kdsmith27

Campbellsville Ranking Matches......

Coaches, Wrestlers, and Fans,

I hope to have a good turnout for our College Day with Maroon/Grey Ranking matches and clinic on October 29th. This will be a great opportunity for any high school wrestler to take a day and visit our University and see what we have to offer on the mat and in the classroom. In between technique sessions wrestlers will be free to visit our game room or admissions office etc. And the ranking matches in the afternoon should be exciting. Our wrestlers have been working hard and we expect to have a great year!

As of now it looks like the following in state wrestlers could be challenging on October 29th:

125 looks to be a match between returning starter John Chidester and Jr and cadet national placer AJ McElroy from Oklahoma or Corey Striplin from Illinois.

Robert Smith from Eastern could face Sophomore and returning national qualifier Kaci Payne at 133 or 3x Virginia state finalist Jessie Riggleman

Jairus Murton could be challenging at 141 or 149 against returning starter Kyle Norred or Jessie Riggleman

Zach Davis will be challenging at 149 against Murton or Returning National Qualifier Chris Seta.

Paul Davis from Wayne County and James Linker from PRP will be challenging at 157 against returning National Qualifier Billy James or Redshirt Freshman Danny Hendry from North Carolina.

Damon Chilco from Trinity will be challenging at 165 agains Division I transfer John Lowery from Ohio or State finalist David Clemens from Beaver Creek, Ohio.

174 will be a match between one of the guys metioned at 165 and returning starter Chris Branam or Ben Ellard from Oklahoma.

We are really thin at the upper weights so the matches at 184 and 197 will be between Transfer Glenn Jackson and returning starter Josh Deadrick.

Hvyweight should be an exciting match as you will see State Champion from North Carolina Chad Brown vs. State champion from Georgia Chad Wigington or NHSCA national runner-up Chris Barnett.

I appreciate anything that you can do to help me get the word out. I have heard back from people in the area here, but not much from the people up in Louisville or other parts of the state. I hope a few coaches will bring a busload and make this a good event.

You should be able to get to our updated website soon and print out a copy of the registration form and fax or mail it in. Have anyone interested call me with questions.

Thanks Again and best wishes this season,

Franky James

Head Wrestling Coach

Campbellsville University

270-789-5148