UniPeck

top ten ky wrestlers never to win a state title?

David Diaz from Hoptown is definitely on this list. Not sure what he did his freshman and sophomore years, but he placed 3rd his Jr and Sr years.

My kids dentist Dr Murphy, his son(RIP) Jordan Murphy? I never saw him wrestle but two finals? Sounds outstanding.

I remember Jordan Murphy, he was part of those great John Hardin teams of the late 2000's. He was one of the better wrestlers of that decade for sure. He's probably pinning angels up in heaven right now

• Upvote 1

Lol. What's up man? I hate this topic for you bro. I can't help but to mention you though. If anyone was deserving to win a State Championship, it was you man. I hope all is well. If you come to State, hit me up.

Caleb Austin

You'd have to put JJ Killebrew, Kory Polley, and Dee Leavell up there as well. Austin may finally get his title in Kansas though

Thomas Campbell is another example, alongside other Fort Campbell greats like Brandon Campbell (no relation), Nate Johnson, Matt Mines, etc.

Jordon Whiting is also another fairly recent example, his junior year he threw the kid into a table defaulting the match and his senior year he was upset by Houston Croney wrestling the match of his life. Whiting was probably the scariest heavier guy I ever saw before Myers came to town

This is off topic, but Caleb Austin is putting on a show in KS. Currently undefeated and ranked 2nd in the state, and should see the #1 kid in the state this weekend. 

I wouldn't call Croney beating Whiting in the state semifinals an upset. That was the second time Croney beat Whiting (1st time was by pin). Was Croney expected to beat Whiting at state? Not at all! 

All though I wish I couldn't, I've got to add my boy Tevon Clay to this list. He placed 5th, 3rd, and Runner Up. Heck of a career though. Ended with over 200 in season HS varsity wins.

I remember Jordan Murphy, he was part of those great John Hardin teams of the late 2000's. He was one of the better wrestlers of that decade for sure. He's probably pinning angels up in heaven right now

Jordan was great. His passing was a real punch in the gut.