Sign in to follow this  
sid's dad

About Coach Rob Waller - at Team Jones Wrestling Camp - September 12th - 14th

About Coach Rob Waller - At Team Jones Wrestling Camp - September 12 - 14th
See additional post on the upcoming Camp!

See information on Coach Rob Waller of All-American Wrestling

The Coach

· 2010 Inducted into the State University of New York at Delhi Wrestling Hall of Fame

· 2000 Selected as the Head Coach of "Team Pennsylvania" ( National Freestyle Team) for the 2nd consecutive year)

· 1999 Selected as the Head Coach of "Team Pennsylvania" (Our National Freestyle Team)

· 1999 Inducted into the Pennsylvania Wrestling Hall of Fame (based on coaching as well as wrestling accomplishments)

· 1998 Selected as the Assistant "Team Pennsylvania" National Freestyle Team Coach

· 1997 Inducted into the Western Pennsylvania Wrestling Hall of Fame

· 1984 Inducted into the National Junior College Athletic Association National Wrestling Hall of Fame

· 1978 Inducted into the National Junior College Athletic Association Region III Hall of Fame (Region III covers the Northeastern United States)

· 5 time W.P.I.A.L Section "Coach of the Year"

· 2 time W.P.I.A.L. Regional "Coach of the Year"

· 33 Team Championships in 24 years as a Head Coach at Kane Area High School (I yr.), Greensburg Salem High School (6yrs.), and Mt. Pleasant High School (17 yrs.)

· *47 PIAA State Qualifiers

· *24 PIAA State Place winners

· *10 PIAA State Runner-ups

· *3 PIAA State Champions

· 35 of my former wrestlers have competed on the college level

· CAREER COACHING RECORD: 310 Wins 93Losses 7 Ties

The Wrestler

· 1976 United States Olympic Trial Finalist at 163 lbs.

· 1973 Pennsylvania State College Conference Champion at 142 lbs.

· 1972 United States Olympic Trial Finalist at 142 lbs. (only loss was to Olympic Gold Medalist Dan Gable)

· 1970 NJCAA National Champion at 142 lbs.

· 1970 NJCAA Region III Tournament Champion at 150 lbs.

· 1969 NJCAA National Toumament-4th place at 145 lbs. "Selected as an Honorable Mention All-American

· 1969 NJCAA Region III Tournament Champion at 152 lbs. **Voted the "Outstanding Wrestler,

· 1968 3rd place in the Virginia High School State Tournament Class AAA at 145 lbs

· CAREER WRESTLING RECORD: 203 wins 23 losses 3 ties

Sign in to follow this