Sign in to follow this  

Best Kentucky Wrestler Ever?

Austin Myers will be one of the greatest wresters in Kentucky History. Hands Down. I think the reason he is not included yet by some is that his book is not completely written. The others mentioned have finished their careers.

BINGO.  I don't think a single person has debated that ATM will be at the top when he is done. We're just throwin out names from the past.

and I may be wrong but I feel like Livingston Merritt wouldve made it 6 mins with ATM.

What is Boston's best win in-state?  Not in any way saying he's not worthy of a mention here just can't remember him being even slightly challenged the last 2 yrs ( I guess that is more evidence for his dominance).  Did he beat a state champ?  113 last yr and 120 this yr seemed watered down compared to the weight classes immediately adjacent to them (120 last yr and 113 and 126 this yr).  Guess folks ran from him.

Of this stellar crop of KY seniors (probably best ever in state history) who will be the first to be a NCAA All American?  I say Brock.  That kids motor and technique are unreal.  Boston may be just as good (we just don't know) but he'll have a harder time breakin the lineup at ISU I think than Brock will at Illinois.

Ok I remember one match.  Boston beat Whalen in the summer by maybe 2-3 pts (feel like Whalen had some pounds on him).  They didn't wrestle in duals last season when they were both at 120. I wanted to see that.

Hey I said with his state titles and placings in good tournaments I just think he dodged some tournaments to protect his record ,when you don't show up to inn season tournaments that your team is in and they are loaded with state placers and everyone's eye is on you and you are no where to be seen then I have to think your dodging comp , there are some

Who have been mentioned Who never missed a tournament they were allowed to wrestle in , I see it all the time I have seen top kids all over do it Oh Ind and ky ,its just how some people play the game .others do not

Before you say what I'm

Spewing is crap look at his teams past schedule and see what and where he missed

What meets are you speaking of specifically?

I would really like to know what you are talking about. I can provide insight if you tell me where he dodged competition.

You couldn't be talking about the weekend In mid December all 4 years he went to Beast of the East(placing 3X).

Or you couldn't be talking about in 2010 when I allowed him to miss the Dragon to wrestle in the Tulsa Nationals because he was trying to win their Triple Crown(he didn't,he won the first 2 and was injured in the Spring and didnt go to Vegas).

And while you don't give any credence to Super32, some people think it is a ridiculously tough tournament(John had over 100 kids in his bracket a time or two and placed 3 times, take a look).

The only thing I can think of you may be referring to is December2009 Moeller Duals. John was not down to weight yet and didn't wrestle. He was 112 that year, let's see who else was 112?

Oh yea, an excellent freshman from Moeller named Stephen Myers. Trinity dualed Moeller and was worked over for sure. Stephen went on to place 3rd the next weekend at the Ironman and John went 2 weeks later and placed 7th at the Beast. I would have LOVED to have seen them wrestle, it just didn't work out.

As a side note, I did ask Coach Gaier prior to the dual if he wanted to bump his 112 and wrestle our 119(Bradbury) and Coach Gaier was not comfortable doing that. No problem at all. I understood.

I hope this sheds light on your thoughts about John "dodging competition".

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

- Abraham Lincoln

You cant compare the overall compitition in the light weights and heavier weights to the other weights . Easy to be dominant when you are a man among boys.  Two perfect examples are Travis Sullivan and Austin Meyers. Two awesome wrestlers, but thier weight classes are not comparable to the middle weight classes. The middle weight classes are always loaded with great matches ex.... Cooper/Meyers . And even though he lost his finals match his senior year, one of my favs is SAM.  But right now I think Brock is top dog!

• Upvote 1

No Stephen placed 6 AA in Fargo a couple months before ,then came in fourth at iron man losing by a point to dance on a controversial call then beating him in Powerade a few weeks later by 5 where he placed 3rd losing by a point to keener who he beat by 5 at Iron man

Super 32 is pre season and Tulsa is for 15 and under surprised a HS school would

Let you miss a school tourny to do a 15 And under tourny , thats why dads shouldnt coach . LIke I said some people pick and choose their wins and lol you ran from Stepen and tried to get cred by beating a smaller kid a fresh no doubt that's weak , it would be like Stephen tearing his head off now in college :)

Yes it woud have been great Stephen the highest ranked 112 lb fresh in the nation and a Fargo placer in the toughest class there , but Someoe couldn't make weight for that one and was wrestling JV somewhere from what I was told .

Why would Gaier wrestle a 112 lber against a 119 when he and everyone at Moeller was expecting to wrestle the twelve lber that everyone in two states was talking smack about coming and wrestling SAM it Was the talk of two states . But only one was ready .

Yep they teach a lot at graham

Unsure what "I" ran from.

Never heard " the talk of two states", it was only a dual meet at the beginning of the season.

It does no good to respond to your posts.

While I have known many wrestlers who ducked trying to save their record, one thing I respect about ATM is his desire to throw himself at the toughest possible competition. Fahy wasn't a ducker, if anything he was cursed. He would've AAed at Fargo as a cadet the year I went if he hadn't failed skin checks and wrestled Junior instead.

In comparing Boston to Brock I feel that Brock is better on his feet while Boston is untouchable on the mat. Brock is going to face some tough competition to break into the Illinois line up depending on where Zane Richards goes. People thought Fahy was going to start easy, but I think he has had injury problems or something of that sort. Boston could possibly start at 125 for Iowa State next year, I don't think he should but I feel that he will be the best 125 in that room. Evan Silver is able to compete at 125 despite being 112 in high school, he is also built like a bulldog though. Boston is going to need to fill out more for 125 or he will get muscled around.

I'd prefer ATM to make 197 and maul kids like Ed Ruth but as a growing boy he will probably end up at 285

Boston is tall enough and has the space to fill out at 126 no problem , and yes I couldn't understand what they did to Fahy in Fargo that yr it made no sense DQ him at skin checks for cadet but ok him the next day or whatever for jrs it was dumb he had a good shot at AA ing those classes are tough in Fargo vey high contested . Strange things happen out there anyway I have seen whole crowds cheering saying he's pinned and a Fargo ref not give a pin and pins in fs and gr are supposed to be touch , who knows .

Don't know where ATM ends up weight wise hes Definatly not big heavy and while he can and has cut its been a while and he enjoys being and getting strong hard to do when your to worried about cutting all the time , we will see .

It does no good to try and explain away something Then try to turn it on a kid that showed up by saying you tried to get a match with a lighter younger wrestler ,

In your own words as you explained it

Must have been on your mind as well

As you stated you tried to get a match between your 119 st champ and a 112 Stephen

. And I'm sure your right no on in either state even noticed that one of the best freshmen in Ohio and a Fargo All American and Ky state champ were getting ready to wrestle , yeah no one mentioned it in either state ,

Either way I like Fahy hes a great wrestler and was always a great kid and I think they robbed him out in Fargo his second cadet yr that was dumb

It does no good to try and explain away something Then try to turn it on a kid that showed up by saying you tried to get a match with a lighter younger wrestler ,

In your own words as you explained it

Must have been on your mind as well

As you stated you tried to get a match between your 119 st champ and a 112 Stephen

. And I'm sure your right no on in either state even noticed that one of the best freshmen in Ohio and a Fargo All American and Ky state champ were getting ready to wrestle , yeah no one mentioned it in either state ,

Either way I like Fahy hes a great wrestler and was always a great kid and I think they robbed him out in Fargo his second cadet yr that was dumb

Twist it up however you want, it would bother me only if you had any real clue as to what your talking about. Done

• Upvote 1

Please give it a rest. Your kid isnt the best, but he is very good. Some people would call moving to ky, dodging real nationals( that 11 man bracket was a gauntlet) and wrestling naia, running from comp and protecting records...please, just stop.

Fahy had been in Kentucky since at least 6th grade?

Fahy won 5 middle school state championships , I would assume that started in 4th grade .unless he was held back .

The NAIA is not a bash and wouldnt be used like one if you wouldnt have ran your mouth for years about "big time D1 offers". Im sure D1 teams run in fear from LW.

SPG must love teaching people how to run from competition. Unfortunately they felt fine sending their freshman Alex Marinelli out againt the senior SM. We know we know..home town refs and jordan.

Atm is good, but persoanlly I think everything Stephen has done is better, heres why,

-Much higher quality wins.

-Much higher quality tournys and weight classes lightyears ahead of 220. Look at that list of names he has beat..try that with atm

-He wrestled up weights later and didnt bother cutting.

-Hes just better. I add him to my list and im sure he would be higher with a bigger body of ky work.

Good luck to atm I hope he can find a good home in the collge weights.

Look at the ohio results and ATM s record against them , Jennings in the finals of HVY , Nye who Austin teched and nearly pinned twice barely losing to Pfarr who is in the finals . No one in Ohip can beat him he has reached his goal and now it's time to reach further .

While I have known many wrestlers who ducked trying to save their record, one thing I respect about ATM is his desire to throw himself at the toughest possible competition. Fahy wasn't a ducker, if anything he was cursed. He would've AAed at Fargo as a cadet the year I went if he hadn't failed skin checks and wrestled Junior instead.

In comparing Boston to Brock I feel that Brock is better on his feet while Boston is untouchable on the mat. Brock is going to face some tough competition to break into the Illinois line up depending on where Zane Richards goes. People thought Fahy was going to start easy, but I think he has had injury problems or something of that sort. Boston could possibly start at 125 for Iowa State next year, I don't think he should but I feel that he will be the best 125 in that room. Evan Silver is able to compete at 125 despite being 112 in high school, he is also built like a bulldog though. Boston is going to need to fill out more for 125 or he will get muscled around.

I'd prefer ATM to make 197 and maul kids like Ed Ruth but as a growing boy he will probably end up at 285

Maul Ed Ruth!? YGTBSM. You realize Ed Ruth has only lost twice in college?

• Upvote 1

I know you'll just write back a bunch of flaming derogatory crap attacking me but I don't care. its sad to me that you act the way you do on here. Nobody is out to get you or your children. Both of them are awesome wrestlers, and probably just as awesome young men. But you get on here talking just pure craziness and that's the reason why a lot of people were happy to see SAM lose last year. The worst part is that as great their accomplishments are, and as lofty expectations are for the both of them, your antics cast a shadow so large I would be surprised if it ever went away. Very very sad...

• Upvote 2

Wow. No one is bashing your kids. They are bashing you. You det your self up with all of it by hijacking every thread while saying your kids are un beatable and getting a ton of d1 offers. When they get beat...people laugh, at you.

If you wonder why people have a problem with you, maybe it has to do with attacking every coach of mentor they have ever had by making yourself out to be the greatest coach/trainer in the world.

That's funny I seem to brag on the coaches they had the longest continually , me talking about or claiming to be a good trainer is not a knock on any coach and I have never said I am a great coach although I am a lot better than some and way better than most would think .

Not sure why you keep Bringing up D1 offers but I have never lied about any and only replied when asked , your infatuation with d1 and blasting my son for going NAIA is pathetic and shows your character and real intention , your simply a jealous p/i(k . And if I say I am the best trainer for my kids then I mean just that I know wtf I'm doing more so than you or any coach that's not saying I'm a better coach although I would have done a few things differently the same as every coach does things a bit different .

You constantly try to get a response from me that will insight others against me lol I don't care really but its obvious your intent is to get me to piss people off you even try to get me to say stuff against my own kid ho are you to try lol ur garbage .

pussycat2002 your constantly bringing up the fact that Myers "hijacks" every thread, Yet when I go back and look at those threads, low and behold pussycat2002 is right there crawling up his butt trying to piss him off.  Your little self entitled rants about how big of a d-head he is and how he should just shut up is getting old.  TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE AND SHUT THE F UP!  

You just aren't very humble at all, I guess that's my issue. If I ever have children and am blessed enough for them to be as dominant as SAM and ATM I probably wouldn't be wasting time on Kentucky Wrestling forums because whats the point? Your guys are going to win 99.99% of their matches in high school (looking like 100 for ATM so far) but you get on here and worry about what Wildcat2002 has to say etc. When SAM was in high school he was one of the most entertaining kids to watch, but I couldn't even get on here and say "wow that Stephen is really something" for fear of a verbal lashing from you. When the state tournament was over I asked you where could we look forward to watching Stephen wrestle in college to which you replied by calling me something like a "nut hugging faggot" and that I didn't deserve to know where he would be wrestling in college let alone watch him. Its just like jesus Christ dude take a chill pill...

Never called anyone that but it sounds like wildcats description

Ok well to switch lanes obviously its very early but is there any leader of the pack of where ATM may be wrestling after high school?

Sign in to follow this