Sign in to follow this  
Grappler

Fargo Recap

Since my wife told me what my password was so I could respond to another thread, I now know what it is and decided to post some of my thoughts on Fargo.

First off, toughest tournament in the country bar none. There are many tournaments nowadays with National in their name. This is the mother of them all and as far as I am concerned, the true National Championships.

Joey DeLong - Wrestled his butt off every match, he was just too small. He was just as good technically as all the kids he faced, just got over powered. I had the pleasure of working with him at a few practices. One of the hardest working kids I have been around. I never had any partners that were his size and he never complained. Just kept working hard and trying to get better.

Tanner Yenter - Another kid that was small for his weight class. If you have never been to Fargo, you cannot comprehend how much weight is being cut. We took a few pounds off of Tanner and he was still small. Wrestled very well on his feet. Was the only wrestler that I saw get to the Maryland kids legs, just needs to finish quicker. Overall, not a bad tournament for a kid who is ranked 18th in Kentucky.

• Upvote 2

Good recap coach. You are allowed a few free jabs at me.

I am hopeful our numbers are better in the next few yrs. I know a few other n ky kids that have been doing some fs/gr training that are ready to test the waters. I will be working with Coach Carr to support him as he works to better coordinate our efforts.

Great recap Jay. Our continued goal With KY USAW is to motivate our KY coaches to take the leap into FS/GR so they in turn will teach more of these great styles to there teams and up their individual wrestling skills and make a better Folkstyle wrestler. In return, making more AA's for their team and Kentucky. It has been a slow process, but we are getting some great coaches onboard that have the same ideas and many suggestions.

Totally agree. If we do not get at least 10 kids from just Northern Kentucky next year. I will be disappointed and consider my efforts a failure. I see no reason we cannot achieve this goal next year.

A kid at every weight would be Awesome, or Two .A shame that some of the Best kids were led astray and chose a meaningless tournament on the same day as the required Central Regionals where they could have picked up valuable experience and made the Team ,I feel sorry for them missing out on one of the greatest experiences the sport has to offer because they decided to do an ordinary meet that no one even remembers already ,Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and will make wiser choices next time ,Fargo and the biggest tournament in the world or some ho dunk dual meet up the road ,should have been a no Brainer so glad my own son did not fall for such idiocy.

I think any experience is good experience. I guess its okay for you to bad mouth highschool kids. I'm sure everyone has their reasons for which tourny they attend. How will you feel during Ironman weekend when you keep atm at some "ho dunk " duel meet? Stand by for the rant and name calling. Keep up the good work.

• Downvote 1

No one bad mouthed any High School kids that would be your Thing trying to put down kids when they are down or take a loss when those you are involved with have done so much less and your glass house is so full of holes lol.

Your pathetic insinuation that "I "Have anything to do with my Sons schools schedule or that a kid who just doubled at Fargo and beat every High School Wrestler in the Nation he faced in the style closest to that wrestled at Iron Man not only shows your lack of knowledge of the sport but your underlying intentions to begin with .As I said why do you even bother posting on a Fargo thread your own proginey never went or did anything in those styles and obviously you are posting simply to be seen.

Someone saying they wish kids would have competed at a bigger level tournament for the experience of a lifetime rather than waste their time on a sub par dual meet up in ohio is hardly putting any High School kids down its more like a warning to wake up and smell the roses and yes kids have reasons and also have bugs in their ears pushing them in the wrong directions fir theie own ends and misinforming them along the way .

As for Iron Man I have had a son do rather well there how bout you ???

And Iron Man is some Ho Dunk Tournament To ATM he would make it look ridiculously easy and thats why they will not let him in but once again another tournament you bring up that your own kid has never even seen let alone compete in.

Didnt he lose to a wrestler at fargo who took 5th at iron man? Think about what youre saying before you put down one of the three best high school tournaments in the nation.

Yes, Sam did well at ironman. He was a stud!

Edit: did a fact check. DIXON DNP at the Ironman

you seem well informed lol you and those on the Ohio boards.Did you see the match and do you even know the differences .He also Techd a nationally ranked kid in the first period beat a multiple x nationally ranked returning AA who is a graduate headed to IND who is a multiple x ind runner up And wasnthe highest placing Hs wrestler in his class along with being the onky double AA there not that you comprehend that .and how many Iron man placers were there that failed to reach him LOL .YOU HAVE A LOT OF NERVE TRYING TO DOWN A KID WHO DID MORE LAST WEEK THAN ANY KID IN HIS CLASS CAME CLOSE TO DOING EVEN A 5 x nat champ dnp in his freestyle class.

Your states first ever Double AA and the nations soon to be first ever 4x champ at his weight and undefeated in season at that you want to play tournament and match hopscotch .Lets play Austin beat a kid twice who beat the kid who knocked a 5 x champ out of the tournament .Beat a kid who beat the #1 kid in ohio .a

And your son never won a single match in Fargo .

And he will be back again next yr.

Yes he would Humiliate the field at Iron Man and he would destroy Dixon and the Iron Man winner from last yr .One day maybe the video of The Dixon match will emerge and everyone will scratch their head as to how the kid with the only takedown and twice the offense gives up two stalling points or how a ref awards a td after the time expired but I doubt it nit that it matters he went out a winner getting in two more matches against studs one in under 20 min lol Hes the most Dominant wrestler in the nation in his class .

Keep looking in on your ohio sites wildcat ts fun watching them scramble and avoid any comparison with their own wrestlers .

Kind of like you lol

I tried so hard to stay out of this. Trying to respect the wishes of a person I respect, but I cannot. There is no conspiracy with the video. It is readily available on YouTube and I have watched it in slow motion numerous times. The clock had not expired. When Ausitn's knee hit the mat and Dixon had both legs wrapped above the knees there was one second on the clock. Everyone should check out this video, so you can see how full of BS Tyr is. Especially those of you who hold him up on some kind of pedastal. It was a good match between two evenly matched wrestlers. Enough with the excuses and blame game. So he lost a few times this past week, get over it and move on.

• Upvote 2

yes it is very close indeed maybe even a score but to award him two stalling points the second without a running clock for thirty and if im not mistaken you are not allowed to charge head down head first again a total BS match .Austin clearly had a clean td in the middle of the second period and all the offense in the match with Dixon charging head first with sec left illegal in freestyle wrestling, a joke match.

regardless you and wildcat are wannabees and

know nothing about the sport or being anywhere the level of wrestler Austin is .

Go back to the big ten basement .

A garbage ref allows a kid to charge in head first and then awards a kid a point in under 9 sec down by 2 then lets him do it again and gives him a last sec td thats a bs match .award a point with 8 sec left no running clock lol and a kid who charges like an idiot because he has been beaten the whole match

and u two are P$($/$s

• Downvote 1

looking Forward to next yr .A lot of cool matches on You tube today .Austin and Miller and Grayson an Dulaney another joke .

But its all good Looking forward to next yr even more.

would someone care to explain the match between Austin and Delaney lol they have a ref who looks like a middle school kid and he awards Delaney the Match for absolutely Nothing complete idiot.Up 6_1 with sec left no change no nothing but an imaginary leg foul ATM gets dqued lol

Wow is right with less than 20 min between matches after the Dixon match he faces Miller and if he hadnt been tired I think anyine who know him and how he wrestles would say it would have possibly been over in sec of the high crotch pin Combo .

You tube is Awesome

And Dixon not only charged head first but stepped out before the shot without a doubt .watch it.

No I wasnt doubting any kids doing a po dunk tournament I just stated the fact that they gavevup the opportunity to go to the Biggest tournament the country x 2 and yes unlike Dixon Harrington and the rest of the placers in Austins Class In freestyle He Wrestled two tournaments that week and placed because hes evidently the toughest wrestler in the nation in his class I would rather see Him double and lose second on some crap calls than come in second in one style on some gifts.

Now back to Regionals and what your fishing for.lol why would some of the better kids do a meaningless tournament up in Ohio on the same day they could have been doing Regionals in Indiana and preparing for Fargo .

Makes no sense whatsoever and it makes even less sense someone saying they are looking out for the best interest of Kentucky wrestling trying to get all of the best kids in Ky to bother with a sub par dual meet when they could represent their state at regionals and the Big Show .

Of course you wouldnt know squat about it since your kid never went to my knowledge or at least if he did no one noticed .

• Downvote 1

Ok.  Let me see if I can ride the fence and not piss off anyone. 

I was at Central Regions and officiated on Austin's mat in Greco.  I was also disappointed with the number of KY wrestlers at CR.  I can also understand that if a group of wrestlers had neither the means or the desire to go to Fargo Nationals, why not go to a lesser team tournament the same day as CR. 

As a new FS and Greco official, I can easily see the benefits of competing in these styles.  I really enjoyed learning from some of the best officials in the country.  At CR there were 3 officials that have officiated the Olympics and several others that have traveled all over the world having been selected to officiate the world games.  That being said, one of the officials on the mat in Austin's match against Dixon is one of the latter described officials and is widely considered one of the top officials in the country.  Also, all points offered by the mat official must be confirmed by either the judge or the chairman.  So, while I probably would not have offered the caution and 1 for fleeing the hold at the end of the match, it was confirmed by one of the other "garbage refs".

And before you start talking about me not knowing anything about wrestling, you are right.  I have very little knowledge about the kind of competition you have seen. 

With all of that being said.  I am glad to see more kids wrestling in the off season, weather they compete against the best competition in the nation in FS and Greco or if they just compete in the lesser tournaments in folkstyle.

• Upvote 2

I saw no caution for Dixon for charging head first or would you say that was legal as he did It quite often and would you say he stayed in bounds on the scramble before the final shot and the point he got in thr final seconds was ridiculous .

please do nit speak to me about the perfections of refs I also saw the match with delaney in greco that kid was no world class ref neither was the one on the mat he looked undesicive as hell and he allpwrd Dixon to charge head first numerous times in the end without a caution that was bs .now back to the greco may h Austin up by 5 he gets called for a leg foul and dqued when his hand never left the gd mat .So please do not stand up for all your refs seems they make numerous mistakes Explain thatbgreco match to me and butter it up real good .

Same situation with Boze and Austin Boze charging in he gets a caution for leading with the head .Different rules differnt refs .So was that kid on his mat with delaney one of the top officials in the country and you tell are you allowed to charge head first and did dixon or did he not and no way un Hell he stayed in bounds when he cirlcled austin of course it makes for a great story the big twelve finals with the come from behind victory ,Just let someone follow the same rules as everyone else .

Again Explain that Greco Match to me and show me a Leg foul that ref was a complete idiot .im sure Austin feels uncomforable ei g at Fargo Nationals and having Seventeen yr old kid Who he much more experience than reffing him . Take up for whoever you wish but do it by the book .

As for the tournament itself Central Reg I had people call my son numerous times to go do some ignorant dual meet that was meaningless trying to fill his head with Shit saying no one would be at cen reg and this dual meet was so tough lol turns out to be the opposite I think just because someone wants no part of Fargo they should not try to undermine and straight up lie about other tournaments or talk others from taking on A Challenge they do not care to Face .Finances were hardly the issue .

Oh well, I tried to not piss anyone off.  I wasn't so much trying to defend the refs on that match, rather merely offering my point of view.

First. I haven't had a chance to find the Greco match. So I can't speak to it.

I didn't say that refs were perfect.  What I was trying to say about the refs was that the chairman was about the best and most fair you are going to see. I don't know the mat official or the judge.  If a call is offered by the mat official and the judge confirms it, there is not much the chairman can do other than record the score.  He could have called for a conference, but he didn't so we don't know what he thought of the caution. Maybe he thought with only 8 seconds left that it wouldn't be an issue. If I were the judge, I would have white paddled it giving the chairman the option to do the same. That way the message would still have been made without actually giving the point.  As for the guy stepping out, it looked like the mat official was in a good position to be able to see it if it happened.  He also did not have the benefit of being able to replay it. 

I think we agree on the importance of the Central Region. Although, finances may not have been an issue for some or even most of the kids that were on the team, but for some it could have been.  And I'm glad it was an option for those not interested in Fargo.

It was a REALLY good match.  Well wrestled by Austin.  Tough break.  He handled the questionable call very well.  I think it shows that he has matured since the state finals his sophomore year.  Congrats on the future Olympian ranking.

Hey, wait a second. My kid wrestles for the team in the basement if the Big 10. Very proud of him actually and blessed. If that was directed at me for some reason. I can handle it. It's the wife you have to watch out for.

• Upvote 2

He has always been nothing but Mature and the perfect sportsman .

I see you ignored the leading with the head Charging issue all together and the greco match is on You Tube with the others .Saying a ref figured it would not matter us hardly an excuse I guess he figured Dixon charging in head down looking for anything je could get in the finals seconds breaking rules or not since he got beaten fair and square early in the match didnt matter either but it did and theres no way he stayed in .

Actually surorised Austin handled the bogus greco match as well as he sid kniwing every a hole on this side of the missisippi would put him under a microscope I might have gotten that little idiot refs name for later rendevous .That was Total BS and in surprised it was allowed to finish like rhat in bith those matches but its all good He will be back with more experience at both Cen reg and Fargo .Hopefully he gives the a holes who have done nothing in the sport remotely close to what he has done less to squawk about but who knows with refs like the one in the greco match and refs awarding bogus points and lettingbkids charge in lime idiots head first step out and score who knows .Either way as I said he would do He is A Double AA his states first and the only 220 in the country to do it this yr .

• Downvote 1

Match in review can be found above.

Please try to stop with the name calling and bad mouthing of refs, coach's and athletes. It does not represent KY wrestling and the sport in general.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly. leading with the head is a foul and he clearly did that over and over the point was BS and he clearly stepped out.

As long as people like yourself dare make claims of me hiding or running my kids when you ran your own from tournaments like the one this thread is about im sure I will make a few posts .I do thi k the ref allowed dixon to lead with his head charge and finish a shot out of bounds after awarding a point he should not have .Im so sure that The Greco Match with Delaney is available as well and its just as bad .Im sure if Austin had charged someone head first he probabky would have been cautioned then gave uo a point rather than the opposite .

NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE MATCHES in QUESTION NOW ALTHOUGH I WILL BE SURE THE OTHER ONE GETS POSTED AS WELL .

AND SORRY TO INFORM You wildcat nothing can be done about Austin being Kys first ever double AA and the only double aa in his class in the country lol and nothing can be done about him going undefeated in HS comp in season or returning to Fargo and becoming his states first ever 2x Double All American .even with crap calls and people like you crying about it and looking for flaws that do not exist .

nice video we will be seeing some more very shortly

sad a ref lets a kid tie up leading head first and just drive straight ahead without a caution thats piss poor reffing .I guess three refs didnt bother to notice he stepped out on the shot either

• Downvote 2

Sign in to follow this