Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - PreSeason JUNE 24

lets hope this time next week its Austin Myers Greco All American en route to Double AA.Road dogs headed out tomorrow safe travels to all those making the trip .

lets hope this time next week its Austin Myers Greco All American en route to Double AA.Road dogs headed out tomorrow safe travels to all those making the trip .

I think Austin will bring back some hardware. After watching him and Matt brown go live for an hour at my house. I think he is ready to roll. Good luck Austin and the rest of the ky boys.

• Upvote 2

Ranger as usual great job! There are a few individuals I see that weight wise you have incorrect but I know you can't keep tabs on all the kids after season.

Little Louie Regalado will definitely not be rolling back into 106. I saw him at a couple tournaments about month or after season and he will be a 120 at least this season. If he makes 113, I will be highly surprised. I do not think you gave Chance Oxford enough love and I feel he could be top 5 at least. I know it is a tough choice but Max Andreoni should be top 2 for sure. Since Ki Ryder is out of the picture Gino Haywood will take back the 170 spot. Right now, at 182 he is definitely not a top 10 performer. Haywood can be in the top 8 at 170 and I bet that is where he will run to once the season kicks off.

I heard that Tyler Frankrone may be jumping to 220, is this true?

As usual just my opinion like many. I know that I do not keep up with the guys like you do and that is why I respect all the work you put into these rankings.  

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Austin .Football is out wrestling all year and training for A few National tournaments and a run at both Finals at Fargo next yr is in .

Frankone is a beast ,that said ,doubt he jumps two weight classes .No one in their right faculties would chase Down Austin .He will most likely end every match he wrestles in the reg season before the second period .

Thats a 700lb plus lb tire and ATM getting put through a session by one of the Best Strength/MMA trainers in the midwest.leave no stone unturned or un lifted these guys are straight up Nasty.Ever lifted a 265 lb round stone up over 4 feet and set it on a pedastool after training two hours with tires that weigh 700+ deadlifts over 600 firemans carries for 40 yrds or so with 400 lbs non stop sprawls and shots for a few min positioning band training with 275 ,lb worldclass strongmen moving you around .Austin has .its a whole new Ballgame .any brave souls care to have some real workouts give me a pm.Love all the kids Frankone is one of my favorites in ky .

• Downvote 2

Not going to talk trash on any hard working kids even if people are trying to stir a pot or maybe not I will say I wish Frankone lived closer to us I would like to train him some and have him and Austin work Together .im seeing things through different glasses these days of course I want CC to win everything lol but I would love to see Ten or twenty kids like Austin Erdman Brown Yenter and the cadets from this yr joined by the rest of the best next yr in Fargo Frankone would most likely be a Greco beast and a possible double AA .Heidorf Andrioni many more could test those waters and do well also I am sure .I want every kid from Ky to get better and to be led straight !!

really a negative report for talking about training lol sorry for talking training to someone whos head it obviously went over.

Dont get some Get it All.

Gents, (PinandWin, Tyr), I agree with you both. I wondered why anyone would jump two weight classes and chase down a Nationally ranked 220 as well. I believe Frankrone could walk through 182 or 195. He is a beast for sure. I am not saying he could not challenge Austin but why go for uncertainty. As for the training aspect, it has to be in the heart of the young man chasing that desire to be the best. There are a ton of great training programs out there and it is finding the one that works for that individual. Case and point, I am sure Aaron Pico and ATM have two different training programs and both are very successful.    

• Upvote 1

Not sure how successful his new training program will be its the same old one with a bunch of new stuff added :)quite a bit of level Boost .Like training to go from Goku youth Days to Super Saiyen 10 .

Im sure every youth to College wrestler has their own style and different types of training ,Im also sure there was not one single kid Austin wrestled this year or any in any tournament he wrestled at in his class who could make it through His particular Workout at least lb for lb .And im sure Pico has A Pico workout specific for him as everyone does .While Austins is not specific it is designed by A strength /Sports specific oriented trainer .

Austin has never lost a single match in regular season High School Wrestling and has pretty much improved every yr .And his Freshman yr he beat A returning state Champ at 220 and followed that up By Beating the Most Dominant and Feared Wrestler in Indiana a few weeks later Then went on the biggest win streak in the nation in his class beating ranked kids every yr untill fargo he has never not been in the finals and I doubt him not making finals there in Greco upsets him and im sure he feels happy with his outcome there considering he only wrestled in one fr gr tournament before that in over three yrs and that was cen reg where he win 2 ows.If you think He will let anyone escape the second period if not the first with him in his state Finals his sr yr after his life in this sport ,I doubt you know anything at all about wrestling whatsoever .

It would look better on paper though .AUSTIN WOULD have pinned Frankrone ,Courtney ,Mathews ,and Mickey Smith all in under three periods last yr consecutively .Probabky all top eight kids in that class.

And that is no knock on anyone that was one of my favorite classes and it also is no BS .And now he is headed to Super Saiyen 10 thats like totally off the previous power level Chart .So what is your real point your user name says ind grappler After what Austin did to one of your best who was also a returning jr AA from fargo do you really think anyone can challenge him in KY.

• Downvote 1

Good Morning! Did I read correctly that Austin Myers will not be playing football this year? Was hoping to see him play but understand if he has made the decision to commit fully to wrestling his senior year.

• Upvote 1

Thats correct .He is not Playing he has quite a few visits that coaches are setting up that just do not fit in with a football schedule but more importantly with preparing for the next level his sr yr a few more summer fall tournaments and some serious training outside the normal scope of most high school wrestling or wrestlers it probably was not in his best interest .He started his last two yrs wrestling seasons with injuries from Football I have seen kids straight up take shots at his knees from behind right in front of refs and them stand there without even throwing a flag its not really intelligent to risk an injury that may be completely unavoidable and due in no part to yourself although he loves Football he has played since he was six yrs old he decided not to play this year and focus on Wrestling .

Well, I too have a young football player/wrestler and completely understand your concerns. We wish Austin only the best for his senior year and look forward to seeing him compete this wrestling season!  :D

Thanks,it should be a great year im sure with highs and lows ,best of luck love both sports ,but you gotta love the feeling of controlling your own Destiny in a sport like wrestling .even without the spotlight given to other sports lol

in,grappler .Who knows maybe someone thinks lightning will strike twice and you can gain instant notoriety but It will not Austin is not bumping weight as his Brother did he is solid at 220 and he is not Lackadaisical in his approach only looking at those close at hand at least not anymore .I think he pins or techs every kid he wrestles this yr in season and that goes for out of state comp as well .

If memory serves, Frankrone wrestled Max Dean very tough which is a very tall order.  Those Dean boys from Lowell, Michigan know what they're doing.  He should stay right where he is.

Tyr, I have watched Austin wrestle many times. Saw him at VA Beach his Freshman and Sophomore years. Plus, watched him at a few other tourneys along the way. He is a beast by all means and I did not think he would change weights. Why would you when you are dominating pretty much every where you. His brother Stephen was still a force on the mat even while changing weights in high school. I do agree with Austin's decision to not play football this year. 

Austin has always been an undersised 220 till now his reason for being there in the first place was a khsaa ruling and he was successful so he stayed .Depending on his college choices and their wishes I think he stays 220 no problem.perhaps some dips up or maybe even down who knows I will say two schools both Big ten want him at hvy and another Big 10 has spoken to him about 197.And some other very good schools have seemed to want him at Hvy .He is and will be strong enough for hvy thats all I know for sure.I actually think he is and will be vastly improved this yr He will look to reclaim the top spot at 220 at nat and at Fargo .

He has never focused solely on wrestling and had not wrestled fr gr in yrs I thought he did extremely well and I think he has been overlooked not by anyone in ky but in some of the rankings lol usa ended him up at ten and awn didnt even have him ranked untill after fargo now hes third lol its not like he has been hiding nhsca every yr nat duals every yr tournys in oh ky every yr but whatever Win does a good job but I different rankings use dif tourneys why usa chose to totally distespect him I do not know but they lowered their own credibility .

Edited by Tyr
  • Downvote 1