Sign in to follow this  
JMI1406

Middle Schhol State

The quality of the awards, the championship singlets, the awesome experience for our young athletes, the well ran tourney, great facility, incredible competition and match ups this year, I would gladly pay double. Can't wait!!!!

^^^^^Classy zaniac. SMH. I don't believe that they said that they can't afford it, simply disagree with the price. If your going to have a crappy attitude, stay home.

^^^^^Classy zaniac. SMH. I don't believe that they said that they can't afford it, simply disagree with the price. If your going to have a crappy attitude, stay home.

i will go where ever I want whenever I like. Good attitude or crappy.

Cute. I would get into a battle of wits with you, but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel...too easy. Go to bed, get some rest, and try again tomorrow.

Iwin the problem is people struggle to communicate. Shame? That doesn't sit well with a lot of people and they tend to respond with a crappy attitude and I understand completely. We get a lot of critics on this site and very few people willing to step up and create solutions (I say create because I want to see more than words). Now a comment that the admission price is a bit high and to ask why is very reasonable. But to insinuate that I should be ashamed of that price is rediculous. In fact the association voted and that price was approved by a majority vote over a year ago. And again we aren't making any money at that price.

You know that I understand that Ranger. I have no problem with the price. I love the awards, medals, etc. And I understand that "shame" was probably a poor choice of words. But for someone to insinuate that someone else couldn't afford to go and shouldn't come to State because of a financial situation, that pisses me off. I'm not a bleeding heart liberal by any means, but I firmly believe that wrestling is one of the last blue collar sports, and if someone is having a rough time and needs assistance to come support their son/daughter, we as a wrestling family should help out in any way possible. I'm not in any way saying that this was what purpleandgold was implying, but I can be sympathetic to the gripe. To make a snooty comment like zaniac did was completely uncalled for. Good luck to all this weekend, even whoever you are supporting zaniac. If anyone is having any funding problems this weekend, feel free to PM me and I will help as much as I can in any way possible.

Iwin, I would imagine that if someone has a child wrestling this weekend and there is financial hardship, that the school or coaches would help them out in that respect. I've seen in happen already this year. For a tournament of this size/quality twelve bucks isn't bad. And the awards are amazing for these kids.

Absolutely agree KY-79. We all just need to remember that what is a small amount for some may be a little tougher for others. Can't wait for this weekend, it's going to be a great time. Good luck to all.

OK, didn't mean to start a fire storm.  I can afford $12.  But when the family comes down to support my son, the cost adds up.  Adding it all up, it will cost close to $100 just to walk in the door.  And yes, I can afford that as well.  Sticker shock got to me, I guess.  Didn't mean to disrespect anyone.  Calm down, everyone.  I bet I'm not the only one who read the flyer and noticed the price.   

Cute. I would get into a battle of wits with you, but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel...too easy. Go to bed, get some rest, and try again tomorrow.

You can say and do whatever you want. I will do the same.

Do you have to weigh in as a team or when you arrive?

The team weighs in together.  Coaches will receive a team pack with a weigh in sheet after paying the fees.  Hopefully most teams will be arriving together so it won't be that much of an issue.

Teams that go down the night before or Coaches that go Friday evening can go pay and get their packet then and be ready for weigh in the morning of.  If all team members are not staying the evening before I recommend having a set meet time for all parents 30 mins prior to what you really want them to meet you.  The earlier you weigh in the quicker it is and if you have kids waiting to eat breakfast this gives them plenty of time to eat.  Last 3 years I've checked our team in the evening before and then had all kids meet in hotel lobby with head coach and we drive them all over to weigh in for the earliest time.  Then we head them back to the hotel for breakfast and parents head back with us to the event. 

Ok, I'm trying to catch "Fox Catcher" in Lexington(they aren't showing it in my little burg) on my way to Mt.Sterling. Hope it's good, anyone else seen it?