Sign in to follow this  
tja

most intriguing storyline going into the season?

1. Does the same team win duals AND individual state?

2. CC, Union, Trinity, St. X, Fern Creek, Walton, Woodford?

This year the team with the least amount of asthmatics on the team could hit "pay dirt" due to venue selection of both tourneys. If Johnson Central or Wayne Co. attend state duals they will have to book flights, so the east coast to west coast will also come into play. Good luck to all in this year's Dirt Biathalon!

Have to agree ,not a very statewide Friendly site selection and giving the state champs home court for state Duals raises a few eyebrows ,Bad move as far as trying to raise the credibility of what should be a premiere event ,on the flip side everyone gets to visit the home of the state champs and take in some new sights .Cant wait to see this self proclaimed miniscule little town with one stop light ,im guessing the litl old country town angle is played up a bit .lol

1. Does the same team win duals AND individual state?

2. CC, Union, Trinity, St. X, Fern Creek, Walton, Woodford?

This year the team with the least amount of asthmatics on the team could hit "pay dirt" due to venue selection of both tourneys. If Johnson Central or Wayne Co. attend state duals they will have to book flights, so the east coast to west coast will also come into play. Good luck to all in this year's Dirt Biathalon!

Walton?  Really?

Have to agree ,not a very statewide Friendly site selection and giving the state champs home court for state Duals raises a few eyebrows ,Bad move as far as trying to raise the credibility of what should be a premiere event ,on the flip side everyone gets to visit the home of the state champs and take in some new sights .Cant wait to see this self proclaimed miniscule little town with one stop light ,im guessing the litl old country town angle is played up a bit .lol

We have 6 stop lights , all in a 2 mile line

No offense Ranger:)

Ha Ha! No offense here. I promise you this. We won't win state duals this season. Our young team has a lot of work to do to meet our own expectations over the next few seasons.

Union,Didnt Woodford lose a lot ,Walton has some studs and lost some cant see them as a team threat now,Fern Creek ???Can they outscore or beat a team like Ryle ???

6 stoplights wth thats a metropolis compared to the one stop sign dirt road town I was led to believe Union was ,Jethro has been upset because he was worried about where he was going to eat there and if there were enough out houses ,

Lol he was actually more concerned about seeing the air field lol

Ha Ha! No offense here. I promise you this. We won't win state duals this season. Our young team has a lot of work to do to meet our own expectations over the next few seasons.

Without a doubt a lot of talent.  Just don't know if there's quite enough balance or experience.  Definately could see you guys making a run in a couple years.

Frankrone vs Meiman....maybe. They may be 20 lbs apart this season.

Erdman vs. Binder vs. Duncan vs. Austin....any/all matchups. Austin was a huge 126 last year, wouldn't be surprised if 138.

Scheffer vs. Hurst....if Hurst will ever see 120 again.

Frankrone vs. Lampe...old teammates.

Dont like the other 32 Thread and I dont like feeding the Monkeys so this being a more widespread wrestling topic,

Super 32 Entrants are updated and I noticed a 3x KY Champ in at 220, on criteria other than past 32 showings he should be an easy 1 with 32 Criteria who knows im guessing a 1 or 2 .

And for any doubters of wether he can wrestle hvy he has beaten the new 1 ranked hvy on Flo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ranger, thx for the Austin update. Had no idea.....do you know where?

Also, there's gotta be some potential good match ups at 106 and 113, but not familiar with middle school kids coming up. A lot of big names gone, but KY is backfilling much better now than in years past.

Ranger, thx for the Austin update. Had no idea.....do you know where?

Also, there's gotta be some potential good match ups at 106 and 113, but not familiar with middle school kids coming up. A lot of big names gone, but KY is backfilling much better now than in years past.

Kansas I believe

Kansas I believe

Yes he is in Kansas, I've known this for a couple months but haven't had the opportunity to update Region 1 rankings in awhile. Diion Leavell is no longer at Christian County either I have been told. Two huge blows to the program, those two are tough kids

Isn't that Damian's son? If so, where did Diion go? Also, if your privy to the info, where is Damian? I haven't talked with him since HS State. I hope both are still involved with the sport. I've got nothing but respect for Coach Leavell. He has always (from high school days thru coaching) been a great person to talk to and exchange ideas with. If you can't share, PM me. If not, I'll just call him. Thanks.

Diion Leavell is still at Christian County this year. He is a stud though for sure. I got to see him when they played Caldwell County earlier this football season. I am sure he will be somewhere around 152 by wrestling season. Falcon you are definitely not keeping up with your region or your source is leaving you out in the cold. Unless Austin makes a late return from western Kansas I am positive he will will not be back for the season. Christian County has some athletes but replacing Austin will not happen for the Colonels I am sure.

Now, Fort Campbell will have a down season for sure. They will not be the team they have been the past two seasons. With the Loss of Ki Ryder and Brian Hedrick they will have a struggling season. The one thing Ft Campbell has on their side is they could get a couple ringers in that no one I knows about. They might have a couple decent guys I am sure but no major threats coming out of the Falcon team this season. What are your thoughts on the FALCONWRESTLING?

Perhaps my source was incorrect about Diion, but it was the same source for Caleb Austin, mistakes can be made and I don't fault anyone for it.

As towards your remarks concerning Fort Campbell, they are things I hear every year. "How will you replace Brandon Campbell? Thomas Campbell? Zack Bontrager? David Sahms? Ki Ryder?" Fort Campbell returns a state placer in Regaldo and three podium threats in Ryder, Haywood, and Jorstad. Ryder was not a bonus points type wrestler like say a David Sahms, so losing him really only takes away a high finisher. In fact Regaldo scored more points at the state tournament last year then Hedrick did. Going in to the state tournament last year guys like Regaldo and Hedrick weren't expect to place, Hedrick had to actually beat two wrestlers he had never beaten before. It was one of the first times in almost a decade I saw Fort Campbell actually wrestle to their potential at the state tournament and it was impressive. 

Without Austin I have Christian County third in the region with Fort Campbell second and I stick by that until results speak otherwise. If Fort Campbell wrestles at the state tournament like they did last year you won't see any drop off there either.

I think the most intriguing storyline going into the season is to see how the 'new guys' perform after last year's group of nationally recognized guys.  Fausz, Brock, Blackwell, Boston, Myers, even Carr... only ATM left.  I think Brandon Johnson could have been up there but I think he's sticking to football.  I would love to see the momentum keep going but it may be awhile before another group like that.  Who would be 'next'?  Mastrioni? Frankrone? Bindner?  Looking for names for potential D1 caliber recruits or even programs on the rise to threaten X, Campbell County, Union etc.

Frankrone,Andrioni certainly,Young Smith from Walton if he makes some gains ,Scheffer is good from what I see of his record but in person im nit sure he has the national umpfh at a HS level yet , Heidorf had he made a bit of statement at fargo would of and I think could have been at the level of last yrs studs or at least mentioned in that level ,Not sure how anyone left has placed in nat tournys as far as nhsca fargo or flo goes or who have done any in season big tourneys which seems to be a ky flaw in most schools excluding Union and the Private schools .

I've always made the point that if you want to wrestle D1 you have to wrestle outside of Kentucky. Not everyone has the time or money for that sadly, but I do think we could send more then we do. There is a lot more talent in the state then is recognized nationally.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this