Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2015 State Duals Info

Excuses are for losers and do nothing but prevent your next generation from being successful. St. X wins in every category, every HS sport, education, and most importantly in LIFE. I try to stay silent but just can't after reading this thread and most threads that seem to be monopolized by one individual that seems to live vicariously through his children. It's obvious that this said individual has never accomplished anything in his life that wasn't earned by his children. I saw a different duel this weekend than said individual saw as I paid attention to our 'team' and not just my son. See, the reason that we win is that we put the team before ourselves, or in your case, 'your kids'. We win because we sacrifice a single persons pride for the betterment of the TEAM. This is obviously something that a simple minded person, or to put it not so nicely, life losers, will never understand... And that is the difference between winners and losers.

Oh and while we are on topic... Loses by injury didn't happen this weekend. What happened is a Junior wrestler ranked 4th... per the state rankings... Which I will never understand but at the end of the day doesn't really matter... But, your ranked kid was getting his ass handed to him by an unranked freshman and quit in the middle of the match after getting out pointed and almost turned twice untilI the kid QUIT mid match. He was not injured, he was beat and his pride was hurt. You will never see an X man quit because he is beat... Because we teach our boys that life is a journey and the true test of a man is how he reacts to loses, how he rebounds and continues to press forward. We win, that's what we do, and that's why the rest of the state hates us. Oh, and more importantly when we do lose, as everyone does, we stay humble, congratulate the opponent, and go back to the drawing board and learn from our loses. That my friend is the difference between losers and winners in LIFE!

This post is dripping with humility, then again I guess you are stating you stay humble, congratulate the opponent after losses.  Apparently after wins the standard doesn't apply.  No I am not from CC.  I'm just a fan that supports a team that has barely any wrestlers, but love the sport.

Yeah me too kid was seriously hurt ,and All the CC fans and people heard the trash talk and yelling from the x fans ,just like the trash talk on this site about him .

I have seen him win and lose good and bad days .no way he would have gave up an extra 3 team points without being hurt seconds left only down by 1 and on bottom and wrestling a kid he has beaten before and like the $($)&) piece of $_@_@ said he was ranked higher because he was straight up better than .Most classless bunch of trash fans I have ever seen in any sport .Not the kids faults I know and I always talk to the x kids when I can and tell them good match or congrats and Lampe is one of my favorite wrestlers ,But some of the x fans are the worst I have ever seen .cheering when a kid was hurt in front of the whole state thats pathetic ,then coming on a forum and bashing him what a bunch of ignorant wannabees

Well...

I cannot say I disagree with X bumping Lampe to wrestle Frankrone because I do not know the background....what has been happening in their wrestling room...or what the coaches may know about the situation that I do not.  Coaches take different approaches to their programs and I cannot say one is right and one is wrong.  Some emphasize the individual accomplishments and others the team aspect.  Personally, I like the team aspect.  Every year there is only one wrestler in each class that attains the ultimate goal in state...the state championship.  That means every one of the other 31 wrestlers in a class will have to deal with defeat.  How does the loser respond?  If too much emphasis is placed on the individual goal, what happens when that athlete loses?  (I am not suggesting we prepare for failure...I hate losing, but athletes need to understand there is more than individual glory.)  We have all seen great wrestlers lose in the winners brackets and lay down in the consos.  Are they willing to overcome their personal disappoint for the good of the group?   Are they willing to overlook their personal failure so the team can succeed?  Teams have lost state titles because individuals have quit on their teams. 

For the rest of their lives these young men will be part of a team.  A family, a business, a church, etc.  Will they place their personal aspirations above those of their wives and children?  The life lessons they learn as a member of a team are invaluable.  These boys will live much longer than they will wrestle.  Each coach chooses his own approach.  And I do not know if bumping Lampe made a difference in the outcome of the dual or not.  But a question to ask is this..."Am I willing to give up my undefeated record in the regular season so that my team can win a Dual State Championship?" 

• Upvote 1

Never see an X man quit hahahah you read too many comics ,I think one Or two X men have quit and went on to do better elsewhere .

Of course your humble when you lose you get the advantage of stealing kids from all over and wrestling teams that can only use whats in their district ,In the big leauge of private school teams X isnt even a blimp on the radar .preaching all your private school mumbo jumbo about teaching life lessons then blasting a kid who is hurt at the match and on a forum and then talking yourself up for it .Newsflash mr private school holier and better than thou art poster boy ,Your team got smoked by a small school with fans like CC that would never openly cheer a kid getting Hurt ,I may be a big pain in the butt bragger and often times stir up some talk to kill the boredom but never would I knock a kid who was actually hurt and I would be blasting anyone from CC who openly did as well.you have some issues with your fans at your school and obviously its fine with the majority there .You epitomize the stereotype that hurts all private schools .

Have to say hope anyone wins but you whack jobs .

I agree if his team won because of the move perhaps ,I also know a coach should know it can backfire and Lampe as good as he is is not a physical specimen for his weight and is already injured ,You going to risk one of the best wrestlers in the state duiring his sr yr when hes hurt already bumping against Frankrone ,Unless he wanted the match himself wich I would say hes a beast for I would nkt have done it even for a state dual title ,Probably not even if it was for Lampe ,You dont throw your top dog to the wolves for a gamble .Frankrone throws Lampe on that shoulder one good time and his HS yr and possibly scholarship is done ,Yeah real great team there BOOBY MILES .

Excuses are for losers and do nothing but prevent your next generation from being successful. St. X wins in every category, every HS sport, education, and most importantly in LIFE. I try to stay silent but just can't after reading this thread and most threads that seem to be monopolized by one individual that seems to live vicariously through his children. It's obvious that this said individual has never accomplished anything in his life that wasn't earned by his children. I saw a different duel this weekend than said individual saw as I paid attention to our 'team' and not just my son. See, the reason that we win is that we put the team before ourselves, or in your case, 'your kids'. We win because we sacrifice a single persons pride for the betterment of the TEAM. This is obviously something that a simple minded person, or to put it not so nicely, life losers, will never understand... And that is the difference between winners and losers.

Oh and while we are on topic... Loses by injury didn't happen this weekend. What happened is a Junior wrestler ranked 4th... per the state rankings... Which I will never understand but at the end of the day doesn't really matter... But, your ranked kid was getting his ass handed to him by an unranked freshman and quit in the middle of the match after getting out pointed and almost turned twice untilI the kid QUIT mid match. He was not injured, he was beat and his pride was hurt. You will never see an X man quit because he is beat... Because we teach our boys that life is a journey and the true test of a man is how he reacts to loses, how he rebounds and continues to press forward. We win, that's what we do, and that's why the rest of the state hates us. Oh, and more importantly when we do lose, as everyone does, we stay humble, congratulate the opponent, and go back to the drawing board and learn from our loses. That my friend is the difference between losers and winners in LIFE!

I am going to go with B10grapple on this one...not the most humble post.  Those types of posts contribute to the "hatred" that you say the state has for X. 

Let's remember that we are talking about 14-18 year old kids.  Regardless of size, strength or skill...these are just kids.  To accuse an athlete of faking an injury is dangerous.  We have all seen kids use "injury time" as nothing more than "tired time."  And we have seen kids yell out when going to their backs just to get up and win the match with no apparent injury.  I know this can be frustrating...I have been there more than I would like to admit.  But how do you know for a fact that the kid you are referring to was not injured?  He might have been wrestling with an injury and aggravated it during the match.  He might have been competing while injured to help his team and it just got to the point where he could not go on.  Let's not attack the kid.  If you do not know the facts...then you are assuming...and assumptions are often wrong.

• Upvote 1

I agree if his team won because of the move perhaps ,I also know a coach should know it can backfire and Lampe as good as he is is not a physical specimen for his weight and is already injured ,You going to risk one of the best wrestlers in the state duiring his sr yr when hes hurt already bumping against Frankrone ,Unless he wanted the match himself wich I would say hes a beast for I would nkt have done it even for a state dual title ,Probably not even if it was for Lampe ,You dont throw your top dog to the wolves for a gamble .Frankrone throws Lampe on that shoulder one good time and his HS yr and possibly scholarship is done ,Yeah real great team there BOOBY MILES .

No need to call names Crazyhorse...

As I said, I do not know the entire background, nor do you.  And I would never suggest bumping a kid if he could be injured.  (Of course, anytime you step on the mat there is the risk of injury.)  But there is some background to consider.  X and Trinity wrestled the Thursday night before the State Duals and there was some bumping of weight classes.  Even with the loss by Lampe, his moving may have kept Trinity from bumping Frankrone to give them an advantage in the dual.  Even his loss could have resulted in a victory.  Lampe and Frankrone have wrestled each other for years.  They grew up in the River City program and even wrestled with one another during Frankrone's freshmen year at X.  (In the scrimmage this year as well.)  They are familiar with one another and their styles, therefore, Lampe knows what to stay away from in that setting.  His coaches would also know how the two matched up considering that past history and their wrestling everyday with each other in the past.  I am certain they would not have put Lampe on the mat if they thought there was any significant threat of injury or if they felt he was too far over his head.  Which he was obviously not.        

• Upvote 1

I would not call Lampe a dog and Frankrone a wolf.

Whoa, whoa, whoa can't we all just get along. :)

• Krebs is a good wrestler, a good kid and if I am not mistaken had a previous shoulder injury. (Thought I heard this could be wrong.)
  • Always represented himself with class, has good family and always gave my wrestling interest (From River City / X) good competition.
  • I saw the shoulder, looked pretty bad from where I was at. Didn't think anybody was faking. From a father that paid for labrum surgery this summer, better err on the side of caution. 
  • Was I happy about some in the X crowd's reaction? No. But , heat of the moment gets the best of people sometime. No excuses for it, I was embarrassed, especially when Mr. Krebs looked up our way.  
  • Don't paint all X parents fans with a broad brush, see my aforementioned comments, and anything I ever post if you have any questions. 
  • Upvote 2

Whoa, whoa, whoa can't we all just get along. :)

• Krebs is a good wrestler, a good kid and if I am not mistaken had a previous shoulder injury. (Thought I heard this could be wrong.)
  • Always represented himself with class, has good family and always gave my wrestling interest (From River City / X) good competition.
  • I saw the shoulder, looked pretty bad from where I was at. Didn't think anybody was faking. From a father that paid for labrum surgery this summer, better err on the side of caution. 
  • Was I happy about some in the X crowd's reaction? No. But , heat of the moment gets the best of people sometime. No excuses for it, I was embarrassed, especially when Mr. Krebs looked up our way.  
  • Don't paint all X parents fans with a broad brush, see my aforementioned comments, and anything I ever post if you have any questions. 

Great post Granby.  I think we could all agree that every fan base has a parent on two, or more, who have said or done something in the heat of battle that they later regretted.

I would not call Lampe a dog and Frankrone a wolf.

I do not think that was his intention.

Well I have called people names today but not in the post you quoted and if you back to my first post I said the same thing that it might have contributed to the win ,My first post I went over it and said I did not know .But after the bs and im not putting anyones Injuries out there because thats an x fan move Lampe was wearing that shoulder brace for a reason and it was not to look cool ,try to protect a teams image all you want I like the boy always have I talked to him way before that match ,I would not have done it wrestling defensive against a stronger opponent your more likely to be hurt batshit crazy idea dumb inconsiderate and unintligent ,Spin a nice story all you want about old teammates or whatever .

No I meant I wouldnt throw my dog to the wolves ,Compliment to both in my world ,Frankone is a big bad wolf and Lampe is Xs big Dog ,exactly what I posted is what I meant .And I talked to lampe he has some minor injury issues ,I would not have risked him .

• Upvote 1

Well I have called people names today but not in the post you quoted and if you back to my first post I said the same thing that it might have contributed to the win ,My first post I went over it and said I did not know .But after the bs and im not putting anyones Injuries out there because thats an x fan move Lampe was wearing that shoulder brace for a reason and it was not to look cool ,try to protect a teams image all you want I like the boy always have I talked to him way before that match ,I would not have done it wrestling defensive against a stronger opponent your more likely to be hurt batshit crazy idea dumb inconsiderate and unintligent ,Spin a nice story all you want about old teammates or whatever .

Gotcha...I know who Booby Miles is.

Lampe is not a former teammate, but a good kid.  And if you notice, I noted how poorly one of the X posters commented on the Krebs match...not as an X homer.  Just a fan of the sport making an observation.  Just happening to see it differently, but could change my opinion with more information.  Merely looking at all the options.

• Upvote 1

Obviously I do not have a distatste for everyone at any school I have great admiration for Lampe as all my posts have shown this yr .I doubt he needed any lessons in losing or humility hes a warrior ,And congrats to HIM if his sacrifice paid off on the other hand nice job X for sacrificing and risking your best wrestler right up there with the well more than one of your fans who yelled at an obviously hurt wrestler whos win would have sealed your fate in the Duals.

You are so off based with the kid "faking" his injury. Maybe you should do a little research before posting such nonsense. The kid actually DID hurt his shoulder and there was no faking. Also, the kid you are talking about would never quit and from understanding the trainer said no more for the kid not him.

True. I'm pretty sure ai saw the trainer telling him he was done. They did in fact promptly leave the tournament and go to the hospital to get checked.

502, shame on you for attacking that kid like that. Your insults being vaguely aimed at a school strongly indicate you think the wrestler quit because he was losing. That's a pretty big person to attack a kids ethics like that. You want to talk TEAM? Without that injury default there's a good chance X loses that dual. You only won by 3. And in fact, the CC wrestler was winning handily until he hurt his shoulder, then tried to fight through it and hurt it again. Come on man. Coming from a Catholic school myself, your post attacking that wrestler isn't helping the bad taste many have for Catholics or private schools.

Obviously I do not have a distatste for everyone at any school I have great admiration for Lampe as all my posts have shown this yr .I doubt he needed any lessons in losing or humility hes a warrior ,And congrats to HIM if his sacrifice paid off on the other hand nice job X for sacrificing and risking your best wrestler right up there with the well more than one of your fans who yelled at an obviously hurt wrestler whos win would have sealed your fate in the Duals.

I don't think the guy was taking up for STX.  Just talking some wrestling.

I didnt say anthing negative to him ,but anyone who knows me knows I would be the first to knock anyone from cc that acted thay way or talked smack about a kid being hurt ,I mean if I was a real jerk rather than say thats part of the sport and a few thing this way or that and either team wins a number of ways ,I would have said enjoy your cheap win off an injury and good thing none of tbose ignorant rednecks yelling trash at a kid whos shoulder was obviously out of socket have anything significantly to do with the sport and thats the highlight of their yr yelling at a hurt kid who beat them ready this yr .but I didnt say that first because there may be a few with some morals at X but I didnt see anyone in their stands tell the trash in green to shut up either

Crazyhorse you misunderstood me.  When I said 8798 wasn't taking up for STX, I meant in their coaching decision with Lampe and Frankrone. 

Here you said he's trying to protect the teams (STX) image and put a nice spin on the story as an old teammate.  Obviously not, he ripped 502 for attacking Krebs injury.

I have never posted on here or anywhere before. Not my character. 502 if you have a son or daughter. I hope you never have to end a day the way I did, Saturday. My son Brad Krebs was hurt. He dislocated his shoulder. He may or may not wrestle at regions. We hope the Dr. will release him. I was raised catholic. Left catholic school after 6th grade. It appears I made a wise decision. Because I can honestly say I never cheer when a competitor gets hurt. By the way your fans acted. I can say I think most our fans and wrestlers have already won. We have won the game of LIFE. I have been around wrestling for 32 years. Very seldom do you see people cheer when someone gets hurt. Please don't answer this response. For one day you will meet your GOD, so please take any time and use it for thinking of that response. As for Brads character, ask him anything you would like. Any one that knows him, knows he don't just quit. As for ranked 4th. Rankings mean nothing ! Thats why people and teams compete. I never have put much in them ask anyone who knows me. Its just another wrestler in a singlet, is what I teach. If my grammar is bad in this I'm sorry. Very upset right now.    

• Upvote 1

Mr. Krebs, all I can say is I am sorry.  I obviously misspoke and am man enough to admit when I am wrong.  The point that I was trying to make obviously was misconstrued in my typed words via my pride and ego taking over.  I will pray for your son and his recovery.  I was wrong and apologize for my unfortunate error in judgement.  It will never happen again.  Wrestling is an amazing sport and like all sports today sometimes gets ruined by the parents pride and ego.  I have always tried to not let that get in the way of my kids athletic accomplishments but have obviously failed in this particular situation.  Lesson learned.  Again, I sincerely hope and pray that Brad recovers and competes in the state tournament that I know he has worked so hard for. 

• Upvote 2

yeah I feel bad too, An x guy came up to me and said hey that was a good dual and I snubbed him just walked away ,he was being legit but me being a sore loser I was extra ticked at some hecklers its all good there are good and bad everywhere but I have never seen that at a wrestling meet EVER .

• Upvote 2

Gymnast126...

I was sitting with Crazyhorse and I SWEAR I said "I think he dislocated it". It just looked like that. Kudos to him because I snow it stopped once, and he went back at it until it was stopped again. Here's praying he'll make it back for regionals. My own son had a serious back injury once when wrestling. Hard to see injuries happen to ANY wrestler. Godspeed to any of these young men.

Mr. Krebs I hope Brad is Ok ,I have only seen good things from him in the short times I have been around him.I know it must have been brutal for you  to hear that someone would say he faked an injury when you see your son hurting.I watched when AJ snapped his arm and believe me I would never wish that on anyone, and if someone would have laughed or said something out of line at the time, well someone else will be hurt either me or them. I commend 502 for what seems to be a sincere apology but people should really know the facts before going on a rant.Good luck to a speedy return Brad.

Sign in to follow this