Sign in to follow this  
Tarzan

Disney Duals

Seems like KY or Team Ky could send a crew to Disney , it's a high profile tournament and with all the talent in KY throughout the state I'm sure a trip to Fl and Disney duals could ignite a fire under some HS kids and at least get Ky a little more national exposure .

Absolutely love this idea! Let's see how we can get these Ky kids more National exposure and who doesn't love Disney! Cheerleaders go every freaking year!

As much as I like to see everyone pushing for more people to wrestle in whatever style or tournament and would never say do not compete in any style or tournament because any and all mat time is important ,

I am afraid you just rubbed me the wrong way , I brought up Disney because it has become one of the biggest tournaments in the country as well as one of the funnest and exciting - fun and excitement equalling more participation - there are multiple div it's in a fun Florida vs - ugh the desolate place the other great tournament is in and it's actually cheaper , not going to try to talk people out of Fargo or play a this tournament vs that one because I would like to see more kids at Fargo but considering hardly any kids in ky know squat about fr gr Disney is and would be a great choice should an ambitious coach wish to lead a charge to take a team all those going would return with wide eyes and stories that would ignite the rest of the state to want to go back next yr !!!

Team ky that is already put together would do rather well there not sure if srs are allowed but if so even better for team ky ,

I respect all events and coaches who push for them all no need to try to talk people out of an opportunity that actually fits the kentucky wrestler even better than the one you are pushing for , as I said I would rather see people headed to both .

Please do not feel it was a hit on Fargo by myself it was just an option for kids to get more nat experience and mat time !! I still believe nothing touches Fargo !!!

It may not be the best summer opportunity for national exposure but ky kids know how to wrestle folk style and I would think it would be easy to get a large amount of college wrestlers from ky to help coach there seeing as how they would enjoy the after hours in Orlando lol

That said I have some ideas for raising some funds for Fargo if you are interested !!

Disney Duals is definitely a premier summer event. We would love to be involved with organizing/training/coaching Team KY.

Yes, Babette Disney Duals is an AAU sanctioned event. Definitely one of the better events for high school. I think you are guaranteed 10 matches. There are over 100 teams that compete.

This would certainly be something new for Ky Wrestlers to strive for, as we can see the word is out and Ky is sending one of the largest representations to VA Beach Nationals ever. The more that our Ky wrestling community can do to put our kids and programs in the national spotlight the better. I look forward to seeing this become another opportunity in the near future.

I never meant to insinuate that it was a bad tournament. It sounds like a terrific opportunity. & I think anybody that is interested should definitely go! Especially with Coach Ruff on board.

June 26 - July 1 - not sure about all the rules , it appears that a state team would have to compete in the all star div against the best and it is very competitive , espn wide world of sports arena , pretty darn impressive looking ,

10 matches guaranteed is pretty cool as well it says you have to compete in your area ??? Or something to go for a nat duals title ??? I my memory is correct wrestlers earn individual medals as well regardless of team outcome , 1 or no losses = gold 1 or 2 losses = silver and so on . Something like that at least that's how it was a few yrs back ,

There is actually time to prepare a team for this yrs event .

Sign in to follow this