Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2014/15 - NOVEMBER 25

A couple weeks into the season and this looks to be a wild and crazy year at the middle school level where anything and everything can and will happen.  A few items of note:

1) Union count had a rediculous amount of talent.  I seriously think they could send a B team that would compete for a state title.

2) 92-105 are extremely deep, particularly 98

3) Chase Yost continues to impress

4) We have to get Kadin Kulmer back on Team KY along with Bryan Pratt (Meade County) at heavy

5) After Union, the team race should be very tight from about 2-10; a lot of teams in the hunt for a trophy

WR Rankings 2014_15 Middle School Nov.pdf

Leaving a few kids off the list from Johnson County. Glad to see Joe Jackson is getting the respect but Johnson County will have a few more kids earn some respect before its all over. But overall the list looks pretty good.

Leaving a few kids off the list from Johnson County. Glad to see Joe Jackson is getting the respect but Johnson County will have a few more kids earn some respect before its all over. But overall the list looks pretty good.

It's not about respect. Just give a name and some wins and kids make the list.

It's not about respect. Just give a name and some wins and kids make the list.

I think you guys do a good job with only seeing a hand full of kids at this time. I'm just saying there will be some kids that surprise you when you see them. If their not on the list now they will be at the end of the year. There are kids from JC that has beat a number of the kids on the list. All be it last year which means nothing. But all in all the rankings are pretty good like I said.

This early in the season I would say last year is important. At least until we get enough evidence this year to suggest it doesn't matter any more. Post the names and wins so we can get this as accurate as possible.

From my understanding a lot of these tournaments were posted and filled up during the summer and there are several teams who do not know who their coach will be and cannot commit to events that early.  Its hard to get in tournaments after that.  I believe our team has 4 open weekends that we cannot get into a single event and we have a big team this year.  I guess we can always go to Johnson Co.  It would be nice to get into the same tournaments as Walton Verona, Twenhoffel, Campbell, East Oldham, Union and Woodford because those teams have the top ranked kids.  It also sucks when one of these teams commit to coming and back out for a more competitve tourney.  Its the case of mid-majors trying to play a major team, only to be left out.  Johnson Co is a major team, but no one want to drive that far unless major teams will be there and the other teams in that region are not that deep and have alot of holes.  I think there needs to be like 4 major tourneys held in different parts of the state to allow each team the opportunity to wrestle the major teams.  Last year no one knew or seen the Stafford kid from Martin Co and he placed 4th at state and is ranked #1 now.  I'm sure there are more kids out there this year like this that most will never see.  I don't have any answer to this though...just know I see alot of teams on here asking about tourneys for open dates and they cannot get in anywhere.

My point is Johnson county has good wrestlers it be nice to see them come more west.

I agree but I like the idea someone on here had last year. I don't remember who it was. But they said hold 3 major tourneys a year. One out west, one central located, and one here in the east. That way everyone would get to see everyone.

From my understanding a lot of these tournaments were posted and filled up during the summer and there are several teams who do not know who their coach will be and cannot commit to events that early. Its hard to get in tournaments after that. I believe our team has 4 open weekends that we cannot get into a single event and we have a big team this year. I guess we can always go to Johnson Co. It would be nice to get into the same tournaments as Walton Verona, Twenhoffel, Campbell, East Oldham, Union and Woodford because those teams have the top ranked kids. It also sucks when one of these teams commit to coming and back out for a more competitve tourney. Its the case of mid-majors trying to play a major team, only to be left out. Johnson Co is a major team, but no one want to drive that far unless major teams will be there and the other teams in that region are not that deep and have alot of holes. I think there needs to be like 4 major tourneys held in different parts of the state to allow each team the opportunity to wrestle the major teams. Last year no one knew or seen the Stafford kid from Martin Co and he placed 4th at state and is ranked #1 now. I'm sure there are more kids out there this year like this that most will never see. I don't have any answer to this though...just know I see alot of teams on here asking about tourneys for open dates and they cannot get in anywhere.

I agree great idea. Stafford placed 3rd behind Tucker and Gentry.

From my understanding a lot of these tournaments were posted and filled up during the summer and there are several teams who do not know who their coach will be and cannot commit to events that early. Its hard to get in tournaments after that. I believe our team has 4 open weekends that we cannot get into a single event and we have a big team this year. I guess we can always go to Johnson Co. It would be nice to get into the same tournaments as Walton Verona, Twenhoffel, Campbell, East Oldham, Union and Woodford because those teams have the top ranked kids. It also sucks when one of these teams commit to coming and back out for a more competitve tourney. Its the case of mid-majors trying to play a major team, only to be left out. Johnson Co is a major team, but no one want to drive that far unless major teams will be there and the other teams in that region are not that deep and have alot of holes. I think there needs to be like 4 major tourneys held in different parts of the state to allow each team the opportunity to wrestle the major teams. Last year no one knew or seen the Stafford kid from Martin Co and he placed 4th at state and is ranked #1 now. I'm sure there are more kids out there this year like this that most will never see. I don't have any answer to this though...just know I see alot of teams on here asking about tourneys for open dates and they cannot get in anywhere.

From my understanding a lot of these tournaments were posted and filled up during the summer and there are several teams who do not know who their coach will be and cannot commit to events that early.  Its hard to get in tournaments after that.  I believe our team has 4 open weekends that we cannot get into a single event and we have a big team this year.  I guess we can always go to Johnson Co.  It would be nice to get into the same tournaments as Walton Verona, Twenhoffel, Campbell, East Oldham, Union and Woodford because those teams have the top ranked kids.  It also sucks when one of these teams commit to coming and back out for a more competitve tourney.  Its the case of mid-majors trying to play a major team, only to be left out.  Johnson Co is a major team, but no one want to drive that far unless major teams will be there and the other teams in that region are not that deep and have alot of holes.  I think there needs to be like 4 major tourneys held in different parts of the state to allow each team the opportunity to wrestle the major teams.  Last year no one knew or seen the Stafford kid from Martin Co and he placed 4th at state and is ranked #1 now.  I'm sure there are more kids out there this year like this that most will never see.  I don't have any answer to this though...just know I see alot of teams on here asking about tourneys for open dates and they cannot get in anywhere.

That's not entirely true.  My team (Woodland) wasn't even a mid major 3 years years ago, and we've never had any trouble getting into events.  Now we are somewhat limited in travel by the distance our school board lets us travel, so a tournament in the far Eastern or Western part of the state is out of the question.  Granted we do have the advantage of attending several events in NKY, being not too far away from Louisville and being able to host 2 events ourselves, so our kids do have a chance to be seen.  I can tell you, I like it a lot better when no one knew who we were.  Rankings are nice, and I'm proud to have 6 kids currently ranked, but none of it means anything come State Tourney time.  The only rankings that count are the ones at the end of the season. 

All those teams will be at my tournament Dec 20. If you want in I will fit you in. The biggest problem I have noticed is people complain about not being able to get in the tournaments then when they have an opportunity they find a reason they can't make it.

Big tournaments around KY

North Hardin 14 Nov

Woodford 22 Nov

East Oldham 6 Dec

Union County 20 Dec

Walton Verona 3 Jan

5 big tournaments all around the state that have at least 2 if not more of the teams that you mentioned. They are all individual so you don't have to have a big team.

All those teams will be at my tournament Dec 20. If you want in I will fit you in. The biggest problem I have noticed is people complain about not being able to get in the tournaments then when they have an opportunity they find a reason they can't make it.

I agree with you on that.