Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2015 State Duals Info

So we send this thing to the far western reaches of the state and if the teams are not live scoring their own results we as fans have no way of knowing what the heck is happening.  Way to F this one up coaches association.  Why even build the event in track if you were not going to keep it updated.

Congrats to whatever teams finished where!  

Looks like we will find out tomorrow how this whole thing played out.

So we send this thing to the far western reaches of the state and if the teams are not live scoring their own results we as fans have no way of knowing what the heck is happening.  Way to F this one up coaches association.  Why even build the event in track if you were not going to keep it updated.

Congrats to whatever teams finished where!  

Looks like we will find out tomorrow how this whole thing played out.

I have to second this sentiment this was a sad day for the fans.

Very exciting Duals ,hated to see some of them decided by injury but thats the nature of the sport ,

Observations , SOME CLOSE DUALS some interesting match ups that really were not as interesting as people expected ,Some coaches played the bump n move game and it failed horribly like with Fern creek,It worked wonderfully for CC and would have actually changed the outcome of the dual minus an injury .Didnt work for X although they still won or perhaps it did I did not see their 170 match ,Bumping Lampe with 0 losses to wrestle Frankone was a bit puzzling Lampe already a bit thin and under muscled bumping to wrestle a strong and talented Frankrone made no sense at all ,Frankrone got ahead and shut down and won a bad bad choice and a not so cool thing to do to one of the best kids in the state his sr yr and any reasoning behind it is wrong very surprising choice of course maybe it was key in the win who knows.X bumped him for Frankone but not Mathews was strange as well perhaps it came down to match ups ,CC get some upsets on x to look like they have it

then X gets some upsets on CC and an inj def finishes them off ,Didnt see a lot of Union but I did see the slam ,Stinks for kids record to go down with a slam but that is also part of the game if you go for it you have to be able to control it and cant get carried away with it ,sometimes its almost a negative because you do all the work and can never go full out for fear of hurting someone and knowing the refs are right there and their constant warnings are unwarranted and play into the match at times they should be silent in the middle of a kid hitting a move yelling at them is very annoying and more distracting than helpful.

And you cant pin a kid with both his shoulders off the mat lol not whining but a ref tells me they went off the mat but pulled him back in ??? well if they wentboff WHY didnt you call them out ,?? still you cant call a pin with the shoulders out ,Not whinning at all dont get put on your back and you wont get pinned I would say myself.

CC would have had an interesting dual with Union the moves they made would have been made for some big match ups they would have switched Their heavy and 220 for an Austin Raynell match up that could have worked or backfired a number of ways no one will ever known.Good luck to Raynell at state though didnt want to see two ky Fargo teammates and friends go at it anyway ,

Missed the Newport Harrison Co brew hahaha ,What happened ? who got ejected ? and who lost team points ? because I heard some Crazy Stories .

What happened to Heidorf he looked Dazed and confused Duiring one match ,must have bumped his head ,

Got to talk to a lot of coaches ,very enjoyable just talking about the sport their team our team their boys and mine and matches going on there ,Great people in Kentucky minus the ones cheering and heckling a kid dislocating his shoulder .

Best of luck to so many good coaches and kids , fun going over old matches and tourneys like youth state way back when .

The groundskeeper said union was trying to get the state tournament there ,it was a decent venue and everything went fairly smooth with some scoring timeclock and time issues but I dont think it would be to everyones benefit to have the state tourney there ,Duals once in a while may be ok ,Congrats to X and particularly to Union well done

ATM takes the Cake and everyone leaves with a smile for the most part with thoughts of regions and state and work to be done still ahead .

502 lets not overreact.  St X does well because they choose the best.  Not complaining (to much) it is what it is.  However I hold those schools, that have to coach/teach everyone regardless of talent education or discipline problems, in high regard.  In other words those that are not the chosen.  

Its easy to make great chicken salad when your given good chicken to make it out of.  Try making chicken salad out of chicken sh** like many of the public schools have to do.  If you can accomplish that then that is a real accomplishment.  

Don't get me wrong I admire and respect what X has done in the last 10 years. But lets not go overboard with the accomplishments.  Its sort of when the media says that the U.S. education if falling in the world standings.  What they don't tell you is that in almost all other countries scores are from the elite of their youth, not every single kid like in the U.S.  Which still has the best education from top to bottom.  X has not bottom because those kids are turned away from the school.  

I am not defending CH just standing up for the underdog here.  I'm not real happy how he targets X either, but speaks the truth in many instances in his own round about way.  

502 that wrestler was winning untill he hurt his shoulder I have seen kida fake it he did not and would not .You just showed how classless you really are like those heckling the kid and yelling at him from your piece of trash section you ingrate ,I complemented X and said it could have went either way with a twist or turn .

You saying a kid down by a point with under forty sec left who forfeited on Inj and gave up 6 instead of three didnt change the match ,and then say he was faking your garbage no doubt about it ,Your trash your fans are trash and your sports are weak at best ,No one from there impressed me if you want the truth and as for your knocks on someone making posts about wrestling who knows more about it than you and who obviously makes better wrestlers than your trash talking no class private school recruiting team with no honor whatsoever fans ,Get real I would never cheer or yell when a kid was hurt and if any man or woman cheered when my son was hurt they would have a bigger hospital bill than my son guaranteed .

Now I dont really care about playing nice with you trash I dont have to once you do and say ignorant stuff and blast on good kids who are and were hurt ,Actually is that the best the best private school in ky can do ,what a joke moms from st whatever screaming and cussing in stands like the lowest of trash at matches and yelling derogatory comments at kids who are hurt .St x more like triple X

And st x dont win crap in no category what are you smoking down there you arrogant redneck

And my ranked kid would school your whole team your coaches and anyone who has ever been on your overrated wrestler stealing team ,He knew more about wrestling than anyone and everyone combined In the history of your fairy tale school before he entered the eigth grade .and I could coach a barell of monkeys that could skunk your team .

Excuses are for losers and do nothing but prevent your next generation from being successful. St. X wins in every category, every HS sport, education, and most importantly in LIFE. I try to stay silent but just can't after reading this thread and most threads that seem to be monopolized by one individual that seems to live vicariously through his children. It's obvious that this said individual has never accomplished anything in his life that wasn't earned by his children. I saw a different duel this weekend than said individual saw as I paid attention to our 'team' and not just my son. See, the reason that we win is that we put the team before ourselves, or in your case, 'your kids'. We win because we sacrifice a single persons pride for the betterment of the TEAM. This is obviously something that a simple minded person, or to put it not so nicely, life losers, will never understand... And that is the difference between winners and losers.

Oh and while we are on topic... Loses by injury didn't happen this weekend. What happened is a Junior wrestler ranked 4th... per the state rankings... Which I will never understand but at the end of the day doesn't really matter... But, your ranked kid was getting his ass handed to him by an unranked freshman and quit in the middle of the match after getting out pointed and almost turned twice untilI the kid QUIT mid match. He was not injured, he was beat and his pride was hurt. You will never see an X man quit because he is beat... Because we teach our boys that life is a journey and the true test of a man is how he reacts to loses, how he rebounds and continues to press forward. We win, that's what we do, and that's why the rest of the state hates us. Oh, and more importantly when we do lose, as everyone does, we stay humble, congratulate the opponent, and go back to the drawing board and learn from our loses. That my friend is the difference between losers and winners in LIFE!

You are so off based with the kid "faking" his injury. Maybe you should do a little research before posting such nonsense. The kid actually DID hurt his shoulder and there was no faking. Also, the kid you are talking about would never quit and from understanding the trainer said no more for the kid not him.

Sign in to follow this