Sign in to follow this  
Eminent

Upset alert at state

I think the Association let us down again this year by having the same crappy official back again this year. I don't understand when a coach reports that his team somehow ends up with the same official and he is ruining young kids hopes and dreams that a team can't get a ref changed. How do u call stalling in a 0-0 match with 10 seconds left on the top guy who is working when the bottom guy is laying flat? How do u stop a match with 15 seconds left and the guy who is down has opponent pinned? the WV kid was pinned. Should not have stopped match because kid was crying. He was not hurt. Just knew he was pinned. After all of this we have 1-guy in finals and get the same ref who screws our kid over with 3 consecutive stalling calls and he is up 1-0 with 1-min left. I'm sure the other kid didn't want to win like that. Also ref hugs the winning kid after they walk off mat. Really questionable. Hopefully the new association will not have the heavy set official with the beard back for a 3rd year. Everyone in the building knows who he is. I would also recommend teams from hiring this joker for tourneys. He absolutely sucks!

All I will say is this. If you don't like it you and your kids don't have to participate. Maybe I will help by creating an early DQ list for next year for the kid/parent who came to the floor during the finals to harass and official. Totally unacceptable.

I've said it for years. The split hurts but when your on your back for 5 seconds your pinned. Usually the opponent hurts themselves by trying to get out. But what do I know. Kid got his shoulder dislocated because of a no brainer dangerous move that the same horrible official didn't stop. He should feel worse about this than blowing calls.

Monday is always the day where all the whinning and crying comes out from the weekend.  "Ref did this, ref did that, kid did this, kid did that, coach did this and coach did that."  It's never.....Hey kid you did a great job and wrestled your butt off (win or lose) or thanks coach or thanks ref or thank you Association for putting on a great event to bring all our our states best young wrestlers to compete. 

We had some great wins and tough losses, but what I won't do is be that coach that ever places blame on anyone for my kid(s) losing.  We preach to our kids to never let the ref decide a match.  The wrestlers decide who wins or loses.  Win with grace and lose with grace.  If you don't believe it....try it. It might help all of us deal with the feeling of entitlement.

Thank you KSWA for once again volunteering your time and efforts.  You put on an event that was awesome and one to remember....Win or Lose!  Thank you to all of the teams that participated as well.

Great Job!! 

I would just like to say wow to the level of wrestling I seen Saturday Kentucky wrestling is in great hands we have some very special kids in this state.

Here is what happened at the 113:

Trey Barber lost to Rone in the quarter finals

Marshall Royce almost caused an upset long to Jared Kelsay in OT

Rone lost to Jack Fuller in Semi Finals

Greg Miller was disqualified for hitting a nasty illegal throw on Barber

Royce beat Barber and gave him a broken nose

Kelsay lost by 1 in the finals to fuller

Royce lost by 1 in the battle for 3rd against Rone due to a locking hands call. But what happened was Rone hit a illegal headbutt on Royce and it really shook up Royce and he had the option to DQ Rone and get third automatically but he decided to wrestle it out showing great commitment and sacrifice and came back from 5-0 to make it 5-5 with an outstanding 3rd period but locked his hands but great sportsmanship not quitting and wrestling it out.

Oh Geez. I'd disagree with that. If a kid is headbutted, has his "bell rung" etc. The match needs to end. It's so easy to second guess I realize, but if the opponent breaks the rules then it's on him, not the injured wrestler. Having to "sacrifice" isn't sportsmanship in this case. Sure the kid has grit, but his coaches and parents should have stopped the match.

Monday is always the day where all the whinning and crying comes out from the weekend.  "Ref did this, ref did that, kid did this, kid did that, coach did this and coach did that."  It's never.....Hey kid you did a great job and wrestled your butt off (win or lose) or thanks coach or thanks ref or thank you Association for putting on a great event to bring all our our states best young wrestlers to compete. 

We had some great wins and tough losses, but what I won't do is be that coach that ever places blame on anyone for my kid(s) losing.  We preach to our kids to never let the ref decide a match.  The wrestlers decide who wins or loses.  Win with grace and lose with grace.  If you don't believe it....try it. It might help all of us deal with the feeling of entitlement.

Thank you KSWA for once again volunteering your time and efforts.  You put on an event that was awesome and one to remember....Win or Lose!  Thank you to all of the teams that participated as well.

Great Job!! 

I couldn't agree with you more.  This was a great event and it seemed to get over a lot faster than last year.  

The singlets and medals are something very special.  I know my son is very proud of his.  Thank you KSWA for all you do.

• Upvote 1

How many alternates had the privilege to get in? That's always cool to see a nice surprise like that.

I think it was 4....a few less than in years past.

Noah wrestled with some emotion Saturday! The upset of Insko was a great match between 2 great kids. The finals with Yost just seemed to be too much to ask for twice in one day. Super proud of Noah Duke and the rest of our Raider boys who placed at MS State. Cole Thomas 70lb 5th as a 5th grader, Connor Lee 4th as a 6th grader and Dominic Caggiano 5th as an 8th grader. Ryle takes 2nd!

Great job, Yost was just to much, probably deserved MOW considering how much he dominated through the day. Great tournament.