Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2015 State Duals Info

I wasn't in Union co this weekend so I obviously didn't see this situation and I don't have a dog in the CC/X fight except to say a number of these kids/parents have been in less than friendly matchups at MS state duals in the past. BUT I will say that I have known Brad Krebs for about 10 years as a coach and fan. He is a tough tough kid who understands the team aspect of wrestling and no way would he give up on himself or the team in that situation.

As a former X wrestler and grad, 502 you absolutely disgust me. Anyone who cheers while a kid is injured is a coward and shell of a person. As a competitor, I had the utmost respect for opponents, and would like to assure the remainder of this community, do not discount a school from one pathetic example. Mr. Krebs, I wish your son a hasty recovery.

Krebs was up 5-2 when he hurt his shoulder.  Either way X still recruits and their best wrestler ever, came from Indiana (oh wait he lived in Indiana during his high school career).

Krebs was up 5-2 when he hurt his shoulder.  Either way X still recruits and their best wrestler ever, came from Indiana (oh wait he lived in Indiana during his high school career).

Sorry...decided to delete the post.  My bad.

Either way X still recruits and their best wrestler ever, came from Indiana (oh wait he lived in Indiana during his high school career).

I think you may be talking about the wrong schools recruiting (Union - Carr, Blackwell. Woodford- Carr. Ryle- Mark Hall. CC- Myers brothers, not to mention they wrestled varsity for one school then midseason started wrestling for CC. Just to name a few) Not a knock at all on any of those wrestlers all outstanding. Most of the kids that wrestle at StX come up through the River City program, which they are not allowed to compete varsity unlike the public schools.Huge advantage to public schools. And there are quite a few wrestlers who wrestle river city but choose to attend else where. Also there are a large amount of students that attend from across the river that do not participate in athletics. February is here goodluck too all

• Upvote 1

CC did not recruit MYERS you imbecile ,and public school kids wrestle wherever they live ,private school wrestlers live and come from numeous areas and would attend different schools it doesnt matter what team you wrestle for in youth those are just recruiting tools for private schools where youth kids from various areas wrestle to get an advantage over public school teams and prepare for their private school.

.as for moving mid season so what all that did was cheat the boys out of matches and practice time that only hurt them because of dumb rules not to mention all the shenanigans at Grant co .Myers Both lived in CC when they were Born And the first elementary school they ever attended was in CC ,people do move.X Trinity and all the rest of the private schools shouldnt even be allowed to wrestle public schools they should all have to wrestle and play sports against schools without border limits like themselves so holes can yell at other private school kids when they are hurt and then you can preach to yourselves about your greatness lol.You even have kids moving from private to private school without even moving ,If thats not recruiting what is.

I can't help but laugh at the hostility, because not once did I insult a kid or knock him for his accomplishments. I actually applaud each of those kids mentioned for their hard work and dedication to the sport. 

So public schools don't have feeder programs? Oh they do? Ohhh okay. Private should only be allowed to wrestle Private? But wrestling is dominated by Public Schools. Look at the comparison of State Titles between Public and Private. I think you might have a different outlook on that.

You are right about the living area for attending a certain public school, but can you explain the mobile home that a now p4p best wrestler in the country used to establish "residency" to wrestle as an 8th grader at a PUBLIC school used? Again not knocking that kid or his family, have a lot of respect for his talents and the way he carries himself like a true champion on and off the mat.

So it's not an advantage for a middle school kid to wrestle varsity and represent a school and gain that experience over someone who is not allowed? Because all that does is get them more matches and practice time which is beneficial right?

Also not once did I applaud a parent cheering for an injured kid that is absolutely disgusting.

lol Hall moved and lived there dont havebto explain anything if his dad wants to go to that extreme and live in a mobile home thats his buisness and his kid has to go to school its not a rule its a law ,Those are the rules and as for youth jr high private schools are all HS thats their problem ,

as for middle school kids competing the middle school kids going to x or wherever would have to wrestle varsity on their public school areas team duhh.Of course public schools have feeder programs its the schools that are in their area .

and you didnt compliment anyone you said kids were recruited you Lied your a liar .

As for laughing thats what im doing now with you talking about Hall whos dad went to the extreme and you applaud him yet loint fingers at him fir following rules .

Now what about all those kids at X or trinity who would be at different schools I wonder how many they come from and this ejr high club teams do not have to follow the rules if public school teams they have the advantage my kids wrestled club and had twice as many matches in ten x the states of any of their public school comp .a few hs matches would not make up dor all that not even close .

• Upvote 1

Are you saying Knable was recruited?

Not a knock at all on any of those wrestlers all outstanding.

Apology accepted.

Now what about all those kids at X or trinity who would be at different schools I wonder how many they come from and this ejr high club teams do not have to follow the rules if public school teams they have the advantage my kids wrestled club and had twice as many matches in ten x the states of any of their public school comp .a few hs matches would not make up dor all that not even close .

Why would they be at different schools? Because you have the freedom to choose between going to a public or private school? Not that one is better than the other, but maybe their parents felt one was better suited for their child as opposed to the other option based on their location and visa versa. And so it's not an advantage per say a Harrison Courtney to wrestle at state 6x as opposed to 4? Again not knocking Harrison for his accomplishments he was/is an outstanding wrestler.

Also, in the last 15 years 11 state titles have been won by a public school, and we can go further back if you'd like to but feel that is unneccessary. This is a sport in the state of KENTUCKY that is DOMINATED by public schools that are at a "disadvantage"

I think you may be talking about the wrong schools recruiting (Union - Carr, Blackwell. Woodford- Carr. Ryle- Mark Hall. CC- Myers brothers, not to mention they wrestled varsity for one school then midseason started wrestling for CC. Just to name a few) Not a knock at all on any of those wrestlers all outstanding. Most of the kids that wrestle at StX come up through the River City program, which they are not allowed to compete varsity unlike the public schools.Huge advantage to public schools. And there are quite a few wrestlers who wrestle river city but choose to attend else where. Also there are a large amount of students that attend from across the river that do not participate in athletics. February is here goodluck too all

Like CH said the Myers boys were not recruited by CC. You might want to check your facts on that one.

Facts can be an issue.  Assuming is easy, but actually getting the facts takes some work.  I have enjoyed the privilege of teaching/coaching at both public and privates schools.  Being a public school guy all my life, I was actually surprised by some of the shared struggles of the students in both settings. (I guess I stereotyped private school kids and was mistaken.)  The bottom line is that there is recruiting among public and private schools.  One of the major differences is that one has to move into a district and the other does not.  Some have transferred in during the wrestling season and transferred out when it is done.  Some have parents who are given jobs so their kid can wrestle for a particular program.  Others have been offered scholarships and free tuition.  The programs who have done these things is up for debate.  But I, for one, do not want to be guilty of assuming programs/coaches are involved in this activity without facts.  Not rumor...facts.   

Everyone recruits! You're not an attentive HS coach if you're not watching middle school kids with potential and inquiring about their HS intentions. There are MS programs where kids can choose from a few public high schools to attend. Yes, some MS programs feed directly into the HS...but not all. As for private schools, if a kid comes in and plays a sport that school can't give more than 25% in tuition assistance. Scholarships and free tuition don't exist after 25% unless kid is going there only for education and no athletics.

• Upvote 1

I personally couldn't care less if any school recruited, but to say that schools (private or public) don't recruit is fantasy. If a young person is particularly gifted at a sport and a different school gave them a better opportunity for the next level, then I don't begrudge the parent at all for making the move.  Similarly if a student wanted to transfer schools because the math department was better, then I would be supportive of that also.  People will compain it isn't fair...who ever promised anybody fair?  I think the only thing that should be taken into consideration is size of school.  For example, there is a particular school where I grew up that dominates the state in football but is not in the largest school division because total enrollment is only about 1,000 students.  Well those 1,000 students happen to be 100% male, whereas the public schools with similar enrollment are about 50% male population.  Beyond that, I really don't care.  This is like saying it isn't fair because some geographic areas have better youth programs...well...develop a better youth program.

Just curious about over lapping area's such as Newport is in Campbell Co. could kid attend either? or North Oldham or Oldham Co.?

Newport has its own school district lines from my understanding so you have to live in district lines or pay tuition I am pretty sure.

How can you say Woodford recruited Carr? His uncle/cousin were the coaches. He came to KY because he could compete while still in MS and left, just like Hall. Where else would he have gone? I don't think family involvement falls under recruiting.

There are not that many lrivate schools in KY (thank god seeing as how many of their fans act not just one )the fact that they do not or have not dominated must have to do with how they do things but percentage wise I think they are waay ahead .

Now if theres anyone really dumb enough in KY to think that private schools do not have a huuuuge advantage drawing kids from all over rather than a certain area and getting all the best kids wanting to be on thr same team and obviously some rude @&& stuck up parents wanting some prima donnas on a winning team you deserve every old dumb redneck stereotype out their ,As for public schools people do move and if they move for sports so be it ,Personally and honestly when my family left grant co of course we looked at where and who they would wrestle for we were going to move for either ryle or CC , We went to their dual and Ryle actually won so it wasnt really the sport ,Both coaches I think were worried about the drama ,and wether anyone says it or not ,I have NEVER interfered or caused any drama at CC and no knocking anyone I would like nothing more than to walk on the floor and coach my sons like I always did from kindergarten to HS but I do not and many dads do .I grew up in CC my friends and family are there ,my kids and I were BORN there but if some dufus at a private school wants to say my kids were recruited and some people are dumb enough to believe it I guess it doesnt really matter .

Now look at all the best teams across the nation and then come back and say how private schools have no advantage.

I have no idea if Knable was recruited, but I do know he was not a resident in Kentucky when he attended St. X.

And that matters if a family is seeking a better education for their son and it happens to be offered across a state line?

You cannot live in Newport and go to CC without tuition .there are or used to be some shady areas where some kids went to CC some went to Newpt and others to highlands in Southgate Ky depending on what street you lived on.

Of course .A kid living in one state and going to school and competing in another Thats a big time no no and the worst recruiting imaginable .

If a school offers academic programs that a family wants their child to be involved in, and they choose to send their child to that school as a result, it is not recruiting.  The school did not pursue the child, the family pursued the school due to their curriculum.  Sometimes families choose schools based on academics and not athletics.

You live in one state and go to school in another and this is a wrestling site a sports site lol and this person is being discussed because of achievement in sports if you do not see the irony in that you have real issues ,So a school cam have kids from anywhere even other states wich is against most states rules and some of you say its fair or equal competition with public school s,Thats insane .private schools should have to go by the same rules as public schools and have borders and if not they should have to compete against each other as I said you even have kids jumping from private school to private school lol but you do not recruit and offering free scholarship for athletes should be an instant rule violation .

And they are all Guilty as can be.

One factor parents and students might choose to go to some of the private schools is their Religious affiliation.  There are not very many Catholic High Schools.  Other reasons are the curriculum,and discipline both of these matters have historically had higher standards than most public schools.  Also wrestling is not a sport at every public school nor is academic  team. Hence, if parents have a kid that wants to participate in a particular extracurricular activity/ enriched learning environment and are faced with having to pay tuition most will choose Private. 

Sign in to follow this