Sign in to follow this  
hardwork15

The Dragon

I have no idea why in any sport you wouldn't strive to get the 2 best in the finals.So how would people like to see say UK vs Duke or Virginia in the second round.it is beyond logical thinking to me.I know if my son or his teammates are eliminated from the tournament the next thing i ask myself IS IT WORTH STAYING LATE FOR THE FINALS. If it is some great matchups my answer is usually yes.I am sure the KHSAA wants more people there for the money,so i really don't understand why they wouldn't want to make more money and maybe draw in a few more spectators so the sport could grow

It is a frustrating situation with the non-seeding of our Ky State tournament. All of the ideas from the posts above would solve the issue. I don't see that happening in KY,  it is sad but true.  Ultimately there is a FINALS match at every state tourney in the quarters or semis. What weight will it be this year?  Somebody's boy who worked their can off all year long may be third, period. SEED THIS THING

Well on another note about the Dragon,from the listings i pulled up on track it has Bobby poynter listed at 132.That will definitely make that one of the toughest wt.classes

Looks like they seed the top four and random drew everyone else?

Are these brackets final?

If so, wow is all I can say.

I'm not a fan of how this tournament was seeded. I'm wondering if they had a committee or a meeting. The Dragon debacle of three years ago comes to mind.

I see a JV kid with a higher WP, that was most likely all JV, seeded in top 3, above varsity wrestlers with much more wins, but I guess not win percent.

I see a kid that was a State Placer last year, one of only four in the bracket, 2nd at the Rumble, 3rd at Mater Dei and just won JCTOC by Tech Fall seeded LAST, while wrestlers with losing records are 5 places in front of him. That one is pretty much a joke.

Not sure I get it. Aren't these things supposed to be setup to get the best matches in the semi's, not the first round.

I see a JV kid with a higher WP, that was most likely all JV, seeded in top 3, above varsity wrestlers with much more wins, but I guess not win percent.

I see a kid that was a State Placer last year, one of only four in the bracket, 2nd at the Rumble, 3rd at Mater Dei and just won JCTOC by Tech Fall seeded LAST, while wrestlers with losing records are 5 places in front of him. That one is pretty much a joke.

Not sure I get it. Aren't these things supposed to be setup to get the best matches in the semi's, not the first round.

This same thing happened three years ago and some teams quit going to this tournament as a result of the 3-4 hours spent re-seeding the tournament. Somebody messed up, it may not be South Oldham's fault but this is crazy. Cream always rises, but this violates the principles of seeding and defeats the purpose.

113? Two state champs meeting in the semis

That one is pretty much a joke also. Was looking forward to seeing Vega and Hurst for all the marbles.

There is no way that these are final. You seed a tournament based on win percentage, with no discussions from coaches? I am sure that if you the coaches in a room, they would agree pretty quickly on the 1-2 for 113, and at least have them on opposite sides of the bracket.

Several of those brackets looked completely screwed up.  #9 in the state at 113 is seeded 15th.  Looks like only the top few were seeded, and everybody else was randomly drawn in.  That's a joke when only wrestling back to 5th place and allowing the semi losers to wrestle for 3rd and 4th.  A decent kid catches a bad random draw, loses a tough first match and can't finish better than 5th, and a not so good kid catches a good draw and a bye in a less than 16 man bracket and can finish 3rd or 4th.  

That one is pretty much a joke also. Was looking forward to seeing Vega and Hurst for all the marbles.

There is no way that these are final. You seed a tournament based on win percentage, with no discussions from coaches? I am sure that if you the coaches in a room, they would agree pretty quickly on the 1-2 for 113, and at least have them on opposite sides of the bracket.

It doesn't even look like winning percentage, or even head to head was considered in many cases.  Many brackets look completely random after the top 2.

Just saw that and was going to comment. Ridiculous! 113 is a joke too. There is a 0% chance of the current seeding standing. The coaches will sort this out in the morning. If they don't.........WOW!! Can't believe they would even release anything that looks that silly. Who's in charge of this tournament? The KHSAA?? Lol!

I hope you are right Coach. I would gladly sit an extra hour or so to get this fixed.

If not, gonna beg our Coach to find another option next year.

This might be the only time I ever say I wouldn't have minded staying longer at a tournament. I felt everything ran smooth one we got started and moved along nicely. But I really wish the 1st/2nd place finals matches were done one at a time. I think I may have gotten whiplash looking back and forth with so many good/great matches going on at one time. Binder and Duncan had a great match, so good that I overlooked a match with one of our own team members wrestling.

Sign in to follow this