IWIN

Dapper Dan

Great video on Flowrestling, Who's #1 Crunch Time at 120 discussing Nathan Boston and his upcoming opponent at the Dapper Dan, who just won a PA State Championship at 126. They also discuss a few other highly anticipated match ups. Best of luck at the Dapper Dan Nathan! You know me and the family will be pulling for you!

They kinda screw the non PA kids. Boston has to weighin at 120. The other kid doesnt even have to weighin. They really dont want a KY kid beating one of their own

Shoulder to shoulder or not, doesn't matter. Nathan is top notch. Honestly, the better match would be teammate vs teammate, Boston vs Micic 3, the rubber match!! I'd pay big $$ to see that war!

Snyder maybe , Wood or Boykin will not beat ATM , and Snyder could not score at will against ATM as he does with all the weaker 220s in the country in HS .

Not sure how a kid out of HS gets into tournaments with HS kids but it's all good , anyone who trains 24/7 with the best wrestlers in the country / world should have a big advantage over kids who actually have to go to school . Snyder is super impressive super advanced and has super advantages , that said , they will eventually meet up and no one impresses me more than ATM and thats without bias .average skill unparalleled ethic and strength training and yrs of wrestling with some of the best as a youth .

I doubt he eve gets his due in HS I am positive he does in College . He's a tank and when he gets in a room of kids his level or above he will take off .

Maybe he will get an invite to dapper Dan next yr either way awesome seeing Boston head there .

• Downvote 1

You guys realize Snyder is a high school senior don't you? He goes to a traditional high school, has class, homework etc. His school even has a wrestling team. He just happens to not work out with them and goes to the OTC. I see the point though; he's afforded an environment and training partners that make it world class. In fact, I bet he's had more mat time this past year than nearly all collegiate wrestlers.

• Upvote 1

Wildcat, you are one of the biggest s--t stirrers on this website. How about taking that spoon you stir with and shove it! Always trying to imply things without actually doing so. Rather than hiding behind what Flo says, come out and say what you think. Your post is classless. Your intent is clear. You want a reaction, well you got one. And when you respond to this, don't come on here playing innocent. You could have posted something quite different and chose not to. Your trash.

^ You sir are paranoid. I was just posting as it was reported. I dont have a flo account and was not able to give my own analysis. Being that this thread is about Boston at the dapper dan...it seemed relevent. Sorry if I offended you, maybe you should ask flo to chnage their description. Thanks

Macri is an absolute stud--so is Boston. It's an all star match and doesn't change a thing. Macri is headed to Cornell and Nathan will see him again. I'd expect a much different outcome.

• Upvote 2

Congrats to Nathan for representing USA and KY in such a premiere event!

If you have to lose, its best to lose to one of the best, just motivates for the next big match. 

Is the video available on Youtube or anywhere other than Flo?

Just curious, I remember a while back people talking about a kid boston had beaten to validate his number 1 ranking, was this the same kid? I try to follow the local kids nationally as much as I can, but it's hard to keep up with. Hopefully Nathan beats him and many others while representing ky on the college level, can't wait to follow his college career.

Guys,

Nathan has been covered by flo as much as anyone. You have to take the good with the bad. Bottom line Nathan didnt perform. It has only been about three weeks that he has been in a room that pushes him. He will be ok he just needs to keep working and get stronger. You cant have your best match every match. Nathan actually beat this great young man about 2 years ago 6-3. Nathan got taken down at the end of the first. I think took his mind out of it and then the snow ball started. At the ceremony they talked about guys wrestling someone up a weight at Dapper Dan. Jake Herbert did it and got Tech Pinned. He ended up winning a couple of NCAA title. I am not going to define Nathans career off of one match or will he. When he came off the mat he just said I need to get back to work. Bottom line he got beat and that happens so Wildcat you are ok and not a problem with posting. People want to know. When people make such a big deal when you get beat by a guy 1 weight above you. You then know you are doing something right. Now for facts

Nathan is a 120lber and he wrestled a kid that wrestled 126 all year that was a 126 state Champion and OW in PA.

No there wasnt strict weigh ins and thats ok..

A lot of the kids didnt make weight with the 5lb allowance. The kids know they will wrestle regardless of weight. Its about putting on a show for charity.

It was an honor that they felt they had to put their 126 on Nathan.

Kentucky has had 2 Dapper Dans neither have won. Joe Carr jr lost by pin in 1997. Hopefully Myers can get us back on track.

Dapper Dan is more about the ceremony and the awards. The actual wrestling is a small part of it. One may ask why would you go to wrestle someone in a higher weight and why would they do it. First of all the Dapper Dan is the Nirvana of Highschool wrestling. The best of the best are there. To make it interesting PA needs to put their best guys on the mat regardless of weight. This year PA allowed 4 guys to wrestle down a weight. Honestly, I think it was awesome. It made it very interesting.

Brock had his match he would love to have back at super 32, Sean against a couple of guys in Ohio, Blackwell in the finals, and Nathan at Dapper Dan. Boys, unfortunatly you have those nights but you guys are still the greats in my eyes.  Last night, the bottom line was he was bigger, stronger, and just a better wrestler.

Most kids would love to have his career I know I would.

199-1

3X State Champion-2 States IN/KY

4X State finalist- Lost to Dapper Dan winner and OW his Sophmore year

Ranked #1 in the Country a couple of times the last couple of years at different weights

2X Flonational Finalist-Flonational Champion

Invited to Dapper Dan

Invited to Dream Team

In closing, I want to thank everyone for making Nathan feel like a Kentucky kid and accepting him as your own. Everyone opened their rooms and welcomed him with open arms. I love Indiana wrestling but Kentucky wrestling has a special place in my heart. I would guess Nathan will be right back in the practice room today or tomorrow.

Thanks again and good luck at Nationals.

• Upvote 5

Braycael,

Sorry I didnt answer your question. This is not the same kid this kid was up a weight. This kid will not be ranked at Nathans weight. However, Nathan is the 3rd kid that was ranked #1 this year he has beaten. The other 2 #1 kids were at the weight above. He is an awesome wrestler and a great young man. I am not sure if they will wrestle in college he could be at 133.

Great post , great career , greater person and kid , Nathan is and always has been one of the best .

Anyone can see that it was a bit odd a 126 PA st champ dropping to 120 - and 5 lbs is basically a weight up to begin with . Not making excuses for anyone and none are needed , it's pretty self explanatory , as is the reason some

People constantly try to down others , using someone else's over dramatic post in a quote to divert heat from your own intentions is typical of said poster , who obviously enjoys the sport that he more obviously so failed at , hence the constant knocks on wrestlers who have exceeded anything said poster could have ever done in the sport or even dreamed of doing .

Congrats Nathan on stepping up and representing even against the odds . More to be said for the attempt than the outcome in this case . Not what I would call getting destroyed but hey expect drama from

People who make their living off of drama , a tech or a pin is getting destroyed .

Congrats to Nathan on just being there....He is the elite....Under different circumstances, like a real weigh-in....My money is on Nathan everyday !!!!

We will be watching him in a couple of years with Brock and ATM on ESPN.....Write it down folks !!!!    YES you heard it here.......

Congratulations Rob.....One great young man.....Truly love his passion for the sport !!!

Almost forgot...Yours too !!!