Sign in to follow this  

Best Kentucky Wrestler Ever?

Haha for real? I only respond to his crap and never bring him up first. I only come in later to counter his points.

You didnt say SAM was going D1 here...just for years on ohio boards. My bad.

I believe that mitch Ervin and Derek scott should be in the conversation. mitch was the champ in john wolsifers weight 160 there senior years. a great match that never happened.  but both mitch and Derek were so dominate there last couple years.

Mitch was dominate his sr. year but his Jr. year was not a walk in the park for him.  especially at the state tourney.   He barely won his quarter finals match 10-9 (another 3 seconds and he would have lost) and won by 2 in the finals. 

Wish he could have competed past high school.  Medical reasons kept him out.

Well where Sam is or is not is not your buisness nor is the reason he' is wheee he is and whatever tou read on orher boards was probably garbage instigated by wannabees like yourself .

Set back and watch what happens with ATM .

regardless from a wrestling standpoint he has beaten D1 kids this yr , and I have never called you out it commented on your kid because I don't know you or care about him , he is irrelevant to me :) just spent the day in Columbus talking to trainers for ATM it will be interesting next yr there are a lot of advancements in the sport and with MMA guys coming in from different styles actually starting to focus on wrestling and working with young wrestlers it could be very benificial for the sport .

Fun times ahead and coming at the sport from different angles will become more crucial to a kid succeeding eventually to hit the upper levels like a Brock or Boston you will have to focus on these other aspects or fall behind .

I meant maul kids like Ed Ruth does

Gotcha. I misunderstood. ATM is a beast, but it's way too early to say he'd maul Ed Ruth!

Ok well to switch lanes obviously its very early but is there any leader of the pack of where ATM may be wrestling after high school?[/

Austin will be a four xer like Dake :) and he and Boston would make great teammates , figure it out those are his two front runners .

And it seems Sam and ATMs old teammates from Ohio would have beniffited more from ATM and SAM than vice versa feel sorry for them

Actually such a talented group falling victim to internal issues not one title from the whole sr core , that's a shame .

• Downvote 2

I'll take that as Cornell and ISU. Wow what an opportunity if he can qualify academically to go to Cornell on scholarship. Ivy League scholarships don't just come every day. That's awesome though, and personally I hope he does become a 4xer like Dake. Just so Kentucky will have our own bit of history.

I meant ATM would be a four xer next yr like Dake , but you never know lol .

All the kids who have been mentioned , I doubt Were actually as good as Brock ,Or Boston , and being as it is in Ky , I would expect a unanimous decision for - Brock :)for now - kids a beast .

I got a chance to speak with Austin and he mentioned he liked the Iowa state coaches a lot. Anywhere he goes I can't wait to watch him succeed and hopefully continue to dominate. Ky wrestling fans hopefully will appreciate what this kid does, I know I will.

I meant ATM would be a four xer next yr like Dake , but you never know lol .

All the kids who have been mentioned , I doubt Were actually as good as Brock ,Or Boston , and being as it is in Ky , I would expect a unanimous decision for - Brock :)for now - kids a beast .

Lol I thought for sure you meant a 4xer in college, but like you said hey you never know. Its amazing how far hard work will take you. Best of luck to both of your kids this offseason.

Thanks , I am

Very confident even arrogant on purpose at times I would love to predict 4 NCAA titles for ATM , and if I thought it could

Help

Make it happen I would but I also would not claim

Anything so monumental without just cause , now if ATM tears it up like never before or pretty much as he has done every yr in HS , I may make a few statements :)

Hard to pick one two very obvious ones for me are rushell and Jacob murton. I haven't followed it as much since My career ended but heard that meyers kid was one the top in the country. Seen him wrestle a few times and just dominated.

For honorable mentions id say Richard Starks, Taylor shearer, Don Blevins ( never saw him but heard a lot about him before my time), and Jarius Murton, murton I know gave #1 kid in the country a Good run or atleast made it close and pretty much destroyed everyone he faced in state think cooper was the only one to not get pinned or teched. 

Sign in to follow this