Sign in to follow this  
ThirdRound

Fargo 2014 Results

Im sure he gets his AA he has always been a worker and thats what it takes he should do Greco in the regions and other tourneys even if he doesnt do it in Fargo ,its just extra mat time and experience ,

Raynel could get it done as well some of his well timed throws and some work and he could get an AA there as well .It would have been neat to see the effort that is put into Team KY NHSCA nat duals by the kids put into Fargo with a whole team of two in each weight all the best who knows what could happen.

Congrats to all that represented KY!

You should all be proud.

It is amazing to see the progress we've made in the past few years.

Special props to Austin, he is a special talent!

Get this Kentuckians ,Stats on Track in the Jr Div have Ky ranked first in Winning Percentage for Freestyle 13 wins 5 losses .722 percent .Cool

IMO, this tells quite a story. KY showed it can compete. Team points are partially a numbers game, partially a talent game. However, winning percentage is based on talent. Get the participation up and the team numbers are sure to follow.

Austins 3rd place finish in Freestyle Automatically puts him on the US kids National Team in the Jr Div.Top 3 in Folk Free and Greco qualify.

• Upvote 1

we are working already for next year. New incentive program below.

Fargo Incentive program for Cadet and Junior Team Members

Incentive will be used for the National Fargo tournament for the following year:

1st - 100%

2nd - 80%

3rd - 70%

4th - 50%

5th - 40%

6th - 30%

7th - 20%

8th - 10%

Seniors will receive a refund of what place they finish and the percent they qualify for. *This will extend to all National/Regional FS/GR USAW tournaments that Team Kentucky enters and All American status is accomplished. The highest AA accomplished will be used for both FS/GR. Rules and eligibility will be available with the team Kentucky registration and procedures.

Thanks for your support,

Keith D Smith

Kentucky USA Wrestling Chairman

(270) 351-0515

Keithsmith27@msn.com

http://www.kymat.org

http://www.facebook.com/kentuckyusawrestling

Become a member of USA Wrestling at www.usawmembership.com!

That's an outstanding idea. Whatever it takes. This years competitors did a great job. They truly made us all proud. ATM is a man! It's nice when we as a whole come together to cheer for our state, rather than just our home team. Congrats Team KY!

we are working already for next year. New incentive program below.

Fargo Incentive program for Cadet and Junior Team Members

Incentive will be used for the National Fargo tournament for the following year:

1st - 100%

2nd - 80%

3rd - 70%

4th - 50%

5th - 40%

6th - 30%

7th - 20%

8th - 10%

Seniors will receive a refund of what place they finish and the percent they qualify for. *This will extend to all National/Regional FS/GR USAW tournaments that Team Kentucky enters and All American status is accomplished. The highest AA accomplished will be used for both FS/GR. Rules and eligibility will be available with the team Kentucky registration and procedures.

Thanks for your support,

Keith D Smith

Kentucky USA Wrestling Chairman

(270) 351-0515

Keithsmith27@msn.com

http://www.kymat.org

http://www.facebook.com/kentuckyusawrestling

Become a member of USA Wrestling at www.usawmembership.com!

Has anyone checked with the KHSAA or NCAA to make sure this does not affect their amateur standing?  

Has anyone checked with the KHSAA or NCAA to make sure this does not affect their amateur standing?  

I have my concerns about this as well. A very well-intended idea though.

• Upvote 1

LOL I think its a bit ridiculous someone tries to help and the vultures start circling.

• Downvote 1

It is not a gift. KY USAW gives over $6,000 to assist the team now.

What you posted looks like it rewards the wrestlers based on placement. That is different than playing some of the expenses for the team. 

LOL I think its a bit ridiculous someone tries to help and the vultures start circling.

Your kid looks like he could get a scholarship to wrestle somewhere. If there is a chance he could lose that because he accepted money based on his placement would you want me to not say anything or do you want to be surprised after it is to late?

• Upvote 3

Thanks yeah he looks like it but who knows lol.I think any kid or parent looking at a scholarship knows you cannot get paid.

Not sure of the specifics of the plan but it sounded like and he stated reimbursement ,not pay to win or for wins either way a noble gesture already being jumped on by the mob before they had the decency to ask specifics .Anyway there are those of us who would help with whatever they can any kid in N ky who needs help training / weight training can come to my club and pick our brains free of Charge .I know a bit about Dieting as well .simply Pm me .

Good lookin out if you are sincere .But I wouldnt sweat it.

I owe ATM a few bills for his performance and an extra C note for a big comeback after a loss in Free .I am accepting Donations lol

great job Team Ky

ohio does the same thing excess money raised for or by kids goes into their funds for future use at USA tournaments !!!!

I guess they are breaking rules already

A magnificent idea actually that will help kids who are at their peak compete more and represent their sport and their State .

When I asked "Has anyone checked with the KHSAA or NCAA to make sure this does not affect their amateur standing?"   I knew what the NCAA bylaws state. It would appear that there may be a problem with that plan. I coach in Indiana and the IHSAA told us we could not do it or kids could lose their amateur standing. I figured Kentucky would have a rule kike that also. I did look it up. It also looks like it would not be allowed. That is why I asked. The responsible thing to do before putting this plan in place would be to check with the KHSAA and the NCAA to get a ruling. If they say ok then that is great. If not the time to find out is before any kid gets burned by it.

ohio does the same thing excess money raised for or by kids goes into their funds for future use at USA tournaments !!!!
I guess they are breaking rules already
A magnificent idea actually that will help kids who are at their peak compete more and represent their sport and their State .

If the kid raised funds themselves then that would not be breaking any rule. Read the rules and see what you think. 

• Upvote 2

Nice comment from someone sporting an olympian pic but who has never had to send someone to Fargo or worry about anyone competing in that level Odd you even looking in other than to instigate in a thread better left to those who actually have concerns with the issues involved in these styles .Im sure everything will be kept appropriate now the snakes can crawl back to tbeir Holes and hiss later .

Sign in to follow this