IWIN

Anderson County 12/20

With Anderson County being out of school Thursday and Friday due to illness, will they still be able to host the tournament this weekend?

Any response would be greatly appreciated, in case an alternate plan needs to be made. Thanks.

An email went out on the listserv yesterday that the tournament is going on as planned.

I don't care one way or another. Just don't want to have my kid worry about making scratch weight only to find out that there is a 1 or 2 pound allowance.

I don't care one way or another. Just don't want to have my kid worry about making scratch weight only to find out that there is a 1 or 2 pound allowance.

I would guess no allowance. Teams have to be notified at least 48 hours in advance if an allowance is granted.

Thanks for the info that you have provided rjs4470. I understand that there is supposed to be a 48hr notice, but we have already been to a couple of tournaments this year where we get told that there is an allowance when we show up for weigh ins. Just figured that I would try to figure it out before hand this time around.

Thanks for the info that you have provided rjs4470. I understand that there is supposed to be a 48hr notice, but we have already been to a couple of tournaments this year where we get told that there is an allowance when we show up for weigh ins. Just figured that I would try to figure it out before hand this time around.

No problem.  My team is going somewhere else this weekend, but figured I'd pass on what I'd heard.  Allowances always seem to be a sour point.  I'm not a fan of them, although for weekday, nighttime dual meets, I don't have a huge issue.