good hurdle though. punctuated a good weekend for Louis Stout.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

As far as the KHSAA's decision to move the tourney goes ... IMHO, if they didn't move it when they did, then that would say to me that they didn't have the best interests at heart for the sport. But since it was moved for the safety of athletes/coaches and spectators/other folks alike, they were thinking of what was best.

I know having the tourney during the week isn't ideal, but it's better than simply not having it.

Very impressive hurdle and a good kid to boot. he got caught up in the moment.

We knew it was not good when the garbage cans started flying.

I know it's easy to bash the KHSAA leadership, and I'm not here to defend them.  It does bother me that the wrestling background is missing from the leadership group that makes decisions for our sport.  How hard would it be to find a reputable, successful, and experienced wrestling coach to take the reigns as commissioner of wrestling for the KHSAA?

I also hope someone will keep track of participant numbers, particularly those who drop out due to moving the tournament to the second week of March.  Some will drop because they have moved on to baseball / track season, others because they simply ran out of gas in February, and I can't help but think that others will drop because they simply don't want to manage their weight for another three weeks.  I don't know what better scenario is out there, but moving the tourney until mid-March will be especially hard on some wrestlers (and coaches).   

I know it's easy to bash the KHSAA leadership, and I'm not here to defend them. It does bother me that the wrestling background is missing from the leadership group that makes decisions for our sport. How hard would it be to find a reputable, successful, and experienced wrestling coach to take the reigns as commissioner of wrestling for the KHSAA?

I also hope someone will keep track of participant numbers, particularly those who drop out due to moving the tournament to the second week of March. Some will drop because they have moved on to baseball / track season, others because they simply ran out of gas in February, and I can't help but think that others will drop because they simply don't want to manage their weight for another three weeks. I don't know what better scenario is out there, but moving the tourney until mid-March will be especially hard on some wrestlers (and coaches).

I know for a fact that a very well respected coach looked into the position when Mike barren filled it. Pretty much heard from everyone it's a "good ol' boy" system at khsaa. So wouldn't expect much change in the future.

I know it's easy to bash the KHSAA leadership, and I'm not here to defend them.  It does bother me that the wrestling background is missing from the leadership group that makes decisions for our sport.  How hard would it be to find a reputable, successful, and experienced wrestling coach to take the reigns as commissioner of wrestling for the KHSAA?

I also hope someone will keep track of participant numbers, particularly those who drop out due to moving the tournament to the second week of March.  Some will drop because they have moved on to baseball / track season, others because they simply ran out of gas in February, and I can't help but think that others will drop because they simply don't want to manage their weight for another three weeks.  I don't know what better scenario is out there, but moving the tourney until mid-March will be especially hard on some wrestlers (and coaches).   

Hopefully the coaches of all sports their kids are involved in can come to some sort of understanding. I know Coach Pike at Central Hardin has already talked to the baseball coach about one of his kids splitting time during the week between both sports, and I believe they can avoid conflict and work it out.

should we expect a lot of no-shows for State. Is this the year where a number of 5 seeds get opportunities to wrestle at state? It would be a shame for a dual sport athlete to have miss state due to Spring sport commitments.

Very impressive hurdle and a good kid to boot. he got caught up in the moment.

We knew it was not good when the garbage cans started flying.

garbage cans flew after he got dqed

Commissioner/ Asst Comm usually is in charge of more than one sport. Thats why they have advisory committees . 

THE Wrestling God's extended the year so

ATM COULD HAVE THE LONGEST HIGH SCHOOL WINNING STREAK EVER , AND SO EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO TRAIN A BIT LONGER .Who cares about other sports almost every state in the country wrestles later than Kentucky does , some teams still have points left they should get to use them .Some really ridiculous comments about other sports interfering , almost as ridiculous as having a state championship in the middle of the week .Train hard because hard core is coming

• Downvote 2

one thing I wonder and I'm sure he covered this base, How does the Head of education feel about a Tues/Weds tourney? I hate to see the boys in Frankfort weigh in. 

I'd say they sought input from the state board, or at least hope they did.

Sign in to follow this