Sign in to follow this  
bulldog-leader

Senior night dual at Holmes

Thanks bulldog hopefully we will never have to put up with your bs again. We (Cooper) was invited for a duel for your senior night and instead of giving your boys matches you set up to win by forfeits. Yes you won by two points but I don't understand how winning by forfeits would make you happy.  Your team won two matches the whole night and one of those was against a freshman with 2 matches under his belt.  The other match you won was another freshman and you won by a point in that match. All of the Cooper studs pounded your team! Cant believe you would be happy by putting your kids in position not to wrestle and make all of those parents come out to watch forfeits. We all saw what happen at conference.  A one school duel during the week should be about the kids getting matches not how you bush leagued your team into a two point win.  You should be proud of yourself. Cant wait to see you guys at Lockland this weekend.Of course if you guys stick around you can watch some of our boys in the finals.  Great sportsmanship Holmes.

Not sure how it was bush league? We sent out 12 wrestlers.  Didn't have a 113 or Hwt.  Our 113 didn't make wt. and we even bumped up our 195 to get a match at 220.  Other than that we sent out our entire team same as they will be at the end of the year.

Last year we came to the senior night at Cooper for one dual and we only had 6 kids on the whole team.  We had another team back out on us at the last minute (Fri) we couldn't find another team and we couldn't cancel because it was our senior night. 

Usually we would still have lost a dual like this.  The reason I'm proud is because everyone showed up, and we won because a couple of guys were able to keep the matches close so as not to give  up the extra points.  It may not seem like a big deal to you.  But filling 12 wt classes at Holmes is a huge deal.  This team has worked hard to get kids out for the team, to keep them out and to separate so to fill more wt. classes.  Its' what every team does I know, but its not what has happened here in the past.  You didn't see our guys whooping and hollering after the dual, or making a big deal about it.  We took them in the hall, told hem how proud we were of them, that we were able to get this far so as to win the dual.  Then mentioned to them that now we have to win more individual matches so that it would not be that close.  We have very few wrestlers with more than 3 years experience on the team.  Even some of those took a year or two off somewhere in their career.  

Don't get me wrong Cooper has some awesome wrestlers and expect to see many of them to place in the state tourney.  We think Cooper is a class act.  Good kids good coaches, good parents and good fans.  I think most of our wrestlers get along with one another and I know our guys root for the Cooper kids more than any other school, when its not against us.  

I changed it for you TFS.  In the past we have always been on the other end of these type of losses.  Loosing because of forfeits.  

Bulldog-leader I have always had a ton of respect for what you and your coaches have been able to do with the kids and teams you have. But I agree with TFS, last night was a complete joke. When I go to a wrestling match I want to see kids wrestle not take forfeits. Truth told, my son would rather take a butt-whipping Vs. getting his hand raised for not doing a darn thing. When teams wrestle a simple home duel, the idea should be that every kid gets a match. Not playing matchup games to win by forfeits. If that is what you want to do, take your team to some team tourneys and you can play matchup games all day long and nobody will be upset because that is the name of the game.

I will continue to cheer for the kids from your program and wish them nothing but the best. However, you can be sure the kids/parents/coaches on our team are not going to forget about this. I hope you are real proud of your 'WIN". I will enjoy watching our kids win on the big stage by wrestling matches not accepting forfeits.

I don't know exactly how things went, but could they have not did the forfiets and then have kids get matches as "exhibitions" ? That way Holmes got the win and all the kids got matches

According to Track, Cooper only brought 9. Holmes had 12. Don't complain about losing a dual when you have 5 holes.

I don't think they are complaining about losing, just kids not getting matches when they could have

Only 2 Cooper kids got forfeits.  A Hwt, our biggest kid weighs 197 and he bumped to wrestle the 220 and their 113 who was an overweight 106.  Our two 8th graders our 96 lb 106 didn't want to wrestle up and our 8th grade 113 didn't make wt. and wrestled the middle school match that was going on at the same time.  It was possible for maybe one more match nothing more.  

It was a once in a lifetime win everything fell into place.  2 of our wrestlers kept the match to a decision to try and get the win.  It seems odd that after all these years of Holmes losing duals that when we finally get a big dual win we have to apologize for it

Coach Price deserves this win.  He has worked his tail off getting kids on the team and keeping them out.  Of the 12 guys on the varsity team only 4 of them wrestled last year.  A couple were hurt last year and a few others took a year or two off and returned this year.  All because coach Price worked hard to get them back on the team.  

They weighed in their whole middle school team so they could fill holes after we moved our boys around to get matches.  We are not complaining about the win or the loss just that our parents had to get off of work and get their kids to Covington by 5pm for kids to not get matches. We are just upset because we love the Holmes team and never thought they would do that.  This weekend at Lockland Cooper finished 2nd with 180.5 points. Holmes finished 11th place with 37 points. I will still root for the Holmes wrestlers. I have much respect for them.

Sounds like Holmes has a much better Dual Team and Cooper should be happy with having a better tourney team ,Both should be sad about not having a full team and everyone should be glad for a team getting a sr night win throw the dog a bone once in a while although missing matches stinks ,Cooper has some good kids I think their fans will get to watch at state ,not sure Holmes will have that option.