Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2015 State Duals Info

This is a wrestling forum no one is dumb enough to think that any significant amount of kids of any consequence to this forum or fans go to any private school for anything othet than wrestling .And it doesnt matter what they are there for and lmfao I sure as H cant believe thise dumb rednecks from x who were standing up in the bleachers men and women alike cheering and yelling at a kid who was obviously hurt give two craps about religion ,unless its one of those comparable to the now less than favorable mideastern jihadi prone types ,of course you were probably one standing up .

if parents have a kid that wants to participate in a particular extracurricular activity/ enriched learning environment and are faced with having to pay tuition most will choose Private. 

If this were true then there would be much more private schools.  I truly don't believe this is true.  Most of the people I know would never send their kids to a private school. There is not enough diversity in both education and sociologically. Especially in the high school. 

And yes private has an advantage over public.  Larger school districts have an advantage over smaller also.  The larger the drawing area for the school the more of a chance for talented individuals.  There may be exceptions to the rule but for the majority this is true.  

private schools should have to go by the same rules as public schools

So allow middle school kids in their feeder program to compete at the varsity level? Maybe public schools should have to go by the same rules as the private? Recruiting aside because it happens everywhere public/private/homeschool where ever, you can't argue the fact that it's an advantage for a middle school kid to get varsity experience at the high school level. Also I know that you have been in multiple states and have a wide range of wrestling experiences but we are not talking about anywhere but the state of KY.

The feeder schools have no district or area the same as their High schools so yes they can follow the same rules that should apply ti everyone they should have to compete ONLY against other private schools jr highs or high schools OR there should be seperate div ,Like grappler said if a school that has kids from the area of say a CC wrestles one say the sise of Newpt its a huge disadvantage now x that infinitly and even across state lines it apears and wth kind of disadvantage is that to any public school let them compete perhaps but keep achievements and awards seperate .In most states the private schools have tournaments that include only private schools they laugh at public schools and not onky have their own tournaments but do those of public schools as well .And in the case of kys few private schools who obviously have no control of their idiot fan base who wouldnt want them seperated .

You live in one state and go to school in another and this is a wrestling site a sports site lol and this person is being discussed because of achievement in sports if you do not see the irony in that you have real issues ,So a school cam have kids from anywhere even other states wich is against most states rules and some of you say its fair or equal competition with public school s,Thats insane .private schools should have to go by the same rules as public schools and have borders and if not they should have to compete against each other as I said you even have kids jumping from private school to private school lol but you do not recruit and offering free scholarship for athletes should be an instant rule violation .

And they are all Guilty as can be.

I never said schools do not recruit.  If you read my posts you will see that I said many do.  It is just that my definition of recruiting seems to be quite different from yours.  And the KHSAA allowed that student to jump from one private school to another without sitting out a year.  That is an organizational matter. 

This is a wrestling forum no one is dumb enough to think that any significant amount of kids of any consequence to this forum or fans go to any private school for anything othet than wrestling .And it doesnt matter what they are there for and lmfao I sure as H cant believe thise dumb rednecks from x who were standing up in the bleachers men and women alike cheering and yelling at a kid who was obviously hurt give two craps about religion ,unless its one of those comparable to the now less than favorable mideastern jihadi prone types ,of course you were probably one standing up .

I disagree.  There are actually student-athletes who are quite competitive in our sport...not just athletic students.  And over the years I have been in more than a few gyms, in more than a few states, and seen numerous fanbases seem to conduct themselves poorly.  Did you ask any of those fans why they were cheering?  Did anyone tell you they cheered due to an injury?  You can assume, but you do not know if you do not ask.  (Of course, it is easier to criticize and make accusations than it is to get to the bottom of it.)  Some may have been cheering that their kid won and did not realize the other athlete was seriously injured.  Many of us have done things in the heat of battle that we later regretted.  We already saw an apology for such an action.  Every fanbase has folks who take it too far...don't assume they all do!

Let me also add that I was not there and did not see it.  Just posing some questions...  If it was as has been reported, a fanbase cheering because a kid was injured...that is terrible and extremely poor sportsmanship!

• Upvote 1

The feeder schools have no district or area the same as their High schools so yes they can follow the same rules that should apply ti everyone they should have to compete ONLY against other private schools jr highs or high schools OR there should be seperate div ,Like grappler said if a school that has kids from the area of say a CC wrestles one say the sise of Newpt its a huge disadvantage now x that infinitly and even across state lines it apears and wth kind of disadvantage is that to any public school let them compete perhaps but keep achievements and awards seperate .In most states the private schools have tournaments that include only private schools they laugh at public schools and not onky have their own tournaments but do those of public schools as well .And in the case of kys few private schools who obviously have no control of their idiot fan base who wouldnt want them seperated .

I guess when a teams fans act crazy it is because the coach and school can't control their fans.  That's ridiculous!  Everybody has some overboard fans.

Of course ,but therebis a difference between rowdy moms and dads yelling for their kids ,And Moms yelling thats a fn pin for christ sake in front of six yr olds like the x mom did in wv or a group of fans yelling at an obviously Injured kid to get up quit faking and yelling BS like at duals all Xfans and then those same types preaching their superiority on this site along with how a kid was not Hurt ,The kid had beaten and was beating his x opponent untill he was hurt thats a fact ,its not just one its obviously a number of them of course I understand their just to ignorant to understand the sport or that you do not yell at kids unless they are your own .

As for all the recruiting Get real those same parents are there watching their kids that they drive across numerous public school zones so that their kids can be on a team with other recruits ,I have no issues with it except the Dumb $@bs that act like it doeasnt happen or that its not a huge advantage ,Expect every public school fan or parent to root against you even wjthout your hypocritical redneck wannabee keeping up with the jones dont have a clue about wrestling attitudes .

I was not at duals, but I have seen St. X several times this year.

Whatever impressions one has about St. X or private schools, their wrestlers have impressed me as a good, talented and humble group of kids. (Though most wrestlers seem like great kids).

Their coaches also have impressed me with the way they interact with their wrestlers.

No comment on the fans/parents.

Of course ,but therebis a difference between rowdy moms and dads yelling for their kids ,And Moms yelling thats a fn pin for christ sake in front of six yr olds like the x mom did in wv or a group of fans yelling at an obviously Injured kid to get up quit faking and yelling BS like at duals all Xfans and then those same types preaching their superiority on this site along with how a kid was not Hurt ,The kid had beaten and was beating his x opponent untill he was hurt thats a fact ,its not just one its obviously a number of them of course I understand their just to ignorant to understand the sport or that you do not yell at kids unless they are your own .

As for all the recruiting Get real those same parents are there watching their kids that they drive across numerous public school zones so that their kids can be on a team with other recruits ,I have no issues with it except the Dumb $@bs that act like it doeasnt happen or that its not a huge advantage ,Expect every public school fan or parent to root against you even wjthout your hypocritical redneck wannabee keeping up with the jones dont have a clue about wrestling attitudes .

Sounds like poor sportsmanship.  Sadly, kids sometimes act more mature than their parents.  Just looking at all the facts.

And I think we have to agree to disagree on the definition of "recruiting."  But I would certainly agree that there are advantages to attending a private school...never debated that fact or the fact that recruiting does take place.

And I do not think I exhibited a "hypocritical, redneck, wannabee, keeping up with the Jones, don't have a clue about wrestling attitude."  Merely asking some questions.  (Of course you may have meant that last comment about others you have met and their views...not really sure.)  

I think someone may still be upset about a finals match that happened two years ago....

Very ignorant to assume any kid that attends a private school comes from a "greener" background. Have quite a few friends and family members that have sacrificed everything they have so that their son/daughter could receive the best education in their minds. I also have quite a few friends and family members that went to public schools that have more money than majority of the kids that went to a private school. When you believe or fall for a stereotype it shows a lack of intelligence.

And because you are assuming that all kids that are good/talented that wrestle or particpate in a sport for a private school are recruited is probably one of the dumbest assumptions I've heard. While im not saying recruiting doesnt happen private or public, most of these kids come from a private gradeschool/middleschool or have always wanted to go there as a young sprout.

• Upvote 2

I think someone may still be upset about a finals match that happened two years ago....

Very ignorant of you to assume any kid that attends a private school comes from a "greener" background. Have quite a few friends and family members that have sacrificed everything they have so that their son/daughter could receive the best education in their minds. I also have quite a few friends and family members that went to public schools that have more money than majority of the kids that went to a private school. When you believe or fall for a stereotype is shows a lack of intelligence.

And because you are assuming that all kids that are good/talented that wrestle or particpate in a sport for a private school are recruited is probably one of the dumbest assumptions I've heard. While im not saying recruiting doesnt happen private or public, most of these kids come from a private gradeschool/middleschool or have always wanted to go there as a young sprout.

I think everything you have said here is very true. But I believe you may have got one of my posts mixed up with another poor sot.

I made a post on another thread called RECRUITING in which I stated I hate to be stereotypical. I myself grew up in a family of 5

both parents worked dad 2-3 jobs. sending all 5 to catholic schools (until High school) tuition, books, uniforms, the works. For having the love of God those Nuns were the meanist people I ever met wrestlers included. In conclusion PLEASE do not confuse me with mr. Myers.

No confusion at all Mr Myers doesnt yell at injured kids from the stands act like private schools do not have an advantage getting kids from everywhere rather than one school district nor does he get his facts all misconstrued like deppershitt ,And dont worry no one would confuse either of you for me nor would they ever give two craps about what you say .And deepshitt what happened you tried to have a debate about wrestling but diacoveres you were just an old man that didnt know anything about wrestling.and by the way MY son went to private school ,The parents may have had egos but did not cuss and yell at injured kids and you had to at least live in the state to attend .you two finish your on line date now habanaban

I am with Crazyhorse regarding the advantage that private schools have in not just wrestling but other sports as well.  Having said that, it is a 2-way thing the private schools sometimes approach the athletes with discounted tuition and sometimes athletes simply want to go where the most talented team is.  Imagine if you would if all public schools were able to assemble a wrestling team I would say St. X or Trinity would not be very competitive in that dual....

Secondly, I am not exactly sure why so many on this forum find enjoyment it making things personal against Mr. Myers and his kids.  I have watched them both wrestle for years and they are very clean wrestlers.  Austin has far superior strength and skill that the kids he is facing and I have never seen him hurt or humiliate his opponent.  I have never spoken to Mr. Myers but I have only ever seen him cheer his son and team on in a respectful way.

Lastly, I am NOT a CC parent, my son wrestles for Oldham Co. and not at 220.

Thank you ,Thats the obvious point ,That private schools can simply let kids in from anywhere and as for recruiting you nailed it some times kids or parents sumply want tbeir kids at a private school for every advantage including sports and other times they are flat out recruited.

I have no issue with it although I have no issue with anyone from public schools saying it is not fair because it isnt fair at all .

I just cannot believe someone from a private school would act as if it isnt an advantage and not to mention how tbeir fans acted and bs they have spouted on this forum .

Surprised a lot of public school parents or personell have not went ape on all this but it is old news it comes up a few x a yr .

I am with Crazyhorse regarding the advantage that private schools have in not just wrestling but other sports as well.  Having said that, it is a 2-way thing the private schools sometimes approach the athletes with discounted tuition and sometimes athletes simply want to go where the most talented team is.  Imagine if you would if all public schools were able to assemble a wrestling team I would say St. X or Trinity would not be very competitive in that dual....

Secondly, I am not exactly sure why so many on this forum find enjoyment it making things personal against Mr. Myers and his kids.  I have watched them both wrestle for years and they are very clean wrestlers.  Austin has far superior strength and skill that the kids he is facing and I have never seen him hurt or humiliate his opponent.  I have never spoken to Mr. Myers but I have only ever seen him cheer his son and team on in a respectful way.

Well I can only say why I enjoy rattling his cage so, as I cannot speak for others. He is almost always the first to make things personal, calling people ignorant about wrestling or making hidden vulgar $3#%77^ comments about someone if they have different views than he has. He reminds me of the grade school bully when he misspells my name to Deepshitt like I  will run away and cry somewhere. At least on the playground they had some imagination when they tried to hurt my poor little feelings. like Dr. Depper

or better yet Diper shitt! He should have left the bully tactics from grade school long ago but seems to have failed to mature in any substantial way. He is not Humble,polite, or thoughtful in any way. No instead he seems to relish being an arrogant, Boastful boor.

So I hope you can forgive me when on occasion, I cannot help but to pull his short tight chain.

• Upvote 1

While I never support name calling or personal attacks, it is simple, in some instances, to understand how it can take place.  We have posters on our site who like to "stir the pot."  Crazyhorse has even referred to himself as such.  When a post turns personal on the part of one, the other will gladly oblige...just part of it for some folks.  There are also posters who just want to talk wrestling, but when their views differ from those of Crazyhorse, it often spirals downward into a pile of name calling and personal attacks.  If you have read this thread, you see him comparing some of the Catholics at X to Jihadists.  How could that not turn personal for someone..especially if they were Catholic?  I think Crazyhorse knows what he is doing and what he will have returned in kind.  No blood, no foul.  Did you really not know the answer to that question?     

Hell yeah we recruit. We got skanky cheerleaders and blood doping experts on staff! All our kids are holdbacks, and we spike other teams food with Valium at duals. So what? I don't think any of are competing for a pin from the Pope or Sainthood. I've never heard a college coach ask if a team or school cheated. They just want to know your accomplishments and grades. End of story.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to head to my PO box to pick up our latest shipment of steroi.... errr.. I mean suplements.

Honestly I was like everyone else some catholics and some with kids in private schools a bit ticked at some x fans of course its not all of them but it was a few then some whacko comes on here and preaches and TELLS US how a kid was faking I say thats BS.

now as for this thread its all debatable and In a debate you have those who use what may have been or could be and those who use FACTS I personally like F A C T S they have lots of friends like T R U T H and in tbis instance on this forum W I N S ,someone who isnt going to comment TG made it personal by bringing up a loss of course hes a buffoon and got the yr wrong but anyway they chose not to debate without getting personal So they got _@_@_$$/&(2)3 a bunch od $&@/:-) head and @@# replies , foolishness begets foolishness .Anyway good luck to everyone at state and yeah I would say 2012 was one of the best or the best yr in ky wrestling you cant argue the facts of the kids success as a state team or as individuals ,those R FACTS not coulda woulda mighta we sweat 500 drops before dinner type myths.

• Downvote 2

Hell yeah we recruit. We got skanky cheerleaders and blood doping experts on staff! All our kids are holdbacks, and we spike other teams food with Valium at duals. So what? I don't think any of are competing for a pin from the Pope or Sainthood. I've never heard a college coach ask if a team or school cheated. They just want to know your accomplishments and grades. End of story.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to head to my PO box to pick up our latest shipment of steroi.... errr.. I mean suplements.

We are now taking up collections for supplimental retirement packages for the refs.

Mr. Meyer

Mr. Meyer is an outstanding person. He is very polite but also very blunt with his information. He has only said nice things to me. I have only talked to him a few times but always nice and friendly. I happen to like him a lot and hope he stays with it when ATM leaves.

Sign in to follow this