BlastDouble35

Who was the best wrestler when you were in high school?

I am pretty young, just a junior, but i think the best wrstler i have been around was probably Kyle Ruchelle. Also Scott Cooper and Brad Cooper would be some top picks for me.

Wow..this is a good topic.

Joe Carr is probably hands down the best wrestler to come from KY. But there is some other great ones...

Knable- 4x state champ

Ian Horn-3x state champ 5x placer

Chris Dunn- 3x state champ- 3rd as freshman

D. Black- did he only win state once? we know what he's done since.

Tendi (won't even try to spell last name)- 3x state champ

There is plenty more, keep them coming.

Guest Mat_Man_658

i would say the two best wrestlers that i have been around alot is buddy dodd and chris floyd from wayne co

I know when I was in 10th grade I looked up to guys like Andre Bradford State Runner up,Luke Metzker 2X time state champion,Brad Cooper 3x time state champion and some of the best state placers in louisville!!

I'd say Ian Horn from Woodford.

At the state tournament his senior year, the closest anyone came to him was 10 points.

Considering size and styles this would be a pretty hard choice. Maybe Migliaccio from TC I think, or Willie Ennels. Joe Jr. was a freshman my senior year :lol: . Bertelson and Martz were both in their with my years.

I like your group to plee. I got the opportunity to wrestle with Richey after he came back from Military. He ripped my head off a couple of times with that dang headlock. :shock: West Kentucky put out some animals for about a good 10-15 years from early 80's to mid 90's.

i agree, western kentucky was stacked in those years. i had the honor of wrestling aaron herring in 87, and it felt like i was thrown in a cage with a wild animal :lol::lol: ....i've never wrestled anyone that quick & strong before. he seemed to gas a bit in the 2nd & 3rd periods, but i was whooped long before that point!