Sign in to follow this  
ˢʰᵃʷⁿ¹¹²

East Oldham Duals? 12/6/14?

It looks to be a very competitive tournament. Great job to the East Oldham staff for putting this one together. Excited about it being on trackwrestling.com too.

It's on trackwrestling.com. All you have to do is search tournaments in KY. Once you do, click in the link and it will take you to the tournament. Then click on teams and you will see a very competitive list of teams.

Gonna be along day!!!

My philosophy is this: I would rather be in the gym until 9 or 10 with great competition than drive a couple hrs each way and get out by 5 and not get what your kids needed.

Too often it's the parents who whine about these long days and not the kids. They are mad because they are missing the UK or UL game or would rather be shopping. The North Hardin MS tournament was a long long day. Not one kid of ours complained and one wrestled after midnight.

I agree Ranger no where else I would rather be. It's still gonna be a long day though.

Yeah but 5 mats should move it along pretty well. I'm sure Coach Wheeler and Coach Brown will have it all under control and rolling along.

I think this will be over by 600. Once I get all the rosters I will make mat assignments and it will give me a better idea. Last year we had about this many at Battle of the Brave. We were finished by 530 and we started about an hour late because some teams were late because it was raining so bad it

The plan for the day is to run five mats up to the medal round there will be 6 officials there so they can rotate out our plan is to run straight through with no breaks.

We will need all of the teams there on time for weighins (4 scales) so we can start on time. We will do our best to finish as early as possible.

Coach Wheeler

The tournament is full.  Coaches  can see the seeds to see if anyone was missed. The brackets are built for coaches to look over and get any corrections to us as soon as possible. As of now there are 3 wrestlers waiting to see if there are any scratches.

Brackets may change slightly and won't be Final until Sat. morning.

Big Kudos to Coach Brown and Coach Wheeler on a great tournament! Running a tournament with that many kids and teams and running and smooth as they did couldn't be done by many. I don't think it could have been ran any better!

Thanks NKY Coach 

I would like to thank all the teams that came out, Jason Brown for all his hard work and all the EAST parents that worked so hard. The day went longer than we planned looking back there were a few things we would do different next time. Overall we felt the day went well and the competition was great.

I will ask Jason to post the results.Thanks again for all those that came out.

Coach Wheeler

Results are on trackwrestling.com That's one of the benefits of track. Just search tournaments in KY and click the tournament link. All brackets and results for each match are posted along with team scores.

It was a great tournament, the only thing I would like to see different is if you are going to have brand new refs in a middle school tournament with this many tough kids. there should be a head ref babysitting the newbies. pins being called when obviously wasn't a pin, same ref giving the other kid a point before clock even started because his coach wasn't there which is hard to ask teams with only 2 coaches and wrestlers in 2 different areas wrestling hard to ask of anyone. other than that great tournament.

It was a great tournament, the only thing I would like to see different is if you are going to have brand new refs in a middle school tournament with this many tough kids. there should be a head ref babysitting the newbies. pins being called when obviously wasn't a pin, same ref giving the other kid a point before clock even started because his coach wasn't there which is hard to ask teams with only 2 coaches and wrestlers in 2 different areas wrestling hard to ask of anyone. other than that great tournament.

Your not the only one that had a problem with that official. I have spoken to the assigner today to address the issues that happened he assured me he would be speaking with him and taking steps to correct it.

There may have been a couple of situations that they weren't great but overall they did a good job. The new refs have to start somewhere. I think the bigger problem was with the coaches who were arguing calls from there corner instead of going to the table to ask questions or maybe even take an opportunity to mentor them. I had one incorrect call after the match I showed him why it was wrong call. We have to many coaches going crazy on the new guys and they always quit so we keep having new ones. Keep in mind it is middle school regardless of the talent that was there. You can't leave it to the ref. I had a kid that was pinned and I didn't think it should have been called but my kid did get taken down and did get turned so he put his self in at situation. Great tournament Randy