Sign in to follow this  
NO-OX 1

SNOW!!!

JCPS kids are not allowed to practice, so they will be at a big disadvantage (Yes they do suspend coaches for having practices) with brutal cold travel to Lexington will be hard. and I bet the horse barn will be cold. Sounds like what happens to state duals every other year.

Not sure what the rest of the state got.  Up here in Nky we got about 4 inches.  Snow has stopped.  So probably no school tomorrow but should be back to school on  Wed. 

Most region 8 schools will have 12-15 inches by 3:00am. We very cold temps to follow the rest of the week. I see Sheldon Clark being out of school for the remainder of the week.

I would say alot of areas of Ky. will not be allowed bus travel Thurs. night after school. Has a State Tourney ever been delayed a week? This could play out to be a very unfair tournament for alot of Ky. wrestlers. Weight cuts, no practice, possible no participation.

Let's think positive and hope this clears up tonight and the road crews get things cleared out by Thursday anyway. I'm not sure what the KHSAA protocol is, but I've heard in the past that the show will go on with those who make it.

It's 9:00 pm and the snow is basically done falling. The only way we could run into problems is if the extreme cold makes it difficult to continue the clearing of the roads. I think we will be good to go come Friday. Let's get it on!

Is it legal for teams to train together at a centralized location?

I would not say train together, but with their own team at a site I would say is probably ok. I'm checking with my a.d. and going to see if he will allow us to have other teams come in on Thursday so they could get mat time in.

Guessing that answer will be no. That sounds like a scrimmage.

I know western hills use to open there mats up when we were in Frankfort and I believe a lexington school has in the past. I'll see what he says. I'm willing to be there even if my teams not there

Is it legal for teams to train together at a centralized location?

I would assume if no coaches were there then yes it would be legal unless the coach told everyone and made it required.

Sign in to follow this