Sign in to follow this  
supernat

Semifinal Predictions

I've always kind of wished this site had contests just to spice things up a little bit. Post your semifinal predictions if you want.

106-Kraeszig St. Xavier v. Ervin Union / Yenter Campbell Co. v. Bender Lexington Catholic

113-Vega Fern Creek v. Moore Walton-Verona / Wells Campbell Co. v. Hurst Woodford Co.

120-Huston Cooper v. Brown Male / Sheffer Union Co. v. Roberts Woodford Co.

126-Poynter Moore v. Burroughs North Hardin / Erdman Ryle v. Peace Walton-Verona

132-Bindner Fern Creek v. Steiner Cooper / Duncan Trinity v. Insko Apollo

138-Johnson John Hardin v. Vasquez Lafayette / Spahr Campbell Co. v. Bird Central Hardin

145-Hudson Trinity v. Andreoni Woodford Co. / Richerson Taylor Co. v. Ashford Scott

152-Ackley Nelson Co. v. Belk Ryle / Barton Trinity v. Williams North Hardin

160-Meiman Ryle v. Nevels Wayne Co. / Buckman Union Co. v. Haddad St. Xavier

170-Ray Doss v. McIntosh Oldham Co. / Sowder Scott v. Griffith Johnson Central

182-Frankrone Trinity v. Jones Newport / Matthews Campbell Co. v. Smith Moore

195-King Johnson Central v. Dodd Fern Creek / Miozza Trinity v. Bossert Lafayette

220-Myers Campbell Co. v. Williams Harrison Co. / Green St. Xavier v. Hameidan Boone Co.

285-Shaffer Ohio Co. v. Jones North Oldham / Young Lafayette v. Johnson Dixie Heights

Some brackets are extremely loaded others are relatively "easier" in comparison (although nothing in this sport is actually easy). There were 5-6 classes where picking people was just throwing darts. As always anything can happen.

My only change would be at 126 I think Brad Krebs makes it to the Semis.  He looked like he was healthy and ready to roll this weekend forfeit in the finals a little unsure of the reason but if he wrestles like his region matches he will be in the semis.  Already has a win over Burroughs from North Hardin.

He definitely could, no doubt about it. That was a tough 8 man bracket both top guys have had a myriad of health issues and I truly hope they are both healthy and ready to compete for the state title.

Bindner by pin or tech. That being said i really like steiner. Very good wrestler.

Bindner is good but seriously!  I saw that he was pinned by a low rank 138 pounder at state duals.

Either way I think it will be a good match

Smith vs Duncan in quarters? Smith got a worse seeding than Steiner and he pinned Steiner at regionals! But who wins between Duncan vs Smith? I am leaning to smith because he is a dominate freshman!

Bindner is good but seriously! I saw that he was pinned by a low rank 138 pounder at state duals.

Guys get caught. Which is exactly what happened. Bindner was winning handedly before he go caught in a scramble situation. so seriously yeah!

Not to mention he was bumped up. Mason smith wrestled Chaffee in the semis this past weekend. smith had him near teched. Relaxed for a sec and found himself on his back as time ran out. If he was pinned would you say "mason smith is good but I saw him almost get pinned by clint Chaffee"? Come on dude. Think before you speak.

Pin is dead on here too...Bindner and Smith are on a different planet from a talent perspective.  I would pay $20 to watch just this single match.  I think it is a close match...UTB ride out.  Not calling a winner either.   :D

• Upvote 1

Guys get caught. Which is exactly what happened. Bindner was winning handedly before he go caught in a scramble situation. so seriously yeah!

That "low rank guy" out pointed him summer before last in a freestyle tourney at Center Grove. Then lost a match earlier in the season by a whopping 2 points after leading into the 3rd.

While I agree that it was Binder just "getting caught" at state duals, give the other kid a little credit. I mean since they hit high school the "low rank" guy is 2-1 against him.

Not to mention he was bumped up. Mason smith wrestled Chaffee in the semis this past weekend. smith had him near teched. Relaxed for a sec and found himself on his back as time ran out. If he was pinned would you say "mason smith is good but I saw him almost get pinned by clint Chaffee"? Come on dude. Think before you speak.

The "low rank" guy also pinned Smith at the Rumble this year also. Just sayin'

• Downvote 1

That "low rank guy" out pointed him summer before last in a freestyle tourney at Center Grove. Then lost a match earlier in the season by a whopping 2 points after leading into the 3rd.

While I agree that it was Binder just "getting caught" at state duals, give the other kid a little credit. I mean since they hit high school the "low rank" guy is 2-1 against him.

I thought it was 4-4 when he got caught , is that it right

4-2, but in fairness, Binder scored two takedowns and gave up the 2 by going neutral on the restart twice.

Kid hit a nice post high c I think, and they went to a scramble. It happens.

I'm just giving him crap, because we are buds.

Low ranked guy took bender down to his back, making it 4-4 before he got stuck. Low ranked guy is 9th but has several big wins.

Not how it happened. The match wasnt even competitive before hand.

Low ranked guy took bender down to his back, making it 4-4 before he got stuck. Low ranked guy is 9th but has several big wins.

That's what I saw

Sign in to follow this