Sign in to follow this  
louwrestfan

region predicitions

My guess is that even with those three wrestlers there, male still would've lost. 22 points a big deficit for three wrestlers to make up, no matter how good they are against a solid team like manual. I know it's duals format but manual also got third at JCTC, over male I believe when they had a couple wrestlers out.

Three wrestlers have the ability to make a 36 point swing. 3 more pins (+18 points) for team "A" and 3 less pins (-18 points) for team "B"

My guess is that even with those three wrestlers there, male still would've lost. 22 points a big deficit for three wrestlers to make up, no matter how good they are against a solid team like manual. I know it's duals format but manual also got third at JCTC, over male I believe when they had a couple wrestlers out.

actually 22 points is easily over come with 3 wrestlers. If 2 wrestlers go from getting pinned to pinning, it's a 24 point swing. But regardless, it will work out Saturday. Good luck to everyone

Manual has beaten Male twice this year. And finished higher than us at Jefferson County. I won't make excuses. They beat us. Best of luck to everyone in Saturday.

Do we have a master list of all region locations 1-8?

go to khsaa wrestling page. Under region information there is site selection plan. Shows all sites and where they will be next few years

I don't see how Male has an outside shot at Region 4.

I think Male is fourth behind St. X, Trinithy and Manual.

Really tough region with some outstanding wrestlers from Central, Eastern, Moore and others as well.

All im saying is the truth will come out this weekend. Nothing like two of the strongest rivalrys in the state going at it in one region. Depending how the cards play out there could be some upsets for this Region. Good luck to everyone!

Go Bulldogs

Region Predictions:

1) Union County-not even close-everyone else just fighting for 2d place

2) Apollo-1st, NH-2d, MC-3d

3) Fern Creek-this powerhouse keeps rollin

4)  ST X-Rocks

5) Woodford County in a bit of a surprise in this region 

6) Battle between Campbell County and much improved Ryle team-Campbell win out tho-Too deep

7) Wayne County-much better than you might expect-

8)  Harrison County comes out strong in regions to win 1st place

Anyone care to comment on these picks?

Region 8

106- SC

113- HC

120- HC/MC

126- Bourbon

132- HC

138- JC

145- JC

152- Bourbon/SC

160- HC/MC

170- JC/HC

182- JC/Ashland

195- JC

220-  HC

285- Bourbon

Team race will be tight between JC and HC, throw MC in there and its a dogfight.

Captain:  Apollo has serious champion contenders in 106 through 132.  North Hardin has no wrestlers in the first few weight classes and will count heavily on the success of the others to pull it out.  Meade County has a full team, and the best chance to win it all ..on paper, but word has it they have been fighting a series of injuries and illness lately; and may not be as full in the line up from an experience stand point as they appear on paper.  There are several other teams that can win too (Central Hardin and LaRue).  But...if Apollo wins the first 5-6 wt classes and fairs well in the others, then they may suprise a lot of people and win Region 2.  No doubt tho...in a lot of people's minds, North Hardin and Meade County would appear to be most favored to take Region 2. 

Region Predictions:

1) Union County-not even close-everyone else just fighting for 2d place

2) Apollo-1st, NH-2d, MC-3d

3) Fern Creek-this powerhouse keeps rollin

4)  ST X-Rocks

5) Woodford County in a bit of a surprise in this region 

6) Battle between Campbell County and much improved Ryle team-Campbell win out tho-Too deep

7) Wayne County-much better than you might expect-

8)  Harrison County comes out strong in regions to win 1st place

Anyone care to comment on these picks?

1) yes Union all the way

2) I do not know enough to make a guess

3) Fern seems to be the clear favorite

4)St.X and Trinity is going to be another dog fight coin toss, I like, you will lean to X

5) I think Oldham will overthrow the legendary woodford

6) Campbell.....  The question here is who is 2nd? Ryle, Cooper, Scott, or an outside horse like SK or Walton?

7) I gotta go with lafayette

8) no longer a 1 horse race. with Harrison, Montgomery and Johnson Central. But until you take the alpha dog out he's still the alpha dog. going with Johnson

The 126-pound bracket in Region 2 has changed.

Alex Lee has had to drop out because of injury, so everyone behind him moves up in seeding. LaRue's Dalton Bell is now No. 2, Taylor's Griffin Hall is No. 3 and North's Jake Burroughs is fourth.

HUGE loss for Meade County at 126-really tough break for Alex Lee. Prayers go out for a speedy recovery and quick return to competition. It does set up some interesting match ups tho. I agree with ky wrestler 96. Wayne county is always tough. They have rolled over lots of teams in duals and tournaments and may be better this season or maybe just hungrier and more competitive albeit a younger team. Don't espect any easy matches from WAYNE County.

Sign in to follow this